The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

{GDT} CANUCKS VS RANGERS @4pm PT on SNP

Tavrohorvat53

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I get the idea of tanking and top pick thingy, but why on earth would a fan want the team to lose 5-0.  I can't see how that helps the team in any way.  At least hope for a well played game that is interesting to watch, even if it's a loss.

I'm not advocating tanking in the lose on purpose sense.

ive been calling for the youth movement since December of last season.  I think we only need a skeleton crew of core for mentorship purposes.  The youth gain experience and we potentially deal vets for picks or younger ready players.

of course I am not privy to the aquilini back rooms, but I would hope that the direction of the team isn't totally money driven, in that two games at home in the playoffs, for a first round bounce is worth more than acquiring  higher end picks.

there are glaring holes in our current defence and the cupboards are full of question marks.  This is priority numeru uno imho.  

If the cup is the ultimate goal are we on the right path?  So far we are just out of the post season. Hypothetically we could get it but would we really have a chance against a top team?  It's a setup for another first round exit.  What is that? Three in the last 5 years or so?....and that seems to be the likelihood staying the course we are on.

11 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Prust has to prove he's not a quitter. And play like he can. If he's injured stay home.

If he's not injured, he's a fool.  Look around you Prusty...old guys are not getting contracts in their UFA year.  Best to play your heart out; get traded at deadline and maybe even play well enough to get a contract for next season from the new team.

1 hour ago, Toyotasfan said:

Sounds like the Rangers team has got a flu epidemic ! Canucks better keep lots of Purell on the bench, last thing they need to pick up on a road trip.

Purell won't do the trick, I'm afraid that stuff doesn't work well on the throat, unless you have first hand experience? Besides, you germaphobes aren't helping yourselves. Regardless, I hope for some serious effort from the guys in white.

Hate to be negative but this feels like an uphill battle tonight. I also don't think we have won three in a row this year (I could be wrong). Thinking 4-1 Rangers unless Miller finds a way to shut the doors like he did on Sunday.

With all that said. 'Go Canucks Go!"

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I get the idea of tanking and top pick thingy, but why on earth would a fan want the team to lose 5-0.  I can't see how that helps the team in any way.  At least hope for a well played game that is interesting to watch, even if it's a loss.

5-0 is what I believe the score will be.  Would like to see 3-2 but I don't base my guesses on what I hope to see, only on what I expect.  Rangers will be motivated, Canucks not so much.

Plus it doesn't hurt to have 0 chance of getting another horrible loser point..

I wonder why McCann is getting the 1st line C job. Horvat is better at faceoffs and better all around I think. I've noticed lately that McCann hesitates when he's got the puck in deep, and he's not shooting like he was before. Lack of confidence? But, good for him for getting the opportunity, hope he runs with it. The Canucks will miss Hank, especially his leadership (hello Prust, it's time to step up), but the guy's been playing injured for a while now, he's been slow, unable to take good faceoffs, not really able to go into the dirty areas, unable to shoot, and I don't know when he last scored. McCann will be an upgrade IMO, with his enthusiasm and speed. As long as he can find Daniel, all is well.

Canucks are 5-2-1 in January, and have won 2 in a row. I say they get their 3rd in a row tonight against a struggling Rangers team, Canucks 4-3 in the shootout.

Apparently, Henrik Sedin is still with the team..He didn't fly back to Van.

Could be an interesting game tonight..Rangers have been nothing to write home about,but the Canucks are a bit thin and inexperienced as well.........I'm sure that we will get stellar goaltending tonight,but if we get badly outshot like the last couple of games,I don't like our chances.

Archived