The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Could it take a 100pts to make the playoffs?

kill_the_avs2

Why do you worry about that?? they have 10 players that have 10 goals or more for the season which is third best in the NHL. The scoring is spread out this year.

My Jr A Penticton Vees were the best in the league this year....by far...and they didnt have ONE player in the top FORTY in scoring, yet they were in the top 1-3 in goal scoring. Lots of teams who have 50 plus goal scorers dont even bode well in the playoffs. Id rather have four lines that score, than 1 or 2 guys who can....

Again he's talking, no 90 point scorer in the entire league, not the canucks team.

If the Canucks play at the pace they have been maintaining all season, they will finish with either 100 or 102 points.

The question is, how many points will LA put up. They are clearly desperate and motivated if they could beat the Rangers, a team which was the hottest in the league till tonight.

We can only hope the Islanders, a team which has been in a slump, can step up and put them down.

I am also hoping the next team up, the Wild, will continue their hot streak and smash down the Queens.

LA schedule is easier than Canucks from what I see:

Thu Mar 26, 2015 Kings at Islanders

Sat Mar 28, 2015 Kings at Wild

Mon Mar 30, 2015 Kings at Blackhawks

April

Thu Apr 2, 2015 Oilers at Kings
Apr 4, 2015 Avalanche at Kings
Mon Apr 6, 2015 Kings at Canucks
Tue Apr 7, 2015 Kings at Oilers
Thu Apr 9, 2015 Kings at Flames
Sat Apr 11, 2015 Sharks at Kings

I hate the Kings, and would love them to lose their next 3. If they don't, having Minnesota and Chicago lose isn't exactly bad for us either (watch the Kings win both games in OT or something annoying like that).

With CGY losing a point, their max is 103 if they run the table. Plus they have a 5 game road trip coming up, doesn't look too easy either.

I'll be shocked if CGY can pass Winnipeg at this point. But you never know with the Flames, they might destroy this road trip.

98 is the max for everyone except LA. It is extremely unlikely any of the non playoff teams will win 8-10 in a row and reach that. 50% win rate is more realistic. Id guess 6/9 for LA though. 4 wins should lock us in, the bigger concern is can Calgary, Minnesota, and Winnipeg keep LA out?

98 has been my cut-off. 4/9 for the Canucks is very manageable.

Archived