The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[DISCUSSION] Trade the Sedins (as an act of love)

9 hours ago, Aloha_Vancouver said:

Well, well, time to dust of this old account. I'm sure the boards haven't changed too much in the last few years since I've logged on, so I know I'm about to be chewed out quite a bit but as I've been watching the last few games, this thought just kept coming back to me.

I KNOW the Sedins have said multiple times they want to stay in Vancouver b/c of their family and many other reasons but I HATE watching so much talent and heart going to a team that won't be able to make the most out of them for their last few years. I'm not gonna get all emotional and say a bunch of fancy things but I for one want to see them win a cup more than anything.  They deserve it more than anyone else in this league.  They never have said they wouldn't move.

I want them to go to a team that'll win the cup. Bring back some Grade - A talent while their at it, but, to me, that's a bonus, an end. I think they deserve it, and they've been playing so well this year.  The most admirable pair in hockey in my opinion.

Oh well, let the flames begin

Just now, linden17 said:
9 hours ago, Aloha_Vancouver said:

Well, well, time to dust of this old account. I'm sure the boards haven't changed too much in the last few years since I've logged on, so I know I'm about to be chewed out quite a bit but as I've been watching the last few games, this thought just kept coming back to me.

I KNOW the Sedins have said multiple times they want to stay in Vancouver b/c of their family and many other reasons but I HATE watching so much talent and heart going to a team that won't be able to make the most out of them for their last few years. I'm not gonna get all emotional and say a bunch of fancy things but I for one want to see them win a cup more than anything.  They deserve it more than anyone else in this league.  They never have said they wouldn't move.

I want them to go to a team that'll win the cup. Bring back some Grade - A talent while their at it, but, to me, that's a bonus, an end. I think they deserve it, and they've been playing so well this year.  The most admirable pair in hockey in my opinion.

Oh well, let the flames begin

Jim Benning has probably asked them and they probably said they want to stay. that being said, Out of respect for these wonderful twins, benning should be asking them every year and trade deadline if they want to go a contender. them being the sedins and being so loyal its easy to see how they would want to stay and retire here....atleast they think that way. but we owe it to them to keep asking them every deadline. 

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

We'd have to take about 14M in cap back, and any team giving up that much probably isn't getting much better with the Sedins.

if we gave them up at the deadline in their final year most of their cap would be gone. and any team that got them would instantly have a 1a and 1 b line. 

20 hours ago, Aloha_Vancouver said:

"Expressen reporter Jonatan Lindquist tells Sekeres and Paterson that - after talking with the Sedins in Sweden - the Twins prefer to stay in Vancouver and play out their contracts in an eventual supporting role. Lindquist also says the Sedins would be willing to move, if asked, but their preference is to be Canucks for life "  - http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/lindquist-sedins-prefer-to-stay-in-vancouver-in-supporting-role-1.334590

I wonder if after seeing the direction of the team, they might be more willing to go. It's for their own good.

I've read the interview in Swedish and they basically say that they'd rather stay their entire careers in Vancouver and not win a cup than to chase it on other teams. They said that a non-move clauses don't mean anything if the team wants to move someone, but they don't want to move. They also hinted that they might be done with hockey adder their current contract is up.

Archived