The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fallout 4

Armada

They've always sort of rotated those 2 franchises.

It's been longer since a Fallout has come out than a Elder Scrolls, so they go with Fallout. Next will be Elder Scrolls.

Here's a recent article about it: http://www.crossmap.com/news/elder-scroll-6-release-date-news-and-updates-elder-scrolls-wont-be-available-until-2019-fallout-22310

If it's going to be a 4 year gap again, I hope they do more than just give this one 2 mini expansions and a home building DLC. Not that I didn't like what they had to offer with those Skyrim add-ons, just that I hope there's more of it.

Anyone know about any Fallout 4 midnight releases?

To go back to this, just as information for the curious:

EB Games is having midnight releases for the game in all their stores.

Best Buy is having one at their Downtown, Cambie st, Richmond, and Langley stores.

The EB Games one is at 9 PM, so that's good for those that wanted to play it as early as possible.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's for PC, PS4, and XBONE all, because it doesn't specify.

Also their doing the releases of the Starcraft II expansion on PC, and Rise of the Tomb Raider on XBONE at both those stores at the same time, so I'm guessing Best Buy and EB Games decided to make a big event for all 3 of them. Fortunate for Fallout fans.

I didn't think it was happening as they were both horribly late to the show in putting up any kind of notice on their respective websites, but there you go.

That's good news.

I'm so tempted to go to a Midnight release knowing they exist, but the decision would cost me $35 considering my Amazon pre-order is just that much cheaper. 

I don't think that amount is worth half a day... But maybe it is, lol.

I'm so tempted to go to a Midnight release knowing they exist, but the decision would cost me $35 considering my Amazon pre-order is just that much cheaper. 

I don't think that amount is worth half a day... But maybe it is, lol.

I deeded that being th game for 20$ cheaper online, while being able to play it as soon as it releases was the best idea. Still kind of really want to go to my local EB games. 

People still buy physically? I have the game downloaded already and ill be playing it as soon as midnight hits. Have fun in the lines and chaos lol.

I know the "you can trade it in" debate, but lets be honest Im not trading Fallout 4 in, ever.

People still buy physically? I have the game downloaded already and ill be playing it as soon as midnight hits. Have fun in the lines and chaos lol.

I know the "you can trade it in" debate, but lets be honest Im not trading Fallout 4 in, ever.

Plus you don't have to take discs in and out of your console, which always results in them getting scratched over time

I deeded that being th game for 20$ cheaper online, while being able to play it as soon as it releases was the best idea. Still kind of really want to go to my local EB games. 

If they were going to do it, I don't see why they'd announce it at the last second, especially since it's a 9PM release. Everyone has probably already made up their minds as to how to get the game. Well at least the people who are so into the game that they'd visit for a midnight release would have made up their mind, which is exactly who you're supposed to be targeting. That would include a heavy segment who simply opted for digital pre-loading, which would entirely cut your store out of the picture in making money, lol. 

Different strokes for different folks. Convenience vs Freedom. Though I hardly think there will be any rush at the releases, like I mentioned before (as in they left zero awareness of it, for some reason). Maybe Fallout 4 is just that big? I think that's overestimating it though. It could be Skyrim big, but I think word of mouth is going to have to put it over that edge. The launch will be big, though I'd hesitate to say it will be as massive (Like Skyrim had 7 million copies floating at retailers at launch).

Rise of the Tomb Raider and Starcraft II will likely be after thoughts in that release, as they're both platform specific (XBONE and PC). I'm sure it's enough though that they just thought, "Oh $&!#, we should probably do something about this day."

Maybe they saw just how many copies they were shipped by Bethesda, and ramped up the scope of the release. That'd be my guess. EB Games and Best Buy being too incompetent to anticipate that seems very logical,

IGN gives Fallout 4 a 9.5/10 

http://ca.ign.com/games/fallout-4/pc-123766

Would have gotten a 10. However, reports of a few frame rate drops. Should be fixed with patch though. 

