The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 16 Thread

Zfetch

My cousin works at ea so I get it for a mere $20

You should punch him in the back of the head and tell him his company needs to get its collective shiza together lol. Semi serious.

What can happen when people will still buy their game? If majority of consumers would not buy NHL 16, I'm sure they'd realize they can't keep putting out crap products and will actually try to improve their game. Until then, nothing about this series will change. Cash grab for EA.

Probably true but unfortunately we're a bunch of suckers. I want the shiny new POS, not the old POS.

You should punch him in the back of the head and tell him his company needs to get its collective shiza together lol. Semi serious.

The guy I know at EA in the NHL division, he says the devs are all lazy and always try to work-around everything. He told them a ton about how much back lash they were going to get in NHL 15 for missing so many features and they didn't care.

Having the same dev team work on a series for so long is detrimental to the ongoing success and life of the franchise. They should move it.

The guy I know at EA in the NHL division, he says the devs are all lazy and always try to work-around everything. He told them a ton about how much back lash they were going to get in NHL 15 for missing so many features and they didn't care.

and this is why EA sports will eventually lose there NHL franchise to 2k, because they simple don't give to craps about their game, it's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

There is ABSOLUTELY NO excuse not to have tip top modes this year. I actually get it, in what happened last year. They moved to a New generation of console, and were still figuring out exactly the capabilities, and what they could do. They focused heavily on gameplay and graphics, which weren't bad. But fine, they say, they just didn't have the time and resources to get everything in but the solid gameplay and graphics. Fine.

However, this year you have NO excuse EA. The fans have spoken, and they want game modes. This year, you could literally take the exact game play, fix some bugs, make it smoother, and then you should spend at least 75 percent of your time on Game modes. It's not even like, you're in some broke down studio with no funds, and no partners. You're EA! You have the madden studio, the fifa studio, even the old NCAA, NBA live studios. Hell, go to the Saints Row studio if you want. Just do something. It should be super easy to simply, go to those studios, see what works in their game modes, and look at their fans and see what they think works well. Then you take them, modify them slightly, and bring them to your own studio and bring them into the game. it shouldn't be that difficult.

When I play NBA 2k, I am constantly blown away, year after year, at the detail they put in for each and every game mode. The thing is, all you gotta do, is devote one year to a full overhaul on your game modes. Then you can go back to your method of barely, if at all, improving them year after year. You ALREADY HAVE THE GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY.

This year's time and funds should be spent like this.

5% improve graphics. (they need that selling point to get casual fans.)

10% fixing bugs (mainly focus on bugs, trying to eliminate those glitch/always goal spots.)

10% Improve gameplay (Things like seemless puck pickups, and making the game overall smoother)

75% GAME MODES (Yeah, casual fans will play versus and be blown away. But the rest of us, need more. And I don't mean, "Oh we added a few more features to HUT." I'm talking Be a GM, Be a Pro, EASHL, add an all star draft game mode, which can also be put into Be a GM, maybe a street hockey mode like NBA blacktop, etc.)

Lol, 2k is so ahead of you when it comes to the game modes that they have 2 different types of Be a GM modes. (One is like the be a GM we love, and the other is being an owner and dealing with ticket prices, maintaining players happiness in your franchise, scheduling practice etc.) Both modes are far better than what you have already. They go so detailed that they even track player injury. So like a person like Derrick Rose, who has had major knee injuries, is far more susceptible to knee injuries, and his stats don't increase as much especially when it comes to things like speed, quickness etc, which caused me to make him work more on his shooting so he could be a perimeter.. I even had Derrick Rose retire early after spending years coming off the bench in a playthrough because his knees just couldn't keep up. Also, with a top 5 pick I had the option of taking the player who was the clear consensus first overall talent, however, he showed he had major back, moderate ankle injuries, and a minor shoulder injury. All this was found in the scouting report during the draft because I had excellent scouts for prospects. (You know I'm a CDCer) I drafted him 5th overall being best player available, and because of his injuries, he couldn't play in the league in any significant way, and I had to release him after a couple of years. That is detail. EA take notes. They have things like fatigue, so if you play certain players, especially old players, high amounts of minutes, and have them practicing a lot without many days off, then they get fatigued and start to do worse. That is detail. Most importantly, they allow you to customize EVERYTHING. For example, if you want players out of the draft to come out as 70 overall and lower, you can do that, if you want them to come out 90 overall, you can do that. If you want the league to be more active in trading players, you can turn that up, and vice versa. They even have a second slider for how often you want there to be "blockbuster trades" rather than normal trades.

