The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Miller time

canuckster19

The thing they did wrong was start a rookie goalie in the highest pressure situation possible and expect to win. I have lost faith in Lack as a long term solution in net. Thank goodness once Miller's time is over in Vancouver, we won't need Lack anymore as one of the goalies in the pipeline will hopefully be ready to step in.

Absolutely. That bum didn't score a single goal!

It sure is'nt consistent to me....watch Pit vs Islanders the refs don't call as much penalties against 1 team,or even Det vs Lighting. Thats what u call "letting them play the game".

The refs have missed just as many calls against the Canucks. What you saw in game 4 was the refs being ordered to put a stop to post-whistle shenanigans. Calgary got the message and stayed disciplined. Vancouver didn't.

The refs have missed just as many calls against the Canucks. What you saw in game 4 was the refs being ordered to put a stop to post-whistle shenanigans. Calgary got the message and stayed disciplined. Vancouver didn't.

They were taking cheap shots against the Nucks refs just looked the other way.....the way it always has been...no big surprise that they chose the other team over us. So the Nucks haveta play against a team + the refs. True story...I won't say bro because ur not.

They were taking cheap shots against the Nucks refs just looked the other way.....the way it always has been...no big surprise that they chose the other team over us. So the Nucks haveta play against a team + the refs. True story...I won't say bro because ur not.

Watch the games without the homer glasses and honestly assess whether every play should be a penalty for or against you. Vancouver tends to get away with a little bit more than Calgary does as a point of fact.

I'll always have "the homer glasses on" just like u do.....the door swings both ways dude.

Absolutely... but as I already noted, Ferland got away with a late hit in Game 4 and certainly a few others. But I've also seen quite a few that Vancouver got away with. The reffing has been fairly consistent about not calling things unless they're serious (or, post-whistle as of Game 4).

7 goals against in 4 periods and you blame the players in front of him. Hard to score when you are constantly behind due to poor goaltending.

3 goals scored by the entire team in the last 6 periods and you blame the goalie.

And why exactly is it "hard to score when you are constantly behind"? Do you believe their sticks stop working when the scoreboard says they're losing? If they can score they should regardless of the score but especially if they're behind. That's how it works. Failing to do so means you lose no matter who's in net or how well they played.

Take the first game, for example. Being that we scored first and Lack only allowed 2 goals on 30 shots, both in the 3rd period, what exactly stopped the team from scoring more then? The anticipation of "being behind"?

Archived