I don't really give any crap what IGN has to say in an isolated context, but this is a good sign. It's likely we'll see more reviews in this manner.

I mean they did also give Mass Effect 3 a 9.5/10 or something along those lines, and was the first review I also saw of that game, and falsely it hyped me for the garbage I was about to get myself into. So I keep things relative. Lol.

I'm kind of curious about this; did anyone manage to get their hands on the pip boy edition of the game? I mean they're so limited in print that the re-sale seems to be going for nearly $500, lol.

Even if I managed to somehow eek out an order, I would be on that resale game as well. But I still want one. Stupid Bethesda, lol. It would have been epic to spend the next week with a pip boy strapped to my wrist. If someone gets any news on a company making a third part knock off, post it in the thread.

edit: on the note of the pip-boy thing, did anyone at least download the app for it? I'm going to give it a go, and see what's what.

When I woke up today a part of me was really hoping Bethesda decided to release fallout 4 early... oh well, I can wait 9 hours, maybe...

I'm fingers crossed that the game is arriving today through the mail, but it doesn't seem likely. It's arrival is independent of the release date the second they ship it, but they started too late (at like 11:30 am).

The pip-boy app is pretty much a companion app for your fallout character. It basically lets you access your pipboy without having to do it in-game.

Manage your inventory, read quests, listen to tapes/radio, and you can actually play the mini games you collect on your phone.

I don't think I'm going to use it much, buts its pretty cool and really well done.

Going to have to pick this one up... Fallout 2 and Mass Effect 2 are among my favourite games of all time.  That said, I was a lot more disappointed with Fallout 3 than Mass Effect 3 but they won me back with New Vegas, glitches and all. 

Hope they continue to get the fallout feel back with this one.

Yeah. The map looks pretty impressive. Without too much of a scale to bring a legitimate comparison to, it looks bigger than Fallout 3 and New Vegas'. Plus Fallout 3's map was large but barren. Knowing that the map is full of interactive building and elements is a massive plus. I don't know that it's 400+ hours of gameplay big like they were billing it, but that would be dependent on very dense amount of content, which would be cool. Seems to be a lot of water though, so I wonder how that will play out.

Also you start out in the literal top left corner of the game this time, which is an interesting change from Fallout 3 and New Vegas, where you're a lot more centred to everything to begin with. Seems kind of "hint hint, nudge nudge" that there's certain things they want you to run into as you start the game before wandering out and doing whatever the hell you want.

I like the way the armour is divided into so many subsets, so you can decide what to wear. A base piece of clothing armour with customizable pieces for each arm and leg, with a chest piece? So much better than just deciding on a helmet and a base outfit. Does that mean I could slap a bunch of elbow pads and armour gear over sexy sleepwear, or a parkstrollers dress? Because that would be hilarious. And awesome.

Nice little demo of the mini video games on the pip boy as well with that missile command clone.

All in all, it looks really cool, and makes me really tempted to go buy the parts to fashion a strap to put it on my wrist. Nice bonus feature, helps with immersion.

Sounds awesome... I'll have to try out the pip boy thingy.

400 hours is ridiculous, but when I think of Skyrim I dropped a lot of time into that game and definitely didn't get to it all.  

With all due respect to our veterans, I am selfishly glad for a stat holiday on Wednesday.

Sounds awesome... I'll have to try out the pip boy thingy.

400 hours is ridiculous, but when I think of Skyrim I dropped a lot of time into that game and definitely didn't get to it all.  

With all due respect to our veterans, I am selfishly glad for a stat holiday on Wednesday.

Their claims do sound exaggerated. But I'm someone that absolutely squeezes everything out of a game they like. Exploring every inch and quest in New Vegas was not a chore at all, so giving more than double that amount of game time is a great place to start. (For me that was 110 hours without DLC, 190 with)

Time moving so slow in relation to obtaining game, I think 11:59 will last an eternity.

Zeno's paradox. Time moves slower and slower as it approaches 12. But it gets so exponentially slow towards the end, and it never actually becomes the 10th so the game never comes out.

Archived