The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

nepal trip

canuktravella

7 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya annapurna was epic next time im gonna  go higher maybe up to that high altitude lake 

Crossing thorong la was awesome, highest point in the world you can hike to without climbing gear. Couldn't stay long though! 

21 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

being 20 ft from a wild rhino hiking was scary  

especially finding out it killed a guide the yr before

Why don't you just go hike around the Surrey Skytrain station for a while.  Same intense feeling of impending doom, and it's a cheap trip?^_^.  

1 minute ago, canuktravella said:

no thanks i hate surrey 

lol spent 5 years there, but that was like 81-86. It was the beginning of the end of an actual peaceful paradise Travella. There were forests everywhere. Crazy ponds and amazingly huuuuge cherry trees. No joke we I watched it all disappear in that 5 years. Inevitable I know, still sucks though.

17 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

no thanks i hate surrey 

thats the point.  You hate Surrey, as do we all, because it's a scary place.  Go there and dodge some bullets.  You'll get the same feeling as dodging a rhino.  I hear there are people who can't afford the trip to Spain, so they go to Surrey and run in the streets with the hoods and hookers, and get the same high as the bulls.  Instead of horns, it's knives.  

2 hours ago, canuktravella said:

nepal was so cheap a month in  nepal cost like 1300 doing crazy hikes, national parks, getting drunk with swedish chicks life is very good 

Anywhere in that region of Asia is pretty cheap. Except Bhutan. On my wishlist, but that $250 dollar a day visa is just too much...

I'm heading back down to Southeast Asia in April. May head up to Nepal as well. I know there's probably a lot of things, but what is the one thing that you would recommend for someone else to check out in Nepal?

Hey man, cool pictures. Nepal costed you 1300$ for a month? That's very cheap! My brother just got back from Philippines, he was there for only two weeks and it costed him just under $2000. I'll definitely recommend Nepal to him just based on your pictures.

On December 6, 2015 at 1:52:01 AM, Darkstar said:

Anywhere in that region of Asia is pretty cheap. Except Bhutan. On my wishlist, but that $250 dollar a day visa is just too much...

I'm heading back down to Southeast Asia in April. May head up to Nepal as well. I know there's probably a lot of things, but what is the one thing that you would recommend for someone else to check out in Nepal?

laos and hong kong are my favs in  south east asia    actually i liked it all cambodia, borneo, malayasia. All the small towns are amazing friendly people less people try and hustle you.  As for nepal  depends on what your into history or nature or trekking or religion or food. I went for all  the mountains are so amazing even though there is some pollution the higher you get in mountains the cleaner the air is its amazing. The monsoon rains are crazy it rains  every morning at around 5 am and also after it gets dark but is usually sunny  rest of time  the thunder storms are insane. The biodiversity is kool you see alot of butterflies and birds. The buddist and shiva sites are all over seeing their ceremonies is really amazing. The food was so good   dahl bat  mmmm i went vegetarian minus two days of trip and never got sick i drank a billion lemon teas there its so yummy. All depends o  what you wanna see 

On December 6, 2015 at 2:59:15 AM, Shaft said:

Hey man, cool pictures. Nepal costed you 1300$ for a month? That's very cheap! My brother just got back from Philippines, he was there for only two weeks and it costed him just under $2000. I'll definitely recommend Nepal to him just based on your pictures.

ya its cheap  indian is even cheaper i hear. Next time im doing both

Next time i go to nepal im doing a three month trip 

first month will be a bunch of treks in anapurna region hopefully ill  be able to go to chilco lake 

second month go to coast of india chill in goa relax heal body then go trekking in northern india and see a bunch of buddist and shiva sites

third month  hopefully trek in mustang valley and seee soke other nepal areas i havent been to yet. mustang is the most expensive  trek  tho its a 1000 bucks just for the permit  plus guides and porters but it will be worth it. 

normally il hike solo with out guides much cheaper my annapurna trek cost 300 with food permits and guesthouses whereas people with guides paid 1300-1500 for same 9 day trek. mustang valley is more remote and theres rules to go see it so il have to find the funds for it 

On December 8, 2015 at 4:35:25 PM, Mainly Mattias said:

AnnaPurna..  wasn't it closed because of the earthquake earlier in the year?  Reopened recently, then, i guess?

ya i missed the earthquake  by a few months i was there 14 months ago in september  but   a week after i left  these crazy early snow storms came in and  killed a bunch of trekkers not expecting early snow bunch died of hypothermia it snowed like 6 feet in 18 hrs or something crazy a bunch of trekkers i met when i was leaving were hikking near annapurna when it happened but they all were safe thankfully. It can be very dangerous when i was there the monsoon rains caused landslides  during the nights  and flash floods while i was hiking in mornings you have to be careful when you go i love adventure and craziness so i sorta feed on the energy of chaos. The lightning storms were intense.

Archived