The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Eklund says Canucks interested in Lars Eller

I still am a huge Eller fanboy, but if McCann sticks there's really no spot for him, as the 4th line is more of a typical 4th line so far this year. If McCann gets sent down though, a forward group with Eller on the 3rd line would still be awesome if WD roles his lines like last year:

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Baer - Horvat - Vrbata

Burrows - Eller - Hansen

Dorsett - Cracknell - Virtanen

Prust

Higgins+ for Eller.

I think McCann will get sent down, but we'll see.

Well, they might. He's still only averaging 14 minutes a night and his cap hit is 3.5M. They might prefer to allocate that cap to a winger or defenseman considering their C-depth.

There's talk that Stamkos is going to be traded. I read up on this Eklund character, and I don't see any reason to quote him as an insider. His information is of no more value than many of our posters. In fact, I find our posters to be far more in tune with our team than this guy claims to be.

Lol to this, no way MTL would take vey and Jensen for Eller you totally overrate our playerzzz

Where did I say Montreal would accept it? I didn't make up the proposal either...

I wouldn't want us to do that deal anyways because we don't have the cap space, and we already have too much tied up in our bottom 6.

Only deal that would make sense is if we were sending Higgins and Weber back the other way.

Where did I say Montreal would accept it? I didn't make up the proposal either...

I wouldn't want us to do that deal anyways because we don't have the cap space, and we already have too much tied up in our bottom 6.

Only deal that would make sense is if we were sending Higgins and Weber back the other way.

I like your proposal, but what do you think about Burrows and Weber, or just Burrows?

I like your proposal, but what do you think about Burrows and Weber, or just Burrows?

Even as the board's biggest Eller fanboy, I would never move Burrows for Eller, and especially not this year. Burrows has bailed out McCann at least 3-4 times already in 3 games, Canucks need his 2-way experience, as well as his work ethic game in and game out, so that the youth can mold their game after him.

Archived