The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Renown Journalist Seymour Hersh Alleges Bin Laden Death Coverup

DonLever

I don't know what this is about but planes are made out of carbon fibre which when ignited burns at over 3000 degrees pretty sure thats enough to melt anything.

The first commercial plane made from carbon fiber was built in 2011. The carbon fiber fuselage would have disintegrated upon impact leaving literally nothing to burn said beams.

Whistle blowers like Snowdon? I admire what the guy did, but the US government has pretty much destroyed his life and I doubt that you'll see too many people so altruistic that they'd sacrifice what he did.

I think most people realize that Iraq was a fustercluck from the get go and hopefully will view the "official" story from guys like Rumsfeld and Dubya with a more jaundiced eye in the future.

I think a big part of the problem is that there are in my mind, legitimate threats out there. Separating the justified battles from the unjustified ones is the trick. As you say, we need everyone to be involved in the process and we need to call BS on situations where it exists, instead of letting ourselves be cowed by buzzwords like Jihadist and terrorism.

Truth right here.

Snowden is a media puppet imho. Allowed to say a few things to satiate the public. Embassy wire taps and leaked documents are easily declassified and changed to reveal lesser truths. We need more heads of state and massive corps and covert military operations to come forward. I would love to see and hear some real evidence.

Who cares? As long as he's dead it doesn't matter how they did it

I agree.

I think that there are a lot of conspiracy theorists out there who think the US government lied aboiut killing him, mainly because of the way they immediately "got rid of" the evidence.

I understand the skepticism, but in this case, I think it's probably unfounded. The simple question people should ask is, if OBL were still alive, why would he not release a video showing the US story to be a lie? It seems like an ideal opportunity to embarrass the enemy.

Far too much time has passed without any communication form Bin Laden for him to be alive, IMO.

There is a possibility that the Americans are taking credit where it is not deserved, however. Leading up to the mission in Abbottabad, there were several stories, speculating that OBL had dies of natural causes. It's within the realm of possibility that the US received reliable intelligence confirming his death and decided to take credit.

However, this would seem to be a gamble as well, since the possibility still exists that OBL's body could have been shown on video, disproving the official story from the Americans.

Either way, dead is dead and like you, I think the world is a better place without Osama bin Laden in it.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/world/osama-bin-laden-is-here/

More and more people are coming forward with support or corroboration for parts of Hersh's story. I think that the controversial elements of Hersh''s allegations are going to prevent people with influence, congressmen in particular, from coming out in support until there is more clarity on this issue. Nobody is going to risk their neck at this point, not when things are still up in the air. It could take a couple months yet. All the same, as someone who pays close attention to military/intelligence matters, there is the ring of truth to many elements of Hersh's story.

Not to mention, the fervent denials and just as importantly WHO is doing the denying, well, methinks they doth protest TOO much. The rush to judgment by those with the most to lose if this continues to play out is something in and of itself. So, it might take a couple of months but this could go two ways. It's discredited with actual facts as opposed to rhetoric and messenger-shooting, and it goes away, or enough of it gets support and confirmation that the administration's foes are willing to stick their necks out and demand some answers.

If that happens, this could be to Obama what Iran-Contra was to Reagan/Bush I, or Watergate was to Nixon. It could be a very big deal, and it could happen just as the lead-up to 2016 gets started. It could be a very, very big deal.

Who cares? As long as he's dead it doesn't matter how they did it

You don't get it, do you?

If they are lying about something that seems straight forward like the killing of Bin Laden, what else are they lying about?

Its a matter of trust. How can you trust a government that lies?

Actually it is the conspiracy theorists who are lazy. Oh sure, a few go out and do some leg work and heavy lifting but most just sit right where we are right now consuming the endless stream of media that is the conspiracy theory machine. "investigating for yourself" Dont make me laugh.

What makes me laugh is your so-called rebuttal is nothing more than hurling labels and unsults haha!

fits perfectly with a recent scientific study that noted conventionalists are known to take more of a hostile tone in discussions, and:

"In accordance with our hypotheses, we found that conspiracist commenters were more likely to argue against the opposing interpretation and less likely to argue in favor of their own interpretation, while the opposite was true of conventionalist commenters. However, conspiracist comments were more likely to explicitly put forward an account than conventionalist comments were."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23847577

Here is a great, fascinating video by licenses clinical psychologists regarding 9/11 for example. You could learn something from these SME's instead of just hurling labels, insults and nonsense.

RIP renown journalist Seymour Hersh.

Also did the US tell Al Qaeda to acknowledge Bin Laden's death too? His own group acknowledged that he was killed. Don't know what else the conspiracy theorists need.

Also did the US tell Al Qaeda to acknowledge Bin Laden's death too? His own group acknowledged that he was killed. Don't know what else the conspiracy theorists need.

So we're talking 2001 then?

Only The Pakistan Observer went further, with a front-page report under an Islamabad dateline that quoted an unnamed Taliban leader as saying that Mr. bin Laden "had a peaceful natural death in mid-December in the vicinity" of the Tora Bora mountains. The report said that his death was the result of a "serious lung complication."

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/26/international/asia/26LADE.html

18033119332_a6e9e306d5_z.jpg

Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Osama Bin Laden appears to be dead but his colleagues have decided that Al Qaida and its insurgency campaign against the United States will continue, Israeli intelligence sources said...The sources said Al Qaida has already determined Bin Laden's heir. They said the heir has not been identified, but is probably not Bin Laden's son, Saad. Saad is said to be in his 20s and ranked within the top 20 members of Al Qaida.

http://web.archive.org/web/20021205223313/http://216.26.163.62/2002/me_terrorism_10_16.html

Archived