The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Value of) Sedins' new contract ?

21 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Yes "Spock".. Sometimes what sounds illogical , may indeed be logical . ;) 

We need 1 major player, i think the rest is lining up..

What player is that you think. 

I think we need a Norris Dman, a big crease clearing shut down Dman, a power forward (Lucic) and another scoring forward. 

4 pieces to make legit run. 2 of those are extremely difficult to get and every one wants them.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

I don't see them playing for another team. They're retiring as life long Canucks whenever they decide to hang then up IMO. 

Everyone thought that guys like Sundin, Alfredsson and Brodeur would retire with their respective teams as well. I think the Sedins have earned the right of making that choice. If they do decide to go for a Cup, I don't think anyone can begrudge them for making that choice.

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

What player is that you think. 

I think we need a Norris Dman, a big crease clearing shut down Dman, a power forward (Lucic) and another scoring forward. 

4 pieces to make legit run. 2 of those are extremely difficult to get and every one wants them.

Going to stay bold on this to fill seats for at least 6 years Rock's ..

Stamkos. Lucic. Shattenkirk. Gudbranson.

Stamkos is my no.1 for many reasons.

for years the Habs played with the mentality that the best Defense is a good Offense ..  I think our D will follow suit nicely behind a high shooting quadrant of youth and skill and toughness.. Give the Sedins the room to breathe and BAM! 

Pedan and hopefully Tryamkin behind or with Shattenkirk and Gudbranson..  Looks pretty good to me.

Hutton.. Hmm m a young , very young, Neidermayer ??

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Going to stay bold on this to fill seats for at least 6 years Rock's ..

Stamkos. Lucic. Shattenkirk. Gudbranson.

Stamkos is my no.1 for many reasons.

for years the Habs played with the mentality that the best Defense is a good Offense ..  I think our D will follow suit nicely behind a high shooting quadrant of youth and skill and toughness.. Give the Sedins the room to breathe and BAM! 

Pedan and hopefully Tryamkin behind or with Shattenkirk and Gudbranson..  Looks pretty good to me.

Hutton.. Hmm m a young , very young, Neidermayer ??

Sold, but how are we getting Shttenkirk and Gudbranson. That will require, Horvat, Virtanen ++

Then we gotta get them 2 and Lucic and Stamkos under the cap which means removing a lot of cap from our roster, meaning we need more players to fill those spots. 

Oh never mind. Yes, lets do it, I'm in......::D::D

16 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Sold, but how are we getting Shttenkirk and Gudbranson. That will require, Horvat, Virtanen ++

Then we gotta get them 2 and Lucic and Stamkos under the cap which means removing a lot of cap from our roster, meaning we need more players to fill those spots. 

1. Shattenkirk:  Word was the Blues were looking for Scoring and felt he was disposable.Vrbatta UFa this year.. Low cap hit at deadline.. Probable re-sign at 2.5 .. Vrbatta and conditional 2nd or 3rd? in 2017. (conditional upon Vrbattas playoff performance and if he re-signs... 3rd pick if re-signed)

Gudbranson: Edler, and i hate to say this, Shinkarick.. They take Edlers Cap hit. Edler will quite possibly wave his NTC at this one time opportunity (thats what you tell him).

Shinkarik is an asset of value if we sign another center as center piece.

work with me Rock's :)  

31 minutes ago, Toews said:

Everyone thought that guys like Sundin, Alfredsson and Brodeur would retire with their respective teams as well. I think the Sedins have earned the right of making that choice. If they do decide to go for a Cup, I don't think anyone can begrudge them for making that choice.

I wouldn't begrudge them either. I just doubt it happens. 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

<<<< PS.  
UFA's:  Hamhuis, 4.5m .  Vrbatta,5.0m .  Weber, 1.5m.,   Higgins, 2.5m.  Prust, 2.5.  = 16m capspace (virtually all by expired contracts

add Edler at 5m

TOTAL = 21 m capspace.

Stamkos - 4 year • 44m                     ( 14•12•10•8 )                             (simular-better than Kopitar's)

Lucic - 4 year • 24m                           ( 7•6•6•5 )

1st year hit 21m                                2nd year hit 18m (Sedins exp)   3rd year hit 16                                4th year hit 13m

still need to move Burrows and Miller to add: (damn them all)

Shattenkirk 26yrs old -                  1year remaining.                               @ 4.25m (UFA 2017) 

Gudbranson 24yrs old -                  RFA this season-                                has had 2 previous 3yr deals at 2.5 - 2.7m per. 

*** uh oh .. Bed time !

Archived