The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) EDM-NJD EDM-PHI

to edm: eberle

to njd: larsson

njd has a plentiful of young d and a need at forward. edm is the opposite to its a perfect match

to phi: yakupov, shultz

to edm: simmonds, umberger 

phi has a desperate need for a right handed shot puck moving defenseman and needs to unload some salary. obviously dealing simmonds wouldnt be easy to do but he is not having a good start to the season and phi has scored the lowest amount of goals in the league. with a fresh start yakupov could grow into a 35+ goal scorer. edm takes on umbergers 4.5m cap hit for next season to help make the deal happen (or lecavalier, if phi needs an extra incentive to make the deal)

hall-mcdavid-draistl

pouliot-rnh-simmonds

korpikoski-letestu-purcell

umberger-lander-hendricks

gazdic

klefbom-larsson

sekera-fayne

nurse-gryba

ference-reinhart

Yes to the first deal, but no to the 2nd.

What do the Flyers gain from trading Simmonds?  You say he's not having a strong start to the season and the team needs goals, when Wayne's 2nd on his team in goals with 6.  Yak only has 2 so far, and he's generally underachieved so they would trade one of their only surefire guys for a guy who's still unproven.  Schultz is also struggling, with only 1 point in 11 games so far.  Although he's an albatross, Umberger hasn't been that bad this season, and dumping him or Vinny at the cost of Simmonds is clearly poor asset management.  That would be like management saying deal McCann so Sbisa comes off the books.

22 hours ago, billabong said:

to edm: eberle

to njd: larsson

njd has a plentiful of young d and a need at forward. edm is the opposite to its a perfect match

to phi: yakupov, shultz

to edm: simmonds, umberger 

phi has a desperate need for a right handed shot puck moving defenseman and needs to unload some salary. obviously dealing simmonds wouldnt be easy to do but he is not having a good start to the season and phi has scored the lowest amount of goals in the league. with a fresh start yakupov could grow into a 35+ goal scorer. edm takes on umbergers 4.5m cap hit for next season to help make the deal happen (or lecavalier, if phi needs an extra incentive to make the deal)

hall-mcdavid-draistl

pouliot-rnh-simmonds

korpikoski-letestu-purcell

umberger-lander-hendricks

gazdic

klefbom-larsson

sekera-fayne

nurse-gryba

ference-reinhart

The Oilers are most likely trying to make exactly the types of trades you suggest.  They can't find a partner willing to take their softies though.  The oilers are going to have trade their softies (RNH, Eberlie,Yakupov, Schultz) for A LOT less than they expect in return.  

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Oilers are most likely trying to make exactly the types of trades you suggest.  They can't find a partner willing to take their softies though.  The oilers are going to have trade their softies (RNH, Eberlie,Yakupov, Schultz) for A LOT less than they expect in return.  

Softies, really? You are easily the most clueless poster on this forum and its not even close..

1 hour ago, Toews said:

Softies, really? You are easily the most clueless poster on this forum and its not even close..

Yes I am.  And yes my cluelessness tells me these four players are extremely soft, which lowers their value A LOT.  Notice how I can make my point without a personal insult.  I guess we each have our own methods - I'll gladly take clueless over ?

Archived