The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015-16 NHL Rookie Watch

thejazz97

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Insane rookie class this year:

Andy Andreoff, F, LAK

Viktor Arvidsson, F, NSH

Kyle Baun, F, CHI

Sam Bennett, F, CGY

Andrew Copp, F, WPG

Max Domi, F, ARZ

Joonas Donskoi, F, SJS

Anthony Duclair, F, ARZ

Joel Edmundson, D, StL

Jack Eichel, F, BUF

Nikolaj Ehlers, F, WPG

Robby Fabbri, F, StL

Tyler Graovac, F, MIN

Rocco Grimaldi, F, FLA

Noah Hanifin, D, CAR

Scott Harrington, D, TOR

Ben Hutton, D, VAN

Mattias Janmark, F, DAL

Brett Kulak, D, CGY

Dylan Larkin, F, DET

Oscar Lindberg, F, NYR

Jared McCann, F, VAN

Connor McDavid, F, EDM

Joe Morrow, D, BOS

Artemi Panarin, F, CHI

Colton Parayko, D, StL

Nic Petan, F, WPG

Sergei Plotnikov, F, PIT

Mikko Rantanen, F, COL

Griffin Reinhart, D, EDM

Sam Reinhart, F, BUF

Borna Rendulic, F, COL

Anton Slepyshev, F, EDM

Dylan Sprong, F, PIT

Trevor van Reimsdyk, D, CHI

Jake Virtanen, F, VAN

McSaviour and Mutton.

Both will be placed in the perfect opportunity to succeed. McDavid with his surrounding talent cast and Hutton with our lack of defensive depth, struggling powerplay, and overall shortage on the offensive front in terms of what our defence brings.

I watched Panarin a ton last year. I was really disappointed he went to Chicago. I feel he has a huge chance to get the Calder this year. I just don't see McDavid scoring more than 50 points. Not right now, not in the West. Eichel has an advantage in that area. :P

This'll be a very interesting year for rookies.

I watched Panarin a ton last year. I was really disappointed he went to Chicago. I feel he has a huge chance to get the Calder this year. I just don't see McDavid scoring more than 50 points. Not right now, not in the West. Eichel has an advantage in that area. :P

This'll be a very interesting year for rookies.

The concept that the East is higher scoring than the West is such a myth, just look at the stats.

I think, at this point, Panarin has a better shot. Things can change, but at this point, hard to argue with Panarin.

If the Calder was treated like the Hart, then I would say Panarin runs away with it. He will likely put up between 40-50 points and likely be an impact for his team in the playoffs.

Players like McDavid and Eichel, who will likely get more points, can't make an impact in the playoffs if they're on the golf course.

It's not that the east is higher scoring, it's that the west is harder to play against.

How so?

I'm not sure as a forward I would enjoying playing against guys like Chara and Hedman in the East? Or try and score against Price or Rask or take hit from Callahan or any number of hard hitters in the East or as a Dman I would want to match up against Ovie, Tavares or Crosby...that's hard to play against if you ask me? Both conferences are.

If the Calder was treated like the Hart, then I would say Panarin runs away with it. He will likely put up between 40-50 points and likely be an impact for his team in the playoffs.

Players like McDavid and Eichel, who will likely get more points, can't make an impact in the playoffs if they're on the golf course.

Playoff impact isn't a consideration for the Hart.

Archived