Don't even get me started with Be a Pro. it's a straight joke compared to NBA. EA, please, you're the only legitimate hockey game we've got. (And hence lies the problem. They got too comfortable. Back when there was an nhl 2k, they actually cared, and came up with great gamechanging ideas, like the skillstick.) EA, take notes, stop being lazy, and give your paying fans the game they want. I would love nothing more than for 2k to come back, make an NHL game even half right, and have EA realize they have to do more.

2k should get the khl rights. Or echl, junior a, junior b, hell or even roller hockey (voodoos). They can even make teams and players up. Make it like NBA series and I'd buy it over ea. In the process they'd show ea how to make a hockey video game.

Edit*

Nvm just looked up ea doesn't exclusive rights. 2k just stopped making their versions due to budget cuts

do you have any idea of how much $ goes into it?

If 2K was ever going to get back into the NHL series, this would have been the year to do it. I'm sure a lot of people would be switching over just to send a message to EA.

All 2K would have to do is have an average game this year, with the promise of a better game for 2K17 and I think a lot of people would stick. If they could do that, EA would definitely have their hands full.

If anything 2k did right was the in-game features. People look at graphics and game play. Game play is obviously important, but for EA I think it becomes stale after awhile. 2k would have improved on that and their in-game features. I would totally be down for them coming back and trying it out.

NHL 16 - Arena Atmosphere:

image.img.jpg

Building off last year’s best-in-class Authentic Arenas, Distinct Team Arena Atmosphere in NHL 16 captures signature effects and props that are synonymous with arenas from around the league.

Check out the four new screenshots. Scroll below for previously revealed images (separated by division) and stay tuned for more in the coming weeks!

Tampa Bay Lightning – Amalie Arena

image_10.img.jpg

The lightning-throwing Tesla coils will now be seen and heard at the home of the Eastern Conference Champions after every home goal & victory.

Pittsburgh Penguins – CONSOL Energy Center

image_8.img.jpg

Home and away benches have been updated to ensure that players are situated on the correct side of the ice.

Nashville Predators – Bridgestone Arena

image_9.img.jpg

At the start of home games, the intimidating symbol of the Nashville Predators will be lifted to the rafters as Doc Emrick and Eddie Olczyk welcome you to the broadcast.

Carolina Hurricanes – PNC Arena

image_7.img.jpg

This 18,680 seat arena is located in Raleigh, North Carolina. It hosted North Carolina’s first ever professional sports championship when the Carolina Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup in 2006. That Stanley Cup banner, along with retired player numbers from this franchise can be seen hanging from the rafters of PNC Arena.

https://www.easports...rena-atmosphere

There is ABSOLUTELY NO excuse not to have tip top modes this year. I actually get it, in what happened last year. They moved to a New generation of console, and were still figuring out exactly the capabilities, and what they could do. They focused heavily on gameplay and graphics, which weren't bad. But fine, they say, they just didn't have the time and resources to get everything in but the solid gameplay and graphics. Fine.

However, this year you have NO excuse EA. The fans have spoken, and they want game modes. This year, you could literally take the exact game play, fix some bugs, make it smoother, and then you should spend at least 75 percent of your time on Game modes. It's not even like, you're in some broke down studio with no funds, and no partners. You're EA! You have the madden studio, the fifa studio, even the old NCAA, NBA live studios. Hell, go to the Saints Row studio if you want. Just do something. It should be super easy to simply, go to those studios, see what works in their game modes, and look at their fans and see what they think works well. Then you take them, modify them slightly, and bring them to your own studio and bring them into the game. it shouldn't be that difficult.

When I play NBA 2k, I am constantly blown away, year after year, at the detail they put in for each and every game mode. The thing is, all you gotta do, is devote one year to a full overhaul on your game modes. Then you can go back to your method of barely, if at all, improving them year after year. You ALREADY HAVE THE GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY.

This year's time and funds should be spent like this.

5% improve graphics. (they need that selling point to get casual fans.)

10% fixing bugs (mainly focus on bugs, trying to eliminate those glitch/always goal spots.)

