The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Miller time

canuckster19

But one thing you are missing is confidence and momentum within hockey game.

Not discounting that whatsoever. Just attempting to counter the baffling comments like:

I can't picture them in my head but it's a saw off really. I blame Lack for most of them...

Lack stunk it up.

and he's made more tough saves in 40 minutes than Lack has in 3 games

Those statements are simply not true.

And Lack is part of that team.

Lack stunk it up. You have to have to have to make some saves when your team needs it; even if they suck in front of you.

Yes, he is part of the team, not the entire team. So, why is it that we expect our goalies to work harder and better to make up for the mistakes of the entire rest of the team all the time but then act like it's an unrealistic burden for the team to have to make up for one of the goalie's mistakes once in a while? Why is it they "have to make some saves when your team needs it" but they never have to help him out when he needs it? It's a team sport, not a "climb on the goalie's back and let him take us to victory" exercise.

And ever noticed that it's never the other way around? If we win, it's because our team earned it, not because the other goalie lost it for his team. When we won game 2 4-1 was it because our team dominated them all night and controlled the game from start to finish, or just because Hiller didn't make the saves his team really needed him to? I think we both know the answer, so why blame Lack when his team got owned all night...again?

ONE of those goals he should have had. One. And how many mistakes did everyone else make? That's not Lack losing the game for us, especially since we lost by more than that 1 goal. Even still, we were not facing an insurmountable deficient last night. We had plenty of time if only we could have found a way to break through the cluster in front their net. I guess that failure is Lack's fault too?

Just like the SCF, a team that can not score can NOT win. As much as we might wish it, neither of our goalies has been exposed to gamma rays in space that has supercharged them, making them capable of becoming the goalie who can finally win a series with a perfect SV%. So it's best to deal with the reality: That you win or lose as a team. Only rarely does a single player win the game for the team. It's not a good long-term plan for success.

Yes, he is part of the team, not the entire team. So, why is it that we expect our goalies to work harder and better to make up for the mistakes of the entire rest of the team all the time but then act like it's an unrealistic burden for the team to have to make up for one of the goalie's mistakes once in a while? Why is it they "have to make some saves when your team needs it" but they never have to help him out when he needs it? It's a team sport, not a "climb on the goalie's back and let him take us to victory" exercise.

And ever noticed that it's never the other way around? If we win, it's because our team earned it, not because the other goalie lost it for his team. When we won game 2 4-1 was it because our team dominated them all night and controlled the game from start to finish, or just because Hiller didn't make the saves his team really needed him to? I think we both know the answer, so why blame Lack when his team got owned all night...again?

ONE of those goals he should have had. One. And how many mistakes did everyone else make? That's not Lack losing the game for us, especially since we lost by more than that 1 goal. Even still, we were not facing an insurmountable deficient last night. We had plenty of time if only we could have found a way to break through the cluster in front their net. I guess that failure is Lack's fault too?

Just like the SCF, a team that can not score can NOT win. As much as we might wish it, neither of our goalies has been exposed to gamma rays in space that has supercharged them, making them capable of becoming the goalie who can finally win a series with a perfect SV%. So it's best to deal with the reality: That you win or lose as a team. Only rarely does a single player win the game for the team. It's not a good long-term plan for success.

Why is that when the goalie sucks people blame the team?

It's a circular argument.

Right now, the team is losing with Lack in net. Blame whomever you want. I blame the goalie, you blame the forwards.

Why is that when the goalie sucks people blame the team?

It's a circular argument.

Right now, the team is losing with Lack in net. Blame whomever you want. I blame the goalie, you blame the forwards.

No one is blaming the team if the goalie sucks, but Lack did not suck. He allowed 1 weak goal. The team scored only 1 goal but had a huge part in allowing 2 more. That is not a goalie costing us the game.

It's not a circular argument unless you can only see circular logic always feeding back in on itself rather than linear facts taken from the entire context of the game. The goalie always has his share of the blame for his part. If, for example, the goalie let in multiple weak goals or let in a weak goal that ended up being the game winner in the dying moments of the game then of course those are on him. The reverse is true as well. Just because a particular goalie is in net when we win a game doesn't mean he won us that game either. It's not a dial to flip between "blame the goalie" and "praise the goalie". It's all about the context.

