The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chicago~Buff ... natural proposal

Honestly; If I am Buffalo I wanna see what I have in Eichel before I trade him.

Kane is a great player. But he is no Crosby, or Lemieux or Gretzky. Eichel is reputed to be one of those ''generational players."

I'm also not giving up on Ristolainen for a guy who has already been traded by two, or is it three teams in Rundblad?

Honestly; If I am Buffalo I wanna see what I have in Eichel before I trade him.

Kane is a great player. But he is no Crosby, or Lemieux or Gretzky. Eichel is reputed to be one of those ''generational players."

I'm also not giving up on Ristolainen for a guy who has already been traded by two, or is it three teams in Rundblad?

If Eichel turns into the level of player that Kane is Buffalo will be $&!#ting themselves

Pretty sure Chicago would rather lose a few pieces than to lose Kane, and that is why they offered to sign him at this cap hit in the first place.

Kane is a difference maker. Hes clutch, he's creative with the puck. Not to mention the most popular American player being on the team makes the team money, have you considered that?

Pat Kane , Rundblad + Bickell (16 millish, AAV?)

Buff #2 Overall(Eichel), & Ristolainen

-Chi instantly fixes cap-dilemma. Toews & Eichel to dominate at C. Risto to learn from Keith/Seab.

-Buffalo unites the 'Kane twins'. 10 mill cap isn't an issue.

Appreciate the creativity, but just know that the Blackhawks will never trade Kane during this contract. Kane, Toews and Keith are all untouchable. Bickell, Sharp, Versteeg and Crawford would all be moved first to free up the necessary cap space.

Chicago would hang up as soon as Patrick Kane was mentioned.

This.

It doesn't matter if he's getting paid $10M if he contributes on the ice as he's proven time and time again. He's not only a great regular season player, he steps it up in a big way in the playoffs and makes others around him better.

Buffalo would hang up as soon as Eichel's name is mentioned.

This.

The Sabres up and comers need time to grow with each other and build a solid young core that is still young 2-3 years from now. Eichel and Reinhart will be the engines that power the team.

This.

The Sabres up and comers need time to grow with each other and build a solid young core that is still young 2-3 years from now. Eichel and Reinhart will be the engines that power the team.

Bleh I hate people who say this kind of thing, McDavid / Eichel / Reinhart they all are great prospects but in the end everyone wishes for a player like P. Kane on their team and will the 3 mentioned be better than P. Kane ? Maybe, but there isn't many in the NHL currently that is better.

Bleh I hate people who say this kind of thing, McDavid / Eichel / Reinhart they all are great prospects but in the end everyone wishes for a player like P. Kane on their team and will the 3 mentioned be better than P. Kane ? Maybe, but there isn't many in the NHL currently that is better.

There aren't many players that can do what Eichel is doing at his age.

But has done zilch in the nhl. Kane is better and proven. For this to happen, it will purely be for cap reasons for chicago

A team makes a plan then follows it. That's what the modern day champions have done and are still doing it. You either sink or swim. If the whole bunch of blue chip prospects that the Sabres have been drafting the last 3 years turn out to be failures then the plan falls apart.

Modern hockey championship organizations have been built through the draft. You build the best young team that you can and keep stocking your prospect pool to replace the pieces that leave in free agency.

Playing CDC proposal section/NHL video game trades does not build championship teams. It builds a long-term mediocre team with a few good players that usually end up 1 and done in the playoffs. Mediocrity is not a virtue.

A team makes a plan then follows it. That's what the modern day champions have done and are still doing it. You either sink or swim. If the whole bunch of blue chip prospects that the Sabres have been drafting the last 3 years turn out to be failures then the plan falls apart.

Modern hockey championship organizations have been built through the draft. You build the best young team that you can and keep stocking your prospect pool to replace the pieces that leave in free agency.

Playing CDC proposal section/NHL video game trades does not build championship teams. It builds a long-term mediocre team with a few good players that usually end up 1 and done in the playoffs. Mediocrity is not a virtue.

Firstly any forum board trade sections will forever be NHL video game trades, very few are actually sensible or makes sense for their clubs.

Hmm, looking back I probably should've included this quote in my reply of which the one you responded too:

Buffalo would hang up as soon as Eichel's name is mentioned.

I just don't like how people cast these "generational players" with such high stock like they are in equal footing with the best in the league. I mean we've been hearing this about Edmonton's players for 5 years in a row now ;)

Anyways, Chicago won't be trading away P. Kane unless if it's a shocker deal. I'd think Sharp is moved out.

Archived