The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to Wear Skate Jersey

Brendan Gaunce

wish they did it in against a lesser like team... alot of ppl want to see the jersey in person but half the arena will be leafs fans.. just like when bure retirement ceremony vs the leafs too..

When you look at the big picture 18000 people in the arena isn't a massive deal. There will be more viewers nationally that night than any.

I like this for the nostalgia reasons. Takes me back to the euphoric '94 run.

Now the jersey itself, both the colour and design (skating downhill?) is awful, like so many others. But this is more about celebrating the past so I'd love to see them skate out with these on. Too bad they couldn't have done this for Bure's sweater retirement game.

Yesssss bring back that logo!

Happy Birthday to me.

flashback time

"...the Canucks were too big and tough and the Leafs ran out of gas..." - Don Cherry

And people still ask "Maple Leafs were in the western conference???"

Very mature way to disagree, Mr. Baggins. And I'm through going in circles with you on this subject.

Have yourself a wonderful day, sir. :)

Well this thread is about using the skate uni for one game, not more crying about the Orca. If you don't want to go in circles stay off that track and on the topic at hand - a throwback night. A night I have no problem with.

I like this for the nostalgia reasons. Takes me back to the euphoric '94 run.

Now the jersey itself, both the colour and design (skating downhill?) is awful, like so many others. But this is more about celebrating the past so I'd love to see them skate out with these on. Too bad they couldn't have done this for Bure's sweater retirement game.

Why does this make me feel like a Leafs fan? Celebrating a near-win over 20 years ago...

When you look at the big picture 18000 people in the arena isn't a massive deal. There will be more viewers nationally that night than any.

true but alot of local fans want to see it in person... hard to see when half the arena are leafs fans and tickets are 3-4 times face value.. i know alot of ppl want to see bure night last season but tickets were $200 a pop.. and it wasnt as loud as most leafs fans dont care about the ceremony..

Archived