The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade F Jensen to Rangers for F Etem

21 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yeah, because you missed or ignored the entire basis and rationale.  Etem hasn't even played 1/3 the number of NHL games yet and didn't come onto a bottom-feeding team.

Well yeah, he hasn't played because he wasn't good enough. lol 

If he was a better player he would have played more don't you think?

Just look up how many 30 goal power forwards there are in the NHL. Kane is one of them. That's an elite player. Like I said let's not get carried away here. 

Here's a good article that puts things in perspective.

http://www.coppernblue.com/2013/8/18/4625210/power-forwards-in-the-nhl-rare

My hope is Etem turns out to be a solid 3rd liner who can provide 12-15 goals. I'm not holding my breath for anything more, If he scores 30 awesome, turns out to be next Cam Neely, I'll scream for joy.

1 year ago Kane was on the block and NHL GMs lined up to trade for him, even with attitude problems. Etem was given away for a late pick and a player who'll be in Europe next year. I think 29 NHL GM's know a bit about a player's ability. 

8 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Just look up how many 30 goal power forwards there are in the NHL. Kane is one of them. That's an elite player. Like I said let's not get carried away here. 

My hope is Etem turns out to be a solid 3rd liner who can provide 12-15 goals. I'm not holding my breath for anything more, If he scores 30 awesome, turns out to be next Cam Neely, I'll scream for joy.

1 year ago Kane was on the block and NHL GMs lined up to trade for him, even with attitude problems. Etem was given away for a late pick and a player who'll be in Europe next year. I think 29 NHL GM's know a bit about a player's ability. 

Your voice of reason goes unappreciated by those who see every signing as a hockey messiah. Totally agree with a more moderate assessment with any upside a bonus. I see Etem as a 3RW with Hanson and Virtanen ahead of him. I started the season hoping that Grenier might be a 3RW option but he seems to have stalled.

12 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Again, Kane scored 30 once.  He has not had more than 20 at any other time.  He also stepped right onto a poor team compared to Anaheim, and of course was more highly-touted and NHL-ready.

The thing you seem to have missed is LITE, in talking about his upside, not what he WILL be.  Never said or even implied he would be another EKane.  Simply saying, their playing styles are similar and if Etem can be an EKane-LIKE player as a poor-man's version, we should be pleased.  And that is certainly not beyond his upside.

• 5 months later...

Archived