The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lets Build the Las Vegas Roster

17 minutes ago, Toews said:

Is there a reason why you are going with option 2 for all teams? Don't teams have a choice on which option to pick? The only reason to go for option 2 is if your #4 defenseman is more valuable than your #5 forward. Very few teams have that problem.

I would add Montour to Anaheim but with Andersen being the best goalie to remain unprotected in the entire league, no point considering other options.

It would just be to hard and take too much time to determine which option teams would want.  Option 2 keeps it simple.  . 

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

For the Central....

DAL – Seguin, Benn, Nuchushkin, Faksa, Sharp, Klingberg, Honka, Goligoski  Lehtonen

Unprotected – Spezza, Oduya, Niemi, Hemsky, Russell

CHI – Kane, Toews, Panarin, Teravanin, Anisimov, Seabrook, Keith, Hjalmarsson, Crawford

Unprotected – Ladd, Hossa, Kruger, Shaw, Bickell

STL – Tarasenko, Stastny Steen, Lehtera, Fabbri, Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Parayko, Allen

Unprotected – Backes, Bouwmeester, Elliot, Berglund, Brouwer, Gunnarsson

NSH – Weber, Josi, Johansen, Neal, Forsberg, Smith, Ellis, Fiala,  Rinne

Unprotected – Ekholm, Fisher, Ribeiro, Wilson

COL – Duchene, Landeskog, MacKinnon, Boedker, Johnson, Barrie, Soderberg, Beauchemin Varlamov

Unprotected – Iginla, Mitchell, Grigorenko

MIN – Parise, Koivu, Granlund, Coyle, Spurgeon, Brodin, Dumba, Niederrieter, Dubnyk

Unprotected – Vanek, Pominville, Fontaine, Zucker, Scandella, Kuemper, Suter

WPG – Wheeler, Ehlers, