The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Virtanen in tonight

Ourgodluongo

The line of Baertschi Horvat Virtanen looked great in preseason, and should be given another try. That makes the odd man out to be Vrbata. But he's too good to sit. Dilemma!

The only obvious sub would be an injury substitution, which of course hopefully is unnecessary.

The line of Baertschi Horvat Virtanen looked great in preseason, and should be given another try. That makes the odd man out to be Vrbata. But he's too good to sit. Dilemma!

The only obvious sub would be an injury substitution, which of course hopefully is unnecessary.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Burrows McCann Sutter

Dorsett Cracknell Hansen

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Burrows McCann Sutter

Dorsett Cracknell Hansen

Looks good on paper, but i think that they will want Prust in there. If there is one team that always pushes the canucks around its the goon squad from Los Angeles.

Who plays third line center if McCann sits then?

Nobody said he is sitting? The obvious choice is to sit a winger if a winger is slotting in. If WD wants to sit him it would force a mix up of almost the entire team and I'd think that's probably not happening unless he's seen all he wants of the sutter with the twins, I think they are looking good together so I'm not so sure about that.

Nobody said he is sitting? The obvious choice is to sit a winger if a winger is slotting in. If WD wants to sit him it would force a mix up of almost the entire team and I'd think that's probably not happening unless he's seen all he wants of the sutter with the twins, I think they are looking good together so I'm not so sure about that.

I said my guess would be McCann sits. but i see what you mean. We'll see what happens

Sedin sedin vrbata

Baer bo Virtanen

Burrows sutter Hansen

Prust Cracknell dorsett

Sedins and sutter didn't do much last night, and McCann is small to be matching up against the kings big centres. We brought sutter in to play against teams like the kings, so makes sense he plays his role as a checking centre.

Where are people getting this from? Am I watching a different player?

He's shown more battle than Vrbata and has made some great passes. He's been fine.

People really need to stop trying to find a whipping boy and just enjoy the games. It's sad that Canucks fans always need to bash their own players.

Ridiculous.

It's like they are so inept as deducing anything other than cold, hard stats from a game. I'm assuming he is only the whipping boy because he is as pure of a playmaker as they come and essentially gets pinned as ineffective when his linemates are ineffective.

Where are people getting this from? Am I watching a different player?

He's shown more battle than Vrbata and has made some great passes. He's been fine.

People really need to stop trying to find a whipping boy and just enjoy the games. It's sad that Canucks fans always need to bash their own players.

Exactly. I thought he had a pretty good game last night. Is setting up chances and isn't a noticeable defensive liability.

Just isn't scoring right now and hopefully that will come. He's still basically a rookie.

Archived