The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eastside Hockey Manager 2015/Early Access Edition

Rick Grimes

So I'm the Ottawa 67's, and I try and pull the trigger on a trade to get rid of what are essentially 3 spare pieces to my team. My back up goalie (who by all accounts is still a great player who was demanding near all star returns), a 4th line winger, and a mediocre prospect who failed to make my team out of training camp.

I just hit offer to all, but Sarnia's offer looked intriguing. They were really high on every piece in that deal for some reason, so ther offer was 2 2nds, a 3rd, and a mediocre prospect and roster player. Great offer, but I had to haggle. I followed up on it by removing that roster player, then adding more. Then more. Then more.

Until it looked like this.

RJrDSSd.png

You read that right. 18 picks.

5JJURjg.png

5 2nds, 5 3rds, 5 4ths, and 3 5th round picks. I went for another 5th, before they calmed down and said, "This trade does nothing for us."

So I had to settle for that.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

So I'm the Ottawa 67's, and I try and pull the trigger on a trade to get rid of what are essentially 3 spare pieces to my team. My back up goalie (who by all accounts is still a great player who was demanding near all star returns), a 4th line winger, and a mediocre prospect who failed to make my team out of training camp.

I just hit offer to all, but Sarnia's offer looked intriguing. They were really high on every piece in that deal for some reason, so ther offer was 2 2nds, a 3rd, and a mediocre prospect and roster player. Great offer, but I had to haggle. I followed up on it by removing that roster player, then adding more. Then more. Then more.

Until it looked like this.

RJrDSSd.png

You read that right. 18 picks.

5JJURjg.png

5 2nds, 5 3rds, 5 4ths, and 3 5th round picks. I went for another 5th, before they calmed down and said, "This trade does nothing for us."

So I had to settle for that.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Woodget said:

I'll type out my tactics, which I've not changed for 64 years:

Defensive coverage: zonal

Mentality: Offensive

Aggressiveness: Aggressive

Backchecking: Normal

Gap Control: Normal

Puck Pressure: Heavy

Hitting: Normal

Tempo: High

Passing: Creative

Shooting: Normal

Dumping the puck: Rarely

Forward usage: Normal

Defense usage: Normal

Powerplay usage: Favor 1st

Line matching: 1v2, 2v1, 3v3, 4v4

3-on-3 play: Use 2 defensemen

All four lines use the following tactical systems:

Breakouts: Positional

Neutral Zone Offensive: Positional

Offensive Zone: Positional

Forecheck: Positional Low

Neutral Zone Defensive: 1-2-2

Defensive Zone: Positional

Offensive faceoffs: Point shot

Defensive faceoffs: lopsided

Thanks man, I'll be sure to try it out. Hopefully it improves my offence haha.

40 minutes ago, Intoewsables said:

You may as well start trying to trade up with a lot of your picks, since the reserve lists for CHL teams are so small.

Had to cut 5 people on my first day on the job, lol.

About to go into a 4 person league.

It's going to be a fantasy draft, with all players picking teams in the same division, and playing out one season. The person who goes the furthest in the playoffs wins. The person who progesses the least is last (and the regular season points total is a tie breaker if two teams made it to the same stage).

The stipulation/punishment for being last place, is having to wear to buy and wear a Roman Reigns t-shirt throughout the summer. Lol.

I can't afford to lose. Please people pass me your best advice.

On 4/15/2016 at 8:50 PM, g_bassi13 said:

It's going to be a fantasy draft, with all players picking teams in the same division, and playing out one season. The person who goes the furthest in the playoffs wins. The person who progesses the least is last (and the regular season points total is a tie breaker if two teams made it to the same stage).

The stipulation/punishment for being last place, is having to wear to buy and wear a Roman Reigns t-shirt throughout the summer. Lol.

why would you even risk that

• 2 weeks later...

Man, in the last two seasons as Columbus, Saad has had two season ending injuries about 5-10 games in. So in the last two years.. he's only played 20 games for me. 

Also, what kind of tactics do you guys run? Do you do line matching with a checking line, (2 offense, 1 checking, 1 random) or what have you done that you've found successful? 

1 hour ago, Rough Neck said:

Also, what kind of tactics do you guys run? Do you do line matching with a checking line, (2 offense, 1 checking, 1 random) or what have you done that you've found successful? 

Right now, I have my bottom six lining up against top competition (I believe 3v2 and 4v1) which opens up my top 2 lines to feast on scrubs. This is only because I drafted a really good defensive center and traded for another though. Usually I'll use either my 3rd or 4th line against top competition and the rest depends on what my team looks like. If I have a younger line, I'll obviously try and feed them easier matchups. If not, I'll just give those matchups to the top line so they can hopefully score more.

Overall, I'd say line matching is a must unless your team is super balanced from top to bottom.

Edited by Intoewsables

On 4/15/2016 at 8:50 PM, g_bassi13 said:

7ee5a465b66dc417-300x200.gif

You must not lose.

http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/wiki/index.php?title=EHM_2007_Guide

http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6893

Those two guides have led me to the best success and best player development, a little out of date, but it still seems to work.

Hope you're doing/did well, lol. :P

Edited by Chris
Didn't realize how old the post was, bahaha.

On 03/05/2016 at 0:13 AM, Chris said:

7ee5a465b66dc417-300x200.gif

You must not lose.

http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/wiki/index.php?title=EHM_2007_Guide

http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6893

Those two guides have led me to the best success and best player development, a little out of date, but it still seems to work.

Hope you're doing/did well, lol. :P

We've tried to get it going a couple of times, but the game seems impossible to run online. One issue after another, so that the game can't even begin. We're going to have to wait until we're all in the same room, so we can connect and launch together off of the same IP address. Using Himachi didn't even work.

I currently fired my coach a month after he won OHL Coach of the year, and we finished first in the conference in points.

He was decent and all, but Bob Hartley was willing to join my team for some unspecified reason, and I signed.

It's not even allowed to go over smoothly, because you can't sign the replacement until you fire your actual head coach and anger everyone as if you don't have a plan.