The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Saskatchewan school in lockdown after shooting.

taxi

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

Okay, this is just a idiotic statement. Stabbing someone takes a lot more guts than shooting them. Stabbing someone you feel them die. Shooting someone, like charles manson said, is just pointing a gun at someone pulling the trigger and then they're gone.

I appreciate the sarcasm, but don't think it's really appropriate for this thread.

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Surrey is a place where shootings, knifings, and all sorts of really horrific crimes happen so frequently people are mostly desensitized to it.  It's sad really that people can behave so much like rats.  

i get to the lower mainland a couple 2,3 times a year my bro lives in burnaby ,know all about it its every where ,being half native and half scottish grew up playing hockey jr b  sr a ,kept my self pretty busy with all of that ,year round training i.e. smithers hockey school okananogan hockey school what have u , nothin burns me up seeing a young aboriginal kid dressing up all gangsta I'm 56 6"2" still ride my kick ass mountain bike  i don't get the what ever it is there doing?

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

i get to the lower mainland a couple 2,3 times a year my bro lives in burnaby ,know all about it its every where ,being half native and half scottish grew up playing hockey jr b  sr a ,kept my self pretty busy with all of that ,year round truing i.e. smithers hockey school okananogan hockey school what have u , nothin burns me up seeing a young aboriginal kid freezing up all gangsta I'm 56 6"2" still ride my kick as mountain bike  i don't get the what ever it is there doing?

Yup.  Seeing kids (native or non native) acting all punk ass tough, wasting their lives is super sad.  Without our kids, we got nothing. Although, when you and me were young we got jobs in mills, and other working man's jobs to keep us positive.  I don't know how straight I would have stayed if my only job chances were at Macdonalds or 7-Eleven?  Thank God for hockey though.  There was always hockey as kids to get that anger out.  Fighting was okay, and you learned to respect the other guy.

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Surrey is a place where shootings, knifings, and all sorts of really horrific crimes happen so frequently people are mostly desensitized to it.  It's sad really that people can behave so much like rats.  

sorry bout my typing first day with my new fingers lol

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Seeing kids (native or non native) acting all punk ass tough, wasting their lives is super sad.  Without our kids, we got nothing. Although, when you and me were young we got jobs in mills, and other working man's jobs to keep us positive.  I don't know how straight I would have stayed if my only job chances were at Macdonalds or 7-Eleven?  Thank God for hockey though.  There was always hockey as kids to get that anger out.  Fighting was okay, and you learned to respect the other guy.

you bet thats where i got my motivation from. a guy called joe watson, and ron hominueke who played for the nuxs albeit briefly

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hey!   I have only three on each hand, and they're fat and furry!  :lol:  

really liken how u interact with whom ever , regardless of the persons rep point thing , which i had no idea about well reading cdc before signing up  smithers joe and i have had some good convo,s

6 minutes ago, chon derry said:

really liken how u interact with whom ever , regardless of the persons rep point thing , which i had no idea about well reading cdc before signing up  smithers joe and i have had some good convo,s

Thanks.  theres only one thing better for making me feel good than talking hockey, and that's playing hockey. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Thanks.  theres only one thing better for making me feel good than talking hockey, and that's playing hockey. 

i know i,m getting old when i find myself getting all reflective ,dam i did,nt think it was gunna happen so quick   remember u can only be young once but u can be immature forever!!!!!

4 minutes ago, chon derry said:

i know i,m getting old when i find myself getting all reflective ,dam i did,nt think it was gunna happen so quick   remember u can only be young once but u can be immature forever!!!!!

Absolutely.  That's one of the nice things about this computer stuff: there a lots of young people here who have new ideas that kind of challenge an older man's way of thinking.  I like that.  their arguing keeps me wanting to punch back, even if it's acting "immature"::D

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Absolutely.  That's one of the nice things about this computer stuff: there a lots of young people here who have new ideas that kind of challenge an older man's way of thinking.  I like that.  their arguing keeps me wanting to punch back, even if it's acting "immature"::D

im not 6'2" actually I'm a retired midget wrestler

4 minutes ago, chon derry said:

im not 6'2" actually I'm a retired midget wrestler

I think the young people use the term " little person" to describe midgets.  :lol:

we used to toss them onto this flypaper stuff, and see how high we could get em stick.  I don't think that's too cool anymore.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think the young people use the term " little person" to describe midgets.  :lol:

we used to toss them onto this flypaper stuff, and see how high we could get em stick.  I don't think that's too cool anymore.

pc stops at hope I'm sure their out there just not  enough nards to admit it     sent u a mess.

2 hours ago, lx Birdie xl said:

This hits me.. I actually live there although not there at the moment. 1 of the kids in serious condition is my sons grandmas great nephew. The shooter is my sons aunts fiance's nephew.. 2 of the dead from what I've heard were his brothers.. Although the community does have its problems.. the people I have talked to and interacted with have all been kind to me.. Even the drug dealers were nice when I turned them down when they've tried to sell me stuff walking back from the store. Sad day for the community

so your mom great nephew that might just be your nephew? sister or sister in law fiance nephew? Sounds wield the way you put it 

5 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

so your mom great nephew that might just be your nephew? sister or sister in law fiance nephew? Sounds wield the way you put it 

Son -> his grandma(Mothers side) -> her sister -> Daughter -> son(crit condition)

Son -> Aunt(mothers side) -> Fiance -> Sister -> son(shooter)

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

Okay, this is just a idiotic statement. Stabbing someone takes a lot more guts than shooting them. Stabbing someone you feel them die. Shooting someone, like charles manson said, is just pointing a gun at someone pulling the trigger and then they're gone.

One can make a bow and some arrows out of $30 worth of materials available at any hardware store without government authorization, draw and point at someone, release...and then they are gone.

Archived