The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Drunk Kid Wants Mac and Cheese

drummer4now

i woulda clocked that kid and it would be over cause of the first assault

Yeah, I was pretty impressed with the managers discretion. I was expecting him to drop the kid after the first couple shoves. But I guess you cant work at a Uni restaurant without being used to running into a lotta drunk kids.

That manager was very restrained for sure... The cop was really nice until lil Gatti swore at the 2nd person there. The officer then proceeded to open a few door with that mouthpieces head. LOL! I was a couple mins late for work today after watching that vid. What a little punk. The kitchen guy clearly had had enough and good on him. Kid pushed the manager 3 times and was really in his face, swearing just a nightmare!

That kid couldn't do any damage to anyone, not with his person anyway. But the annoyance factor alone... holy. Good on that man for not losing it. Also loving the cop. JUST CHUCKS HIM OUT THE DOORS after he pipes up. Need more good cops like that who don't take ish from jagoffs.

This kid is a real winner:

UPDATE 10 a.m.: Gatti, who previously attended UMass Amherst, was arrested in 2014 for “disorderly conduct and assault and battery on a police officer,” according to the Massachusetts Daily Collegian.

UPDATE 11 a.m.: Here’s the 2014 criminal complaint, in which the arresting officer claimed Gatti screamed “F you, N word!” to his face.

UPDATE 11:45 a.m.: Gatti has been charged with “breach of peace in the second degree and criminal trespass,” according to the police report. His bail was set at $1,500 and his court date is scheduled for October 13.

UPDATE, October 7: Gatti has been reportedly expelled from UConn.

This kid is a real winner:

UPDATE 10 a.m.: Gatti, who previously attended UMass Amherst, was arrested in 2014 for “disorderly conduct and assault and battery on a police officer,” according to the Massachusetts Daily Collegian.

UPDATE 11 a.m.: Here’s the 2014 criminal complaint, in which the arresting officer claimed Gatti screamed “F you, N word!” to his face.

UPDATE 11:45 a.m.: Gatti has been charged with “breach of peace in the second degree and criminal trespass,” according to the police report. His bail was set at $1,500 and his court date is scheduled for October 13.

UPDATE, October 7: Gatti has been reportedly expelled from UConn.

I like that his disorderly arrest lists his state of agitation when confronted by officers as "temper tantrum". Like a grumpy 5 year old in an adult body. What were his high school and home life like that he could think he could act that way?

Kudos to manager, he showed REMARKABLE restraint. Not sure if I would have been as patient.

That manager deserves a raise. That was amazing restraint on his part. In the same position and he pushed me a couple times, I likely would have clocked him one.

The sad truth is that it's a liability issue. If the manager had given this punk what he deserved, it could very well have been him getting arrested and he and/or the restaurant could be facing a civil suit.

As a former bar manager, I can't tell you how many times I've had to take abuse, both physical and verbal from drunken patrons and been unable to respond in kind, for fear of legal action.

I like that his disorderly arrest lists his state of agitation when confronted by officers as "temper tantrum". Like a grumpy 5 year old in an adult body. What were his high school and home life like that he could think he could act that way?

There's two kinds of people at big colleges like that: smart kids and spoiled ones.

You can probably guess which one he is.

Kinda surprises me how long it took for this kid to be dealt with. You'd think. campus security would be quicker to arrive. Anyone who has worked in customer service probably has multiple stories of abusive customers, but usually the customer gets removed pretty quick. This guy is obviously very persistent.

With regards to the manager being so patient, my guess is that this isn't all that unusual to him, working late nights when there are lots of drunk customers. Maybe he's worked previously in a bar or club, where (like a 911 operator) he's seen stuff like this happens a million times. You have to remember that although this vid went viral, these type of incidents aren't really that rare.

Archived