Last night Lack allowed 1 weak goal. He gets the blame for that. But, the other 2 weren't on him. They were on the team so why should Lack get all of the blame for the loss? And, scoring isn't the goalie's domain ever. So, who's fault is it that we scored only 1 goal in a playoff game and had only 3 shots in the entire second period despite already knowing that we were down and how many we needed to score to win? There have already been 5 playoff games that have ended with a score of 3-4 (or higher), so that's hardly too much to ask. That's how teams win, not by demanding their goalie never allow more than 1-2 goals in any game. They win by scoring more when they need to. We don't seem to be able to do that and that's why we didn't win the Cup, that's why we've been dumped out of the first round since then and that's why we lost last night. And if you still think it's all the goalie's fault, you're just stuck in your "blame the goalie" wheel.

No one is blaming the team if the goalie sucks, but Lack did not suck. He allowed 1 weak goal. The team scored only 1 goal but had a huge part in allowing 2 more. That is not a goalie costing us the game.

It's not a circular argument unless you can only see circular logic always feeding back in on itself rather than linear facts taken from the entire context of the game. The goalie always has his share of the blame for his part. If, for example, the goalie let in multiple weak goals or let in a weak goal that ended up being the game winner in the dying moments of the game then of course those are on him. The reverse is true as well. Just because a particular goalie is in net when we win a game doesn't mean he won us that game either. It's not a dial to flip between "blame the goalie" and "praise the goalie". It's all about the context.

Last night Lack allowed 1 weak goal. He gets the blame for that. But, the other 2 weren't on him. They were on the team so why should Lack get all of the blame for the loss? And, scoring isn't the goalie's domain ever. So, who's fault is it that we scored only 1 goal in a playoff game and had only 3 shots in the entire second period despite already knowing that we were down and how many we needed to score to win? There have already been 5 playoff games that have ended with a score of 3-4 (or higher), so that's hardly too much to ask. That's how teams win, not by demanding their goalie never allow more than 1-2 goals in any game. They win by scoring more when they need to. We don't seem to be able to do that and that's why we didn't win the Cup, that's why we've been dumped out of the first round since then and that's why we lost last night. And if you still think it's all the goalie's fault, you're just stuck in your "blame the goalie" wheel.

He wasn't ready for playoff hockey. He got his playoff experience. I hope he learned from it. Hopefully Miller can help this team recover from mediocre goal tending in time to save this round but I think that is asking for a miracle.

He wasn't ready for playoff hockey. He got his playoff experience. I hope he learned from it. Hopefully Miller can help this team recover from mediocre goal tending.

I would agree that Lack was nowhere near ready last game...although,his solid play down the stretch got us in the playoffs..so kudos to him...Anybody think that Lack could be the guy that gets moved this summer...?,he does have trade value.

Definitely Miller next game. Yes, yes, he hasn't played in a while, but it's impossible to be confident in your goaltender when he's let in 2 goals on 3 shots/3 goals on 7 shots or whatever the stats were. Much like how we put Schneider in for Luongo a few years ago... There was just zero confidence in Lou making any sort of saves in the Madhouse.

The team looked like they settled down when Miller went in.

THIS is the challenge RM wanted(PO-desperation with a team totally needing him, possibly redeeming his lousy stint in StL). This is why JB signed him to 18 mill.

IF he pulls a rabbit out of hisarse..we're all golden, & every contract(even Sbisa!:^) is suddenly a gift from the Gawds! Seriously JB would be able to come out of hiding, with confidence.

Just a nice little 3 game-run, & we're all back to unicorns & rainbows...

He wasn't ready for playoff hockey. He got his playoff experience. I hope he learned from it. Hopefully Miller can help this team recover from mediocre goal tending in time to save this round but I think that is asking for a miracle.

The goaltending change won't make a bit of difference if the team doesn't address what they did wrong. Just blaming and changing the goalie has not worked in the past and will not work now. If the team can do their part and Miller can do his, we stand a chance. If not, we're done. Again.

The goaltending change won't make a bit of difference if the team doesn't address what they did wrong. Just blaming and changing the goalie has not worked in the past and will not work now. If the team can do their part and Miller can do his, we stand a chance. If not, we're done. Again.

The thing they did wrong was start a rookie goalie in the highest pressure situation possible and expect to win. I have lost faith in Lack as a long term solution in net. Thank goodness once Miller's time is over in Vancouver, we won't need Lack anymore as one of the goalies in the pipeline will hopefully be ready to step in.

Could it be that Miller has more clout with the refs ???

Being sarcastic now in case u missed it.The refs have missed all the shyte that calgary has pulled so far.

The reffing has been fairly consistent about missed calls all series long. I think they call it "letting them play"

Archived