The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Overwhelmed Planet?

Nuxfanabroad

& the big debate-question of the moment seems to be: How much has anthropogenic induced climate disruption amplified(or exacerbated) these crazy storms?

Irma was clocked with 200 MPH (f'n) winds?!? Hmm...

Harvey kept in a corner like a naughty school boy?!(meandering jet stream blocking exit) Hmm...

11 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

& the big debate-question of the moment seems to be: How much has anthropogenic induced climate disruption amplified(or exacerbated) these crazy storms?

Irma was clocked with 200 MPH (f'n) winds?!? Hmm...

Harvey kept in a corner like a naughty school boy?!(meandering jet stream blocking exit) Hmm...

the question for me is how much longer are we going to delay building the massive infrastructure projects we're going to need to salvage our coastal cities, including Vancouver. The whole debate over man-made or not is irrelevant now, its here, and it was just a far-right delay tactic anyway. So now what?

Estimates to protect just part of Vancouver are at 800 million: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/protecting-false-creek-from-rising-sea-levels-will-cost-vancouver-1.3834974

9 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Irma was clocked with 200 MPH (f*cking) winds?!? Hmm...

Finally watched the geo engineering video from a page back, "Exposing the Global Climate Modification Assault". Not feeling too well about it. I hope to find some debunking to make me feel better.  At least it would confirm my tirades against the silly man made CO2 global warming bull.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the question for me is how much longer are we going to delay building the massive infrastructure projects we're going to need to salvage our coastal cities, including Vancouver. The whole debate over man-made or not is irrelevant now, its here, and it was just a far-right delay tactic anyway. So now what?

Estimates to protect just part of Vancouver are at 800 million: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/protecting-false-creek-from-rising-sea-levels-will-cost-vancouver-1.3834974

Considering Harvey will cost 180 billion for cleanup, anti flooding infrastructure investment sounds good.  

Far right delay tactic?.....lol.

Edited by clam linguine

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

They say look inwards. Perhaps take up meditation & yoga..so when SHTF, one can bend over & kiss their *ss goodbye.

I watched Carlin go on a caustic, cynical rant back in the early 90's..wondering(in my mid-20's then) how such a brilliant comedian could have turned so bitter? Later(even looking back at old vids)became aware of prophetic, dark humour from an increasingly important social critic. Believe he said, "Scratch any cynic & you'll find a disillusioned idealist."

When it's 'sandbagging cities'(or put it on stilts!), the horses have left the barn. Exxon knew..late 60's/70's? When such power knows(ignoring the fate of their own subsequent generations) & will go to such lengths to obfuscate & divide..well society will reap what we've sown.

Another fav, brilliant social expert, Lennon: "You're tryin' to save humanity, but it's people ya just can't stand!" The sharper & more influential they are, more likely to meet their fate(supposedly) from some crazed fan.

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Verhojansk, Russia(Arctic, Yakutia region) Anyone heard of it?

Just set a record on June 20th of 38 degrees C!(highest ever temp in Arctic). Also now hold the record for greatest temp-swing. -68 degrees to +37 C. In Farenheit that's -90 to +98 !!!  Imagine swinging almost 200 F between seasons!

MSM is so busy with garbage updates of what they call 'news', these important matters seem to just kinda slip by, unannounced.

Read yest the fires up there(Siberia) are already getting outa' control. Top part of the world is a blast-furnace.

All that methane up there..you'd think it's(a little) newsworthy?!?!

13 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Verhojansk, Russia(Arctic, Yakutia region) Anyone heard of it?

Just set a record on June 20th of 38 degrees C!(highest ever temp in Arctic). Also now hold the record for greatest temp-swing. -68 degrees to +37 C. In Farenheit that's -90 to +98 !!!  Imagine swinging almost 200 F between seasons!

MSM is so busy with garbage updates of what they call 'news', these important matters seem to just kinda slip by, unannounced.

Read yest the fires up there(Siberia) are already getting outa' control. Top part of the world is a blast-furnace.

All that methane up there..you'd think it's(a little) newsworthy?!?!

FWIW, I read the story about the high temperature recording in Siberia on several MSM sites.

I agree that it's important, but I disagree that the media is ignoring it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

FWIW, I read the story about the high temperature recording in Siberia on several MSM sites.

I agree that it's important, but I disagree that the media is ignoring it.

Thanks Rupert, I'd seen Twittish-quotes from eco-bigwig, McKibben & Swedish press-Princess, Thunberg. Also had seen an article from RT

In truth, I spend little time with MSM, & don't really know what they're saying anymore. To me, their societal-betrayal got to a point of no return(many yrs back), & there were too many alternate sources to gather info one desires.

5 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Thanks Rupert, I'd seen Twittish-quotes from eco-bigwig, McKibben & Swedish press-Princess, Thunberg. Also had seen an article from RT

In truth, I spend little time with MSM, & don't really know what they're saying anymore. To me, their societal-betrayal got to a point of no return(many yrs back), & there were too many alternate sources to gather info one desires.

To be clear, my guess is that many outlets ran the story because of it's oddity, rather than concern about Climate Change.

Still, it's important that people see things like this. They can deny that man is responsible for the acceleration of CC, but it's getting harder and harder for them to deny that it's happening. Now we just have to convince them that there are things we can all do to help.

• Cheers 1