The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chicago~Buff ... natural proposal

Firstly any forum board trade sections will forever be NHL video game trades, very few are actually sensible or makes sense for their clubs.

Hmm, looking back I probably should've included this quote in my reply of which the one you responded too:

Not true. Even though 90% of the CDC proposals involving the Canucks are homer trades, there are the occasional proposals that are actually balanced and make sense. I very rarely look at HFboards, but I'm guessing that even the mouth breathers over there can actually come up with decent proposals on occasion.

There was a Canucks proposal earlier today that I was going to mock, but then I gave it a minute to sink in, and realized that it was actually a fairly decent proposal.

Interesting proposal for sure. Didn't expect that trading Kane would be an option but if I'm Chicago and Buffalo offered up that deal, then I would consider it long and hard. But if I'm Buffalo, I would probably reject. Eichel has the combination of size and skill and could be as good as Toewes if not better. Much like Pavel Bure, Kane is a game breaker (probably the best one right now) and these players are very important on a contending team but at the end of the day, he is one-dimensional player and would not help a bottom feeder team like Buffalo too much by himself.

^For many people, setting proposals is a way of learning random players' precise valuations. can be sorta' educational...

Mostly see it as a way for fans(both ardent & casual) to bounce GM'ing ideas about. Some folks get a lil' worked up, in protest.

Definitely that's a positive.

Watch some of the Canucks trade threads. I have to laugh when I see a fair trade proposal from somebody and people go nuts. I'm sure it's one of the reasons why most proposals involve Canucks spare parts along with mid-round picks. Then you get people writing, "hmmm interesting proposal, or the classic standby of "I'd do that!". It's often a sure sign of a lopsided proposal. :P

Overall though I get a kick out of reading this part of the board or I'd never post in it. It's usually pretty entertaining.

Buff is getting ripped off IMO, yeh Patrick Kane is a top 5-7 player in the NHL. But Eichel is going to be a stud, and I think people are forgetting how good Ristolainen is going to be. Easily will be a top pairing defense-men. Chicago would laugh fleecing Buffalo in that trade, franchise player in Eichel and a number 1 d-man in Ristolainen. Not to mention how much cap-space they would create and would be able to use to surrond Toews/Keith/Saad/Sharp etc they would still be contenders.

Appreciate the creativity, but just know that the Blackhawks will never trade Kane during this contract. Kane, Toews and Keith are all untouchable. Bickell, Sharp, Versteeg and Crawford would all be moved first to free up the necessary cap space.

Agreed. Its actually not that bad of a trade value wise, and a very creative idea to relieve the Hawks coming cap situation. But Kane and Toews are way too important to the franchise to be moved, which is what Stan basically was saying when he signed them to those contracts. The decision was made at that moment.

If Bowman can find buyers for Crawford and Bickell this off season I'll wet myself!

Archived