The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Dallas

As enticing a prospect as Nichushkin is - the bottom line is that this club needs some defencemen.  Preferrably young NHL ready defenseman, but prospects would do at this point also. 

We don't need anymore scoring wingers/forwards until we address the defence IMO. 

33 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

As enticing a prospect as Nichushkin is - the bottom line is that this club needs some defencemen.  Preferrably young NHL ready defenseman, but prospects would do at this point also. 

We don't need anymore scoring wingers/forwards until we address the defence IMO. 

Read my mind. Try to build from the back end out. Younger and capable dmen should be the start.

11 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

your kidding right? Not in a million years. they'd want Hammer and Horvat, nothing less... get a grip ppl. 

lol, they might want Hammer and Horvat but I assure you Benning would be fired if he even considered that deal. No one in there right mind even considers that deal from our end. They would have to add to Nichshkin in a big way just to get us to answer the phone on horvat, sorry.

To DAL:

Hamhuis (30%retained)

Vrbata (30% retained)

Hansen

Gaunce

4th Round Pick 2016

2nd Round Pick 2017

3.5 + 3.15 + 2.5

9.15 million 

To VAN:

Honka

Nichushkin

Moen

Hemsky

1.5 + 1.35 + 4 + 1.85

8.7 million

Main target is Honka, but if we can get Nishushkin as well that would be lovely.

1 hour ago, Rocksterh8 said:

your kidding right? Not in a million years. they'd want Hammer and Horvat, nothing less... get a grip ppl. 

In what world does Horvat not have more value than Nichushkin? Sure he has had a few flashes of brilliance, but he has shown to be injury prone and hasn't really put it together yet. Horvat hasn't either obviously, but his floor is so much higher because of his defensive prowess. We've seen Horvat make huge strides with his skating and he will develop more assuredly... Now I realize fans always like their own prospects more than other teams, but I think if you polled all 30 GMs, at least 20 would pick Horvat over Nichushkin... So Hammer + Horvat???? Makes no sense.

8 minutes ago, Aircool said:

In what world does Horvat not have more value than Nichushkin? Sure he has had a few flashes of brilliance, but he has shown to be injury prone and hasn't really put it together yet. Horvat hasn't either obviously, but his floor is so much higher because of his defensive prowess. We've seen Horvat make huge strides with his skating and he will develop more assuredly... Now I realize fans always like their own prospects more than other teams, but I think if you polled all 30 GMs, at least 20 would pick Horvat over Nichushkin... So Hammer + Horvat???? Makes no sense.

A voice of reason, thanks

9 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

You are a homer of course they would make that trade in a heartbeat.   

Yup to both.  That's why, so we hear, Yzerman wanted Bo for Drouin.  I'm sure Dallas would expect the same.  We would say no, but both those teams would jump for joy.

I'm not sure I even like Nichushkin. Reading his scouting report makes him sound like a selfish player who wants to do everything himself. This wouldn't seem to fit JBs vision as far as character, team players. But, who knows? He's made some head scratchers this year.

2 hours ago, Aircool said:

I didn't say he does, I said thats what they would ask for. 

22 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

I didn't say he does, I said thats what they would ask for. 

How does that make sense? How would they get it in their head to target Hamhuis, agree to give up Nichuskin and then ask for Horvat, and then come to the opinion that its a fair trade...

You lost me.

Archived