The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lucic plans to "remain a King" for rest of career

Sometimes, I imagining a better world where fans of my favorite team want to welcome a medical treatment to a very long disease; fear, instead of bashing what could be one of the greatest legends hanging in the Ring of Honour.

Like Gudbranson who will allow Hutton to skate circles and bring offense, Lucic is the type of player our Virtanens and Horvats need. As protection for the Sedins as well as for the teachings of heavyweight hockey.

11 hours ago, Bigturk8 said:

Personally I think this is just posturing,. It would look bad to the Kings fan base and media if the last news report on Lombardi's negotiations with Lucic were stale for over a month before he is lost to free agency.

Unless something as wild as what what DeNiro is suggesting (Brown to Phoenix to absorb cap space, including a good draft pick)..

its hard to see Lucic not reach free agency,. the cap could potentially drop by 5-6 mil next season. 

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Personally I think this is just posturing,. It would look bad to the Kings fan base and media if the last news report on Lombardi's negotiations with Lucic were stale for over a month before he is lost to free agency.

Unless something as wild as what what DeNiro is suggesting (Brown to Phoenix to absorb cap space, including a good draft pick)..

its hard to see Lucic not reach free agency,. the cap could potentially drop by 5-6 mil next season. 

IMHO the optics of extended negotiation works for both LA and Lucic. Lucic has to hope for a bidding war as LA slowly clears CAP. With expansion coming I suspect the list of protected players for each team becomes more important than possible moves leading to this fall's camps.  

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

IMHO the optics of extended negotiation works for both LA and Lucic. Lucic has to hope for a bidding war as LA slowly clears CAP. With expansion coming I suspect the list of protected players for each team becomes more important than possible moves leading to this fall's camps.  

True, as I see this morning the Hawks just moved the Bicknell contract

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=886117

I've been flip flopping on this since last summer only because of $$$ but at the end of the day I think the pro's outweigh the cons. Especially with the youth movement, having a tough guy that can play in your top six is so rare. The fact he is a local boy is the cherry on top. How could you not want to see Lucic on the left side and Virtanen on the right flying in on a forecheck in the playoffs.

Although I think he is the perfect example of a school bully that says a lot of really stupid things that make no sense and has some dirty punches/stickword, I'd still love him on the team. Once he sticks up for the Sedins and beats the piss out of someone, you know the fans will go nuts, especially since he's from Van. The refs/league already hate us so we might as well embrace it. 

the one thing for lucic is that he got away with a lot because he was a bruin/king. If he comes to the Canucks, the refs will have no problem giving him penalties for all of the stuff he does.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooch, come home. 

Lucic - Sutter - Virtanen

Tryamkin - Gudbranson

...be a tough line to play against.

I like the idea of having a mean power forward, protecting his team mates and causing some havoc in front of the opposing net. He's not just a goon either, the guy has some skills and scores. I know a lot of people in VAN don't like him, but I agree, once he hits the ice wearing the blue and green, throws his first big hit and plays physical, he'll become an instant fan favourite. You also want a player like that for the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Tryamkin - Gudbranson

I like the idea of having a mean power forward, protecting his team mates and causing some havoc in front of the opposing net. He's not just a goon either, the guy has some skills and scores. I know a lot of people in VAN don't like him, but I agree, once he hits the ice wearing the blue and green, throws his first big hit and plays physical, he'll become an instant fan favourite. You also want a player like that for the playoffs.

Agreed, how about in two years...

Lucic Dubois Virtanen

Sutter although having a great two way game isn't very physical. Dubois has an edge to him and I think could be a perfect blend of speed, skill and nasty to compliment our Burrard street bully's in quite an effective line in every aspect.

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Tryamkin - Gudbranson

People said the same about Messier.  Some guys simply aren't respectable people or players.

22 hours ago, Me_ said:

Sometimes, I imagining a better world where fans of my favorite team want to welcome a medical treatment to a very long disease; fear, instead of bashing what could be one of the greatest legends hanging in the Ring of Honour.

Like Gudbranson who will allow Hutton to skate circles and bring offense, Lucic is the type of player our Virtanens and Horvats need. As protection for the Sedins as well as for the teachings of heavyweight hockey.

This x1000. We'd be lucky to get him for nothing. Jimmy was willing to give up a prospect + before Lucic was dealt to LA. If we can get in EDMs way again (Gudbranson) it'll be a good rivalry for the next decade.

Crag Button was saying the kings are going to get Brown off the books one way or the other and resign Lucic with that money. The are also looking at moving Gaborik if need be. I honestly think the Kings will do whatever it takes to sign Lucic. He just fits that team so well. 

3 hours ago, Western Red said:

This x1000. We'd be lucky to get him for nothing. Jimmy was willing to give up a prospect + before Lucic was dealt to LA. If we can get in EDMs way again (Gudbranson) it'll be a good rivalry for the next decade.

Reflecting on the trade that took Lucic to L.A. .. Hard to beleive the Bruins then moved Martin Jones on to San Jose. I think the Bruins could use something as solid as that between the pipes.  Funny how people and management can get over enthusiastic about draft picks, and the identity of that pick basically the luck of the draw.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/martin-jones-boston-bruins-san-jose-sharks-trade/

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

People said the same about Messier.  Some guys simply aren't respectable people or players.

That is a god awful comparison... Messier was also at the end of his career and 9 years older than Lucic is now when we signed him...

Not comparable... 

At all...

12 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Crag Button was saying the kings are going to get Brown off the books one way or the other and resign Lucic with that money. The are also looking at moving Gaborik if need be. I honestly think the Kings will do whatever it takes to sign Lucic. He just fits that team so well. 

Coach Sutter LOVES what Lucic brings to his team.

12 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Hmmmmm......I could just see it now............................................

BREAKING NEWS: Dustin Brown was arrested at the LAX airport this morning, after it was discovered that he was carrying 4 lbs. of cocaine in his carry-on bag. The bag had the name Lombardi on the ID tag.

Archived