10% Improve gameplay (Things like seemless puck pickups, and making the game overall smoother)

75% GAME MODES (Yeah, casual fans will play versus and be blown away. But the rest of us, need more. And I don't mean, "Oh we added a few more features to HUT." I'm talking Be a GM, Be a Pro, EASHL, add an all star draft game mode, which can also be put into Be a GM, maybe a street hockey mode like NBA blacktop, etc.)

Lol, 2k is so ahead of you when it comes to the game modes that they have 2 different types of Be a GM modes. (One is like the be a GM we love, and the other is being an owner and dealing with ticket prices, maintaining players happiness in your franchise, scheduling practice etc.) Both modes are far better than what you have already. They go so detailed that they even track player injury. So like a person like Derrick Rose, who has had major knee injuries, is far more susceptible to knee injuries, and his stats don't increase as much especially when it comes to things like speed, quickness etc, which caused me to make him work more on his shooting so he could be a perimeter.. I even had Derrick Rose retire early after spending years coming off the bench in a playthrough because his knees just couldn't keep up. Also, with a top 5 pick I had the option of taking the player who was the clear consensus first overall talent, however, he showed he had major back, moderate ankle injuries, and a minor shoulder injury. All this was found in the scouting report during the draft because I had excellent scouts for prospects. (You know I'm a CDCer) I drafted him 5th overall being best player available, and because of his injuries, he couldn't play in the league in any significant way, and I had to release him after a couple of years. That is detail. EA take notes. They have things like fatigue, so if you play certain players, especially old players, high amounts of minutes, and have them practicing a lot without many days off, then they get fatigued and start to do worse. That is detail. Most importantly, they allow you to customize EVERYTHING. For example, if you want players out of the draft to come out as 70 overall and lower, you can do that, if you want them to come out 90 overall, you can do that. If you want the league to be more active in trading players, you can turn that up, and vice versa. They even have a second slider for how often you want there to be "blockbuster trades" rather than normal trades.

Don't even get me started with Be a Pro. it's a straight joke compared to NBA. EA, please, you're the only legitimate hockey game we've got. (And hence lies the problem. They got too comfortable. Back when there was an nhl 2k, they actually cared, and came up with great gamechanging ideas, like the skillstick.) EA, take notes, stop being lazy, and give your paying fans the game they want. I would love nothing more than for 2k to come back, make an NHL game even half right, and have EA realize they have to do more.

Do play NBA on PS4/XBOX1 or PS3/360?

Just wondering.

NHL 16 - Arena Atmosphere:

image.img.jpg

Building off last year’s best-in-class Authentic Arenas, Distinct Team Arena Atmosphere in NHL 16 captures signature effects and props that are synonymous with arenas from around the league.

Check out the four new screenshots. Scroll below for previously revealed images (separated by division) and stay tuned for more in the coming weeks!

Buffalo Sabres – First Niagara Center

image_12.img.jpg

The scoreboard at the First Niagara Center will now shoot smoke from the Sabres’ logo after the home team scores or wins a game. With a revamped roster, the Sabres will look to light the lamp a bit more in the upcoming season after finishing last in ‘Goals For’ in 2014-15.

Columbus Blue Jackets – Nationwide Arena

image_11.img.jpg

The handcrafted Blue Jackets goal cannon makes its debut in NHL 16! When the puck goes into the visiting team's net, get ready to hear the BOOM as the cannon will go off followed by smoke exiting its full-scale barrel.

San Jose Sharks – SAP Center at San Jose

image_14.img.jpg

Visiting teams will never feel safe at the SAP Center at San Jose. At the start of each home game, the menacing shark head of San Jose will raise to the rafters and will exhale smoke after each home team goal and victory. When the Sharks go onto the power play, home fans will also engage in the popular Shark Chomp as the team gets ready to play with the man advantage.

Winnipeg Jets – MTS Centre

image_13.img.jpg

After waiting 19 years for playoff hockey, the Jets returned to the postseason in 2015 along with the traditional Winnipeg Whiteout. Witness the whiteout in NHL 16 for every home playoff game at the MTS Centre.

https://www.easports...rena-atmosphere

The arena atmospheres are a nice touch. Obviously, the hockey fans will want them to work on gameplay more than anything, but adding these other things will likely make the game more attractive to new audiences.

Considering NHL is like the lowest selling game of the EA Sports games, making the presentation better will probably improve that a little.

Archived