The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Props to Corey Hirsch

VIC_CITY

13 minutes ago, brownky said:

Kypreos occasionally has moments of clarity. When he stops shouting and being "TV Nick" he's actually not bad. Like the Virtanen thing with the WJC; he was one of the first guys to say (and in a softer tone) "Leave the kid alone, it's a team game and its not his fault".

Then a day later he's shouting over the panel again and a buffoon. If he could channel his inner "quiet Nick" he'd be a better analyst.

DougMac is just a moron. A terrible GM, a terrible analyst, and a terrible waste of TV time.

Agree on Nick. Not sure I agree on Doug Maclean although it doesn't seem too many are knocking on his door for GM jobs. I find he has the odd interesting thing to say. Like Corey, but the rest make me miss hockey on TSN.

21 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Ok so I usually PVR the games. Even when I'm free during the game, I prefer recording it so I can skip the commercials and intermissions. But now I always watch the segment following each period to see what Corey Hirsch has to say. He's entertaining, knowledgeable and a former Canuck to boot. I'm also old enough to remember his tenure here, so that probably helps. But he isn't afraid to give his opinion, even if it goes against WD and Canucks brass. Ok mainly just WD. But he tells it how it is and it's refreshing. So Corey Hirsch gets my vote for best off ice Canucks personality in ages. Here's hoping Sportsnet recognizes this and keeps giving him an opportunity to do his thing. Otherwise I'll go back to skipping right through the whole intermission!

Corey Hirsh is the biggest tool on tv, I can't stand him and he needs to buy new suits

Just now, EV604 said:

Corey Hirsh is the biggest tool on tv, I can't stand him and he needs to buy new suits

Are you (almost) the centre piece of the most famous stamp in Swedish history?  When you're on a Swedish stamp, and only then, can you insult the Swedish stamp man.:emot-parrot:

28 minutes ago, EV604 said:

I will agree on the suit part..that dark blue checked thing has to go but if you look past his clothing you might find a guy who does a pretty good job.

Hirsch really needs to buy a new suit or two.  Definitely has a face made for radio!  But I must say I do enjoy him.  

PJ Stock makes me want to kick the TV in every time he opens his mouth.  If his goal is to say as many stupid things as possible to create controversy, I guess he succeeds.  If he truly believes what he says...then he's the biggest moron around.

Archived