The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keeper League - Who to Keep?

Gabes24

Hey all,

Looking for some hockey advice, in a keeper league with some buds, 7 keepers are allowed.

I currently have

Ovechkin

Zetterberg

Parise

Letang

Lundqvist

Quick

Now for my 7th keeper I have the option of:

Oshie

Kadri

Shattenkirk

Burns (not dual eligible in my pool)

Points based only, 1 pt for Goal/Assist, 2 for a W 2 extra for SO.

In this years draft I only have a 1st and 4th... so I have to think strategically...

Leaning towards Kadri/Oshie due to their potential this year. Both high risk high reward, but thinking of Shattenkirk as well, then I can draft d-men later with lower picks. Imput please :)

Hmm...

Yeah I was thinking Oshie, I dont actually have him right now as I was supposed to trade my buddy Kadri > Oshie, but he forgot he dropped him. I can still trade for Oshie for a pick + meh keeper in my pool, or I can just keep shattenkirk? I feel like he'd have a higher potential than burns...?

No Playoff pool connection, just during season

If it's just regular season, then I'd take Shattenkirk or Burns - especially if you can use the latter as a D.

He'll be playing D all year alongside Paul Martin. Martin plays a similar game to Hamhuis, and Burns exploded at the WC with him as D partner.

cool. I might keep shattenkirk then, i like the guy... almost ppg at the 40 game mark pre-injury.

i just dont feel burns will repeat his performance, but hes kinda that guy that will prove you wrong.

so you guys think that taking 2 D in a 7 person keeper is worth it? its kinda like an unheard of strategy in my long time running pool haha

Archived