The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ADSF: (1) Montreal Canadiens vs (4) Ottawa Senators

Who will win the series?  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First star of the game: Chris Lee for blowing play down early.

Ottawa got screwed over hard with that early whistle. That was a good goal.

Oops says the ref. "Derp, gee whiz, aw shucks, sorry to end your season early guys...but y'know, it happens.."

Oh well, the right team won, right?

I swear this $&!# is scripted.

First star of the game: Chris Lee for blowing play down early.

Ottawa got screwed over hard with that early whistle. That was a good goal.

Oops says the ref. "Derp, gee whiz, aw shucks, sorry to end your season early guys...but y'know, it happens.."

Oh well, the right team won, right?

I swear this crap is scripted.

Blown and missed calls happen every game. In game two Subban took an obvious two handed cross check to the neck. There was no call and the Sens scored. How does that fit in to your conspiracy theory?

Say what you want about the blown call, it was a 1-0 game the whole time and they outshot the Canadiens by a 4:1 margin (30-7) over the final 2 periods and couldn't score any more "goals". Price was just too good late.

A real shame though, I was pulling for Ottawa. It was unlikely to happen but I thought if there was a team that could claw back from 0-3 it was this Senators group.

It will be interesting if TB can come back to win their series to get a rematch of last year's opening round against MTL.

Great season by Ottawa and Dave Cameron. Just a shame they had to play another Canadian team. Now down to 2,sorry I will be cheering for the habs and the flames until all the Canadian teams are out.

I'm dreaming of a redo of the 89 cup final. Not very likely but still possible at this point

The Habs had a similar goal taken away from them in Game 7 vs Boston a few years ago... Gionta had taken a shot from the blueline and the ref whistled the play down despite Thomas having zero control of the puck. The ref was in no position to see the puck. What goes around comes around, maybe... ?

The Sens did have many chances to even the game though. No matter what, getting shut out is just not an option in a game with that much importance. Price stood on his head, and the Habs survived.

That last minute and 20 seconds played out like a basketball game... Ridiculously stressful.

Blown and missed calls happen every game. In game two Subban took an obvious two handed cross check to the neck. There was no call and the Sens scored. How does that fit in to your conspiracy theory?

Well for starters, your example is related to a penalty (Involving Subban of all people). I am talking about a goal that was arbitrarily called off because the ref couldn't see the play. Not surprised Subban didn't get the call, he was fined THREE TIMES this season for diving, so guaranteed he's on the list. Guess what: You cry wolf too often, you don't get the calls.

Considering that goal could have been THE difference in the game, it's kind of a big deal when a legitimate play is blown dead prematurely. It was a good goal, and it should have counted.

It's easy to solve, just make those plays reviewable by the war room. I think it's a bitter pill for the Sens to swallow when that goal might have changed the trajectory of the game.

I'm dreaming of a redo of the 89 cup final. Not very likely but still possible at this point

omg that was a phenomenal series, I still remember it like yesterday; Dougie, Lanny, Theo Fluery and Mike Vernon put their heart and soul into that year.

An all-Canadian SCF is long overdue.

Well for starters, your example is related to a penalty (Involving Subban of all people). I am talking about a goal that was arbitrarily called off because the ref couldn't see the play. Not surprised Subban didn't get the call, he was fined THREE TIMES this season for diving, so guaranteed he's on the list. Guess what: You cry wolf too often, you don't get the calls.

Considering that goal could have been THE difference in the game, it's kind of a big deal when a legitimate play is blown dead prematurely. It was a good goal, and it should have counted.

It's easy to solve, just make those plays reviewable by the war room. I think it's a bitter pill for the Sens to swallow when that goal might have changed the trajectory of the game.

Technology is going to ruin hockey. May as well just play the video game. Take out human error and thats all you have.

Technology is going to ruin hockey. May as well just play the video game. Take out human error and thats all you have.

Not sure what you mean. I just want the officials to get the calls right, especially on goals.

Human error is fine when it comes to the players, that's the nature of sports, but everyone wins if officiating is as close to the letter of the law as possible.

omg that was a phenomenal series, I still remember it like yesterday; Dougie, Lanny, Theo Fluery and Mike Vernon put their heart and soul into that year.

An all-Canadian SCF is long overdue.

Flames might not have deserved to be there....everyone knows Otto kicked that puck in during Game 7 OT in the first round...

Archived