The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Switching Jerseys/Logos Poll

Kanucklehead10

Which logo would you prefer?  

228 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You must really hate the Blackhawks logo. Could likely toss in the Wild, Preds, Sens, Panthers, Coyotes, and Sharks as far too detailed as well. Maybe even the Avs and Jackets. Some like boring logos. I don't really find the Orca logo all that detailed or complex.

It is a great logo!

You must really hate the Blackhawks logo. Could likely toss in the Wild, Preds, Sens, Panthers, Coyotes, and Sharks as far too detailed as well. Maybe even the Avs and Jackets. Some like boring logos. I don't really find the Orca logo all that detailed or complex.

No, I don't hate all of those logos. But they certainly aren't as good as some of the simple logos.

I don't really understand your hatred of "boring" logos. I don't know what makes a logo "boring". Personally, when I'm feeling bored I don't just sit down and stair at sports logos for entertainment.

Awwww! :bigblush: The beauty of Vancouver and BC sunset yellow!!

canucks_yellowjersey.jpg0103-johnelbertson-van.png?__SQUARESPACE

alumni.jpg

vancouver-sunset-august-2004.jpg

british_columbia_flag.png

Sorry, but the yellow is just plain ugly. BC's sunsets are no more remarkable than the sunsets anywhere else. It sounds like you're just trying to look for a local reason to justify that ugly colour, which was only chosen to make the team look "more aggressive", which it succeeded in to a degree because it hurts everyone's eyes.

We do however have an abundance in natural beauty in the form of our majestic mountains, vast forests and beautiful oceans, which fits perfectly with our colours of blue, green and white. That's the reason the Canucks chose those colours in the first place, as nothing fits beautiful BC more.

No, I don't hate all of those logos. But they certainly aren't as good as some of the simple logos.

I don't really understand your hatred of "boring" logos. I don't know what makes a logo "boring". Personally, when I'm feeling bored I don't just sit down and stair at sports logos for entertainment.

Sorry, but the yellow is just plain ugly. BC's sunsets are no more remarkable than the sunsets anywhere else. Its sounds like you're just trying to look for a local reason to justify that ugly colour, which was only chosen to make the team look "more aggressive", which it succeeded in to a degree because it hurts everyone's eyes.

We do however have an abundance in natural beauty in the form of our majestic mountains, vast forests and beautiful oceans, which fits perfectly with our colours of blue, green and white. That's the reason the Canucks chose those colours in the first place, as nothing fits beautiful BC more.

yellow is ugly, flat out terrible. and the fact its like a Sunset?! geez... sunset, downward skate.... talk about negativity.

Sorry, but the yellow is just plain ugly. BC's sunsets are no more remarkable than the sunsets anywhere else. Its sounds like you're just trying to look for a local reason to justify that ugly colour, which was only chosen to make the team look "more aggressive", which it succeeded in to a degree because it hurts everyone's eyes.

Bitter Melon, we are going to have to agree to disagree on yellow. It's an ugly colour in your eyes as much as I see it as a beautiful and bold colour, depending on the shade. I've always loved yellow even before the Canucks made their '78 uniform change. It complements black naturally like white complements red or blue. The Kings looked great in it. The NBA Lakers have a classic. Team Sweden has it. Brazil's national soccer team wears it.

Yes, you are correct about my local justification of the colour. Just like Baggins' justification of the Orca symbolizing our west coast when, really, it was Orca Bay that shoved their corporate brand on the Canucks' identity. I know all about that so-called psychologist and his advice to the Canucks to change their BC-themed colours which I also love.

Anyway, we'll agree that we differ in our views on yellow/gold but we can both agree on the beauty of our original/current colours and that the Orca has to go. Stick 'n Rink or Johnny Canuck as the primary crest.

Cheers. :)

Bitter Melon, we are going to have to agree to disagree on yellow. It's an ugly colour in your eyes as much as I see it as a beautiful and bold colour, depending on the shade. I've always loved yellow even before the Canucks made their '78 uniform change. It complements black naturally like white complements red or blue. The Kings looked great in it. The NBA Lakers have a classic. Team Sweden has it. Brazil's national soccer team wears it.

Yes, you are correct about my local justification of the colour. Just like Baggins' justification of the Orca symbolizing our west coast when, really, it was Orca Bay that shoved their corporate brand on the Canucks' identity. I know all about that so-called psychologist and his advice to the Canucks to change their BC-themed colours which I also love.

Anyway, we'll agree that we differ in our views on yellow/gold but we can both agree on the beauty of our original/current colours and that the Orca has to go. Stick 'n Rink or Johnny Canuck as the primary crest.

Cheers. :)

I like Yellow, and those Kings jerseys were truly works of beauty. The only problem was that the design of our flying V's and puke yellow skate jerseys were horrible, and it looked hideous. Plus I feel green and blue better resembles the Canucks then the yellow, orange, and red did. The 94 jerseys though were amazing.

Blue Millionaires :frantic:

everyone seems to reject the fact that the millionaires have nothing to do with the canucks franchise except the fact that they made Vancouver their home.

They're different teams! Why would we wear another teams jersey...?

Well I don't know about you, but I prefer to actually like what I'm wearing.

Never bought anything with stinkin' rink.

Never bought flyin' V.

Never bought spaghetti skate.

While those were in use I only bought hats and T's with Vancouver Canucks or just Canucks on them. When the Orca came out I bought my first Canucks jersey since they joined the NHL. I only buy what I like.

Just like Baggins' justification of the Orca symbolizing our west coast when, really, it was Orca Bay that shoved their corporate brand on the Canucks' identity.

You can ignore Quinns involvement and explanation of the choice all you want. It won't change the truth of the matter. Even if it was "shoved" on the Canucks identity, as you prefer, it's still a great representation of where the team plays. Imo the best looking logo we've ever had.

If we do switch to the green JC and Stinkin rink as our jerseys it will certainly save me some money. I won't buy ugly or boring.

Archived