The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Miller time

canuckster19

The team loses and the goalie gets the blame? Must be game day in Vancouver...

Agreed. While a goalie change may serve a short psychological benefit to the team, I don't think Miller is that much of an upgrade on Lack right now. Even if the Canucks come back in this series, it will be due to an improvement in lots of areas; offense, defence, passion, toughness etc. Not sure it will be due to Miller.

The team loses and the goalie gets the blame? Must be game day in Vancouver...

Agreed. While a goalie change may serve a short psychological benefit to the team, I don't think Miller is that much of an upgrade on Lack right now. Even if the Canucks come back in this series, it will be due to an improvement in lots of areas; offense, defence, passion, toughness etc. Not sure it will be due to Miller.

Pretty much. Lack's had very little support in front of him in Calgary.

Putting Miller in (which is the right thing to do now) may give the team a short term shot in the arm but there's going to have to be a LOT of improvements in MANY areas if this team has any hope of taking this to 7 never mind going any further than that.

Pretty much. Lack's had very little support in front of him in Calgary.

Putting Miller in (which is the right thing to do now) may give the team a short term shot in the arm but there's going to have to be a LOT of improvements in MANY areas if this team has any hope of taking this to 7 never mind going any further than that.

Exactly. The goalie change was a good call, but it wasn't an indication that the score was Lack's fault. Our problems are defensive breakdowns and, most significantly, our inability to break through their defense to get shots and rebounds. Just like in previous playoffs, it's foolhardy to blame the goalie when the team can't score.

Eddie was not on his game yesterday and put us in a hole early, I love the kid but he was a big part of the loss yesterday.

I think it was the second goal (?) was really the only one he should have probably had (whichever one he lost the net on). The other two he had no chance on. So we maybe lose 2-1 instead if Miller was in net. Great :rolleyes:

Canucks play a completely different game when Miller is in the net. They have said it all year, Miller brings calmness from the back end, Lack didn’t. When Lack was in net, every shot from the point he was coin toss if it would go in or not (game 1, It cost the team, game 3 and 4 were also weak performance from a playoff standard). If Lack move out to the top of his crease like he should be most of those shots don't go in. Good goalies come up with that big save, Lack didn’t provide it.

For Canucks to come back and win this series Miller will need to steal one game, That game is game 6 back in Calgary.

Eddie was not on his game yesterday and put us in a hole early, I love the kid but he was a big part of the loss yesterday.

As J.R. said:

I think it was the second goal (?) was really the only one he should have probably had (whichever one he lost the net on). The other two he had no chance on. So we maybe lose 2-1 instead if Miller was in net. Great :rolleyes:

The team lost. Lack didn't lose the game for them.

And Lack is part of that team.

Lack stunk it up. You have to have to have to make some saves when your team needs it; even if they suck in front of you.

One moderately questionable goal behind a Chinese fire drill = "stunk it up"....uh-huh.

One moderately questionable goal behind a Chinese fire drill = "stunk it up"....uh-huh.

And four goals against the previous game.

I get it, he's a fan favourite and can do no wrong but the playoffs can be won with a hot goalie. Lack has been luke warm at best.

Starting Lack last night was a gamble that didn't pay off. Can't fault Willie for being loyal but it hasn't worked out for him or the team.

And four goals against the previous game.

I get it, he's a fan favourite but the playoffs can be won with a hot goalie. Lack has been luke warm at best.

And how many of those four were Lacks fault?

Hey I'm all for playing Miller next game as this team needs SOMETHING to kick start them if they're going to have ANY hope of coming back. But very little of this mess is at Lack's feet. You guys claiming otherwise are delusional.

Just like the people whining about the Sedins in the other thread. They're not the problem either.

Hey I'm all for playing Miller next game as this team needs SOMETHING to kick start them if they're going to have ANY hope of coming back. But very little of this mess is at Lack's feet. You guys claiming otherwise are delusional.

Just like the people whining about the Sedins in the other thread. They're not the problem either.

I can't picture them in my head but it's a saw off really. I blame Lack for most of them, you blame the players in front. I realize it's a combination of both to various degrees but in the playoffs you need superior goaltending and Lack wasn't delivering.

It's a moot point going forward but Lack's performance doesn't give me hope for the future. Average goaltending won't get you anywhere.

This is his first playoff series. Give him a break.

If he wants to be a #1 he will certainly need to improve his playoff poise. But for now, don't forget he was considered the backup.

I love Lack, but Miller needs to start the next game.

It’s definitely not Lacks fault we are in this spot. The blame doesn’t solely get put on Lack. But one thing you are missing is confidence and momentum within hockey game. These are two things that Lack’s play has the ability to swing one way or the other. Game one if Lack doesn’t let in the Russell point shot and Canucks go into overtime the series is completely different. Last night, Canucks just tied the hockey game on a PP, had the momentum and then Lack lets in a softie 1 minute later. It completely killed the canucks. Sure it would be nice if the Canucks could bail out a weak goal once in a while but in the playoffs when everything is so tight you just don’t have the opportunity for mistakes. A two goal deficit in the playoffs is not the same as a 2 goal deficit in regular season.

Lack isn’t the reason canucks have lost, but he’s also been the reason we haven’t won. In a tight playoff match up your goalies needs to be your best player. Lack hasn’t been. Luckily there is still hope. If Miller is a 100%. Canucks can regain their confidence and play like the better team that they really are. An early lead in game 5, followed by a win, could create a snowball effect that could be too much for the flames to handle. This series is far from over, we just need our goalie to provide some confidence on the back end.

Archived