The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Props to Corey Hirsch

VIC_CITY

Ok so I usually PVR the games. Even when I'm free during the game, I prefer recording it so I can skip the commercials and intermissions. But now I always watch the segment following each period to see what Corey Hirsch has to say. He's entertaining, knowledgeable and a former Canuck to boot. I'm also old enough to remember his tenure here, so that probably helps. But he isn't afraid to give his opinion, even if it goes against WD and Canucks brass. Ok mainly just WD. But he tells it how it is and it's refreshing. So Corey Hirsch gets my vote for best off ice Canucks personality in ages. Here's hoping Sportsnet recognizes this and keeps giving him an opportunity to do his thing. Otherwise I'll go back to skipping right through the whole intermission!

I think hirsch does a great job.  He's multi dimensional too.  Can be goofy but in a good way.  He's gaining confidence and shows quick wit sometimes.  I caught him with a subtle jab at PJ, which I think went over that dufus's head....there was a moment of eye work by hirsch - as I said: subtle but entertainjn

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

I think hirsch does a great job.  He's multi dimensional too.  Can be goofy but in a good way.  He's gaining confidence and shows quick wit sometimes.  I caught him with a subtle jab at PJ, which I think went over that dufus's head....there was a moment of eye work by hirsch - as I said: subtle but entertainjn

I think I remember the first time the PJ and Hirsch were on air together and PJ looked like he was all too aware that he was being outclassed.

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

I think I remember the first time the PJ and Hirsch were on air together and PJ looked like he was all too aware that he was being outclassed.

I observed the last segment that pj employed the "tactic" of: talking over somebody.

thats when you know you're outmatched as you say.

i could be wrong but.....

Love that he pretty much told PJ Stock get a life the other night when Stock was saying that Markstrom is basically a backup and wouldnt leave it alone..you could see Cory burning and said..well when you were in your groove you liked beating people up...Stock replied I never beat anyone up and Cory said...good..Ill meet you in the parking lot...lol.....didnt mind him before...quite like him now.

Archived