The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lucic plans to "remain a King" for rest of career

31 minutes ago, FireGillis said:

He is for a 3rd overall pick, but that just wasn't a good 1st round for dmen that year.  The 2nd round has turned out slightly better so far.  That's why I'm not in favour of picking a dman high, unless you have a stud like doughty, ekblad, etc.

1st Round

3. Erik Gudbranson

10. Dylan McIlrath

12. Cam Fowler

13. Brandon Gormley

15. Derek Forbert

22. Jared Tinordi

23. Mark Pysyk

2nd Round

36. Alex Petrovic

37. Justin Faulk

38. Jon Merrill

41. Patrik Nemeth

46. Martin Marincin

53. Mark Alt

54. Justin Holt

60. Stephen Johns

I say,  Gudbranson's best years are with the Canucks.

.. And If Lucic comes home to Vancouver, I'm pretty sure his best year yet will happen with the Canucks.

1 hour ago, Bigturk8 said:

Relevant stuff from the article linked in the tweet.

" It’s also another big day in the continuation of discussions between Milan Lucic and the Los Angeles Kings. According to a team source with knowledge of the proceedings, Lucic and Dean Lombardi met either yesterday afternoon or are meeting this morning in an attempt to come to an agreement on a new contract. The meeting was scheduled to take place at Toyota Sports Center.

On last week’s conference call, Lombardi noted that “It’s probably safe to say we will be making … our best offer, under the circumstances, probably early next week, is probably when I envision this,” so this recent meeting falls in line with his timeline.

In the event no agreement is reached in the coming days, Lucic will be free to negotiate with other teams at 9:01 p.m. PT on June 24, though he won’t be able to sign with a team other than Los Angeles until July 1."

55 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I hope it goes poorly and we sign him.  He would make next year more interesting, plus it may encourage Miller to expand his list of teams :ph34r:.

I see the additional Capspace has not risen very much (1.7m ??). . I think the odds are in our favour that Lucic hears offers and makes a decision within 2 weeks.

Archived