The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

St. Paul's Hospital to Relocate to False Creek Flats

DonLever

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

If you find Vancouver boring, its you. 

Nobody i know in their 20's ever goes to Downtown Van nowdays...

Just tourists hang out downtown.  Over priced establishments with zero live music venues.

Cool cats now days are attending events in East Van or Surrey.  Thats were the action is.

Downtown Vancouver is for tourists and over 60 year olds going  on cruises.... walkin down hastings to see the Steam clock.  Looking at first nations art that is actually made in China......    LOL. 

But maybe thats just you..

On 2017-03-28 at 3:42 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Soon Surrey will be a larger city than vancouver.

Surrey is the future.  

Downtown Vancouver is dying and eventually  will consist of 90%  Air B n B's.    

Lmfao. 

80/20 rule in place. 20% live in vancouver which is worth 80%. 80% live in surrey which is worth 20%. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

White Rock is part of Surrey, and I've heard it's nice.  

Whiterock used to be nice.  Near dead now.  Business's shuttered up everywhere.

No tourists go there now.  Parking is a  rip off.   Ruined the views with crappy fencing.

I used to like whiterock in the 1990's.  Too bad they ruined it. 

12 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Nobody i know in their 20's ever goes to Downtown Van nowdays...

Just tourists hang out downtown.  Over priced establishments with zero live music venues.

Cool cats now days are attending events in East Van or Surrey.  Thats were the action is.

Downtown Vancouver is for tourists and over 60 year olds going  on cruises.... walkin down hastings to see the Steam clock.  Looking at first nations art that is actually made in China......    LOL. 

But maybe thats just you..

Yeah I guess dodging bullets and watching people get knifed at King George station is pretty exciting

12 hours ago, One one two said:

They're coming to Burnaby.

You are so lucky to live in beautiful Burnaby.

Surrey and Burnaby are the new Vancouver.  Full of younger people moving out here.  So many new businesses opening up.

Vancouver is like the ghost town you see in Western movies. Tumbleweeds blowing down the streets.

American tourists killing  a few hours before their cruise ship departs .. ask you where is the Steam Clock.

Mostly just homeless people now living in the downtown as so many housing units are Air B n B  or vacant but  owned by out of country investors. 

Burnaby is a great city with so much green space and parks.   Yes Vancouver has officially moved east.  The new hub will be Burnaby and/or

Surrey 

Great to see the BC government recognizing this and moving hospitals  / services    eastward   eg. St. Pauls. 

On 15/04/2015 at 5:53 AM, Offensive Threat said:

Why does every single Gov run building project have to be a architectural achievement? How bout save a hundred million bucks and just build a functional hospital. We dont need fancy. We dont need 50 foot tall glass atriums. We need beds with the staff and equipment to go along with them. Every bridge, every skytrain station, every library. Every new one is always way overpriced with reduced functionality so some bureaucrat can point at it and say 'Isnt that pretty. I had that built".

Yes, Vancouver is a nice looking city and nice looking buildings help but with Gov funding cut so close to the bone nowadays it seems irresponsible to spend more than needed on this and similar projects.

Yup, 3 month list to get an mri, but at least it has sky light. 

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

You are so lucky to live in beautiful Burnaby.

Surrey and Burnaby are the new Vancouver.  Full of younger people moving out here.  So many new businesses opening up.

Vancouver is like the ghost town you see in Western movies. Tumbleweeds blowing down the streets.

American tourists killing  a few hours before their cruise ship departs .. ask you where is the Steam Clock.

Mostly just homeless people now living in the downtown as so many housing units are Air B n B  or vacant but  owned by out of country investors. 

Burnaby is a great city with so much green space and parks.   Yes Vancouver has officially moved east.  The new hub will be Burnaby and/or

Surrey 

Great to see the BC government recognizing this and moving hospitals  / services    eastward   eg. St. Pauls. 

Lol sounds like someone is butthurt that he can't afford a place in Vancouver.

Nobody lives in Surrey by choice, unless maybe they work out there and don't want to commute from Vancouver every day.

16 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Cool cats now days are attending events in East Van..

I'll give you that, East Van has a metric crap ton of great restaurants, microbreweries, cafes, shops etc. I'd rather hang in most of those places than downtown proper.

Surrey doesn't really have any of that though. Sorry.

Archived