The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Canucks Management Conspiracy Theory, Lemiuexing it

Warhippy

On 21 February 2016 at 7:55 AM, granpappy said:

will be more exciting watching young talent rather than vets winding down their careers

Not if they are getting beaten every night.

Do you seriously think that improves their game. Look at the oilers who have been high draft picks but have been in the team for 3 or 4 seasons. They look pretty ordinary now.

That's the danger when you gut a team of it's core experience. The youngsters become "headless chickens"

3 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Not if they are getting beaten every night.

Do you seriously think that improves their game. Look at the oilers who have been high draft picks but have been in the team for 3 or 4 seasons. They look pretty ordinary now.

That's the danger when you gut a team of it's core experience. The youngsters become "headless chickens"

My younger, and less furry cousin.  You can't be serious, always referring to the Coilers as the one team that never succeeds, even with top picks.  For a tank to be successful it must be well planned, not just willy-nilly like the Coilers.  A proper tank is thought out years in advance, centered on the talent available at that year's draft.  The top tanking teams knew last year and this year are the best 2 drafts of this current decade.  JB said as much, when he announced last year's draft was good, but his one is better. The Coilers are poor planners. 

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

My younger, and less furry cousin.  You can't be serious, always referring to the Coilers as the one team that never succeeds, even with top picks.  For a tank to be successful it must be well planned, not just willy-nilly like the Coilers.  A proper tank is thought out years in advance, centered on the talent available at that year's draft.  The top tanking teams knew last year and this year are the best 2 drafts of this current decade.  JB said as much, when he announced last year's draft was good, but his one is better. The Coilers are poor planners. 

Just like the Oilers the Hawks have also been referred to far too often and to get a better more accurate example we need to look at the teams in the middle of this group. Just like if I was to buy a used car, I would not see the most expensive one advertised or the most cheapest, I would look at the middle of the pack cars to get an accurate actual worth.

I see a team weighed down by inexperienced youth, defensive liabilities, struggling vets, inconsistent scoring, ineffective systems, numerous injuries, struggling power play, mental and physical fatigue, lack of chemistry, lack of toughness/push back, erratic coaching, bad bounces, bad line changes, bad calls, bad luck, bad breaks and more.

All of this was exposed when Torts was here. Same issues minus the injection of rookies. There was no intentional tank then and I'd say there's no intentional or covert tank now. We're seeing reality over conspiracy. We've been seeing many of these same issues become larger issues since 2012.

My take ... any resemblance to a tank has been organic in nature rather than conspiratorial.

Archived