The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

8 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

More like guys you have no idea who they are. Google is your friend.

Valk? MacEwen? get real. They aren't real prospects. I only pay attention to the guys who have NHL potential which there is not much on Utica.

Next up Griffin Molino he is a prospect too right? Cassels been in the clouds like Virtanen and fell off.

Dhalen would do well to avoid Utica for a year and then see if they have a better group when Gaudette joins.

I think what's very underrated about his game is his ability to create space and put himself in better position or others. People keep saying that his skating is his weakpoint, and while he can't breakaway from a player, he creates separation with power and edgework. Countless highlights of his ability to stop up and change direction quick. Love to see players try and create space for themselves.

21 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Really small sample size, but he's averaging 3 shots per game so far. Over a full season, that would put him around 250, which is usually good enough to be top 30 in the league.

Obviously asking a lot for him to keep it up over a full season, but if he manages to put up anything close to those kinds of numbers consistently, it bodes well for him becoming a 20 to 30 goal per year player.

I guess I won't have to change my name to 'ireallylovemen10' then haha

28 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Valk? MacEwen? get real. They aren't real prospects. I only pay attention to the guys who have NHL potential which there is not much on Utica.

Next up Griffin Molino he is a prospect too right? Cassels been in the clouds like Virtanen and fell off.

Dhalen would do well to avoid Utica for a year and then see if they have a better group when Gaudette joins.

Yep, I was right, you know nothing about these guys.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Chip Kelly said:

I know enough to know that there are more suspects than prospects in Utica at forward right now. That's the bottom line..

Be a bit patient, forward prospects don't grow on trees. Plus, those "suspects" are great AHL'ers. Utica is a franchise like the Canucks, they aren't just there to be the "future watch" for Canucks fans. Ever heard of Alex Burrows?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

I know enough to know that there are more suspects than prospects in Utica at forward right now. That's the bottom line..

The thing you seem to fail to realize is that one can be a great AHLer and not make the NHL yet help other prospects reach those heights through good play in the AHL. Put Dahlen with talented AHLers like Valk or Archibald and their AHL skill will help guys like Dahlen improve. If you have an AHL team full of NHL calibre prospects then your dreaming. The AHL is a developmental league just for prospects like Dahlen, that's the whole point of them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jam126 said:

Be a bit patient, forward prospects don't grow on trees. Plus, those "suspects" are great AHL'ers. Utica is a franchise like the Canucks, they aren't just there to be the "future watch" for Canucks fans. Ever heard of Alex Burrows?

Isn't that what a "farm team" is? The AHL is a development league first and foremost is it not?

Why bother paying for tickets if you dont  have any real prospects and a bunch of career AHL guys?

2 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Isn't that what a "farm team" is? The AHL is a development league first and foremost is it not?

Why bother paying for tickets if you dont  have any real prospects and a bunch of career AHL guys?

Because they are a team that have a chance at the playoffs, it isn't just about developing, players and fans want the team to win as well. Also you have to have a little thing called patience if you want half our prospect pool to take over the team.

4 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

Because they are a team that have a chance at the playoffs, it isn't just about developing, players and fans want the team to win as well. Also you have to have a little thing called patience if you want half our prospect pool to take over the team.

Actually not really. You could stick them in right now if you wanted. Some people here seem to want Dahlen on Utica next year. Possible.

Then you have Boeser who some don't want rushed and would like to see him join Utica.  Not likely. Canucks need him more desperately.

Then Goldobin could be a star on Utica if he joined them for the playoffs.

I guess we can add Milano to the prospect ledger as well if his contract permits.

Labate goes back down. That's quite a few prospects potential able to join if you really wanted to make it happen.

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

You need veteran leadership even more at that level.  Otherwise you have a lot of losing and nobody to mentor the kids.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You need veteran leadership even more at that level.  Otherwise you have a lot of losing and nobody to mentor the kids.

it's true. the AHL is a developmental league, but the young players in the league also need to learn to win as well as develop. it's not one or the other. developing players in a losing culture isn't good for the players. 

speaking of brock. he seems to be playing well - 2 points in 3 or 4 games. Not a bad start to his professional career. hoping for an even better game on friday! 

On this Boeser clip.  It really makes me wonder what is going on with Sutter.  Brock was waiting for Sutter to join in.  You could tell he knew something was aligning him.  He was slow to get up just before the zone re-entry and then after the goal is scored. I wonder if he is having some leg or hip injury he is dealing with.  Sutter is a trooper you have to believe.  Messed up wrist and a lower body injury?  It looked on the 2nd take (2nd angle near the end) of the clip.  That his hip or lower back was locking up as he tried to stand up.  

Anyone know anything else on Sutters condition aside from the wrist injury?  

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/boesers-five-hole-wrister/t-277437438/c-50913303

23 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

On this Boeser clip.  It really makes me wonder what is going on with Sutter.  Brock was waiting for Sutter to join in.  You could tell he knew something was aligning him.  He was slow to get up just before the zone re-entry and then after the goal is scored. I wonder if he is having some leg or hip injury he is dealing with.  Sutter is a trooper you have to believe.  Messed up wrist and a lower body injury?  It looked on the 2nd take (2nd angle near the end) of the clip.  That his hip or lower back was locking up as he tried to stand up.  

Anyone know anything else on Sutters condition aside from the wrist injury?  

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/boesers-five-hole-wrister/t-277437438/c-50913303

Would not surprise me at all, if Sutter is playing injured. Why wouldn't they just shut him down for the rest of the season? Get him to start his recover early, so that he has a good off-season training, and not simply recovering. Not like the Canucks are going to make the playoffs or anything :blink:

46 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Would not surprise me at all, if Sutter is playing injured. Why wouldn't they just shut him down for the rest of the season? Get him to start his recover early, so that he has a good off-season training, and not simply recovering. Not like the Canucks are going to make the playoffs or anything :blink:

I'm not sure.  Probably so they don't disrupt the AHL team and their chemistry for the playoff push.  Scary they would risk further hurting guys though in the process. Keeping the culture is probably part of it though.  Maybe they are just trying to stop the bottom from falling out.