The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Spin on Sedin Perceptions

McIlhargey the Lesser

I was just looking at the Kopitar 8 year deal that he just signed, and in light of Denis Potvin's remarks about the Sedins the other night, it got me thinking.

Does the fact that the Sedins have taken home-town discounts in all of their contracts have something to do with their reputations? The fact that they are not paid 8 million plus for the type of contribution they have made? Do they look like something is lacking because of that? I wonder if this is especially true for the time when they were in their prime.

It's mentioned on occasion here on CDC when they have just negotiated new contracts what upstanding mensches they are for taking these home-town discounts, but I wonder if that makes others that are watching around the league think less of them than those of us who get to watch them night in and night out.

Lol, doubt the it. I'm not sure the Sedins have ever taken much of a hometown discount. Maybe a couple 100k in they last deal, but they made that up with the deal they're on now. 

I'm sure NHL players don't look down on Keith for only making 5.5 million, even though he's easily the best D-man on the planet.

im a noob on cdc die head nux fan i got flamed and got called a troll when my very first post was critical of him being capt,but hear me out .i think all the disrespecting stuff all started with marchand and its just festerd ever since . anyways since there only going to be here 2 more years would,nd it be cool to see hendrick nominate bo as his replacement rather than management appointing a captain as in the lounge case .not sure if hendrick was another appointed captain too .but i think i would be a classy think along the the lines of all the habs traditional thingswell there still here so as to mentor bo in that new roll

23 minutes ago, chon derry said:

im a noob on cdc die head nux fan i got flamed and got called a troll when my very first post was critical of him being capt,but hear me out .i think all the disrespecting stuff all started with marchand and its just festerd ever since . anyways since there only going to be here 2 more years would,nd it be cool to see hendrick nominate bo as his replacement rather than management appointing a captain as in the lounge case .not sure if hendrick was another appointed captain too .but i think i would be a classy think along the the lines of all the habs traditional thingswell there still here so as to mentor bo in that new roll

can someone get this guy into an English class?

7 minutes ago, chon derry said:

well i did admit to being a noob i,m also pretty new to computers as well. I think i,ll limit my input to game day threads as any other time people seem pretty touchy about bad typing and the topic changes from being that to bad spelling

lol I was just bugging you, don't take it so personally to the point where you feel you need to restrict where you post.

i invisioned a big old cadilac painted in canucks colours pulling up to my house and a johnny canuck type guy at my door tappin 2x4 in his hand i look over his shoulder and on the roof of the canuck cadilac it said cdc with 5 guys in it.  'So you,re the guy bad mouthing our hendrik lol

Archived