The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van- Philly

What area does Philly have depth in? Forwards. Where are they weakest?Goaltending and Defence.

Canucks have some great goaltending depth and could use a legit top 6 LW, no offence to Higgins. J.B. would also like to move up in the upcoming entry draft. so...

TO PHILLY:

LACK

BIEKSA

CORRADO

TO VANCITY:

B.SCHENN

2015 1ST(7th overall)

with the 7th overall the Canucks grab Provorov.

New look lines:

SEDIN SEDIN KASSIAN

SCHENN HORVAT VIRTANEN

BURROWS BONINO VRBATA

HANSEN VEY DORSETT

EDLER TANEV

HAMHUIS CLENDENNING

SBISA WEBER

Now, if Shinkurak looks like he's ready to make the team then we'll be in the positiom to deal Burrows- he'll wave to play for AV in New York and we add a prospect like Jensen for one of their top 4 d-man(Stall or Girardi), we might have to throw our 23rd overall in as well...

Higgin's will garner us no less then a high 2nd rounder and we let Richardson walk. We sign Shawn Matthias if he's willing to take 2.5 million/year, 2 years. If so he superseeds Vey.

To be honest the pieces are here we just need to interject a real top 6 forward on the left side, move Burrows to the left side, keep Horvat's minutes up and draft some seriously talented defenders and hope they can crack the lineup over the next two years. If JB could pry Pouliot out of Pittsburgh that would be massive or even pry Krug out of Boston without touching the above mentioned players we would be on our way to contending again.

Flame away...

I've said thsi before and I will say it again.

The ONLY way Philli is making a trade of that magnitude is IF someone eats the contract of MacDonald or Lecavelier. And since we'd be giving up a D man we'd have to be eating MacDonald simply so they'd have room to insert Sanheim, Morin and Gostisbehere into their line up.

Cap space for Philli is the premium bargaining chip in any trade made with them

Shinkurak

Higgin's

lul

I think the values in this trade are a bit off. Schenn's actually kinda half-decent this year. And yeah, Corrado's good, but he's not Schenn good. And even if he was, Lack + Bieksa =/= PHI 1st Rounder.

No way Philly does that deal.

I have to think a high end prospect would be part of it and they wouldn t want to miss the first round completely.

Say:

Lack

Virtanen

Our 1st

and possibly more

Add to the price, the fact that Schenn doesn't play the intense style that JB likes and I don't see anything like this ever happening.

I think he'd try to get Lucic before Schenn.

A good trading partner for Philly would probably be Winterpeg.

It's a decent initiative, but they're stuck with too much cap-baggage already(as pointed out).

Interesting how LITTLE trade history I recall between the two teams(over nearly 5 decades). Didn't we get the D, McCarthy from them, early '80s?

Wow this is off, way off.

I agree Philly and Van make good trading partners but jesus, Philly get abused in this trade and Vancouver get the 7th overall pick in this draft! I think horvat would have to be apart of a deal like this.

I agree, if you made it Horvat, Corrado and Lack, maybe then you get their first, but not Schenn and their first.

Archived