The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

HD Canucks games

whcanuck

Hi Guys

I live in the States, and I have the NHL Centre Ice package. However, for some reason, all games on Canadian TV (ie Sportsnet or TSN) are in Standard Definition. Every other game featuring an American based team on an American station, ie Fox Sports Net, those games are always in High Definition. The only way I can watch the Canucks in HD is if the opponent is an American-based team and I watch their feed. The only time you can see a Canucks game in HD without the opponent's announcers is if the Canucks SN feed is somehow aired on the NHL network or if the game is nationally televised on CBC.

Here's my question. Is there an agreement (or lack thereof) between Sportsnet and the U.S. version of the NHL Centre Ice package where they refuse to show games in HD?

thanks

I am not sure either. I live in Seattle, and there are channels that air Canucks games. I've never noticed if it is playing in SD or HD, I just get really excited to see a Canucks game on TV, especially on the weekdays! I also have NHL Game Center, but I have never noticed either if the games are playing in SD or HD, but I watch the games on TV more than my computer.

I am not sure either. I live in Seattle, and there are channels that air Canucks games. I've never noticed if it is playing in SD or HD, I just get really excited to see a Canucks game on TV, especially on the weekdays! I also have NHL Game Center, but I have never noticed either if the games are playing in SD or HD, but I watch the games on TV more than my computer.

I'll never understand how someone can't notice the difference between SD and HD. Your vision must be awful or your computer is a potato.

I'll never understand how someone can't notice the difference between SD and HD. Your vision must be awful or your computer is a potato.

One of 2 things.

1. They are so used to the HD it doesn't seem as good (used to it)

2. They never had HD and dont understand how you know lol

Lmao.. A bunch of years back when I brought home my first HDtv plugged it in, got the box all set up... my wife's says- "What's the big deal? It looks the same"

I picked up the phone book and found "optometrists", passed it to her. I then told her my feeling was hurt and she should probably just watch TV in the basement on the " just as good TV".

It was worth sleeping on the couch that night.

Hahaha! This made me actually laugh out loud. I'd like to get a potato computer. lol. Is that like at a grade 7 science fair when the kid lights up a light bulb with a potato?

Hi Guys

I live in the States, and I have the NHL Centre Ice package. However, for some reason, all games on Canadian TV (ie Sportsnet or TSN) are in Standard Definition. Every other game featuring an American based team on an American station, ie Fox Sports Net, those games are always in High Definition. The only way I can watch the Canucks in HD is if the opponent is an American-based team and I watch their feed. The only time you can see a Canucks game in HD without the opponent's announcers is if the Canucks SN feed is somehow aired on the NHL network or if the game is nationally televised on CBC.

Here's my question. Is there an agreement (or lack thereof) between Sportsnet and the U.S. version of the NHL Centre Ice package where they refuse to show games in HD?

thanks

I live in Oregon and for that reason switched to Gamecenter Live a few years ago and haven't looked back. I think Gamecenter was actually cheaper too. All games are in HD and you even get special camera angles like goalie view, star view, etc., also you get to choose which station you want for which game. Further, I can watch it just about anywhere I go and especially on the TV using my Roku or Apple TV. You definitely need a good internet connection, but I assume that you have one over 10mbps.

Get Gamecenter, don't look back. You can also get around blackouts using VPN's. I just hop on my work laptop and bingo, the blackout is gone.

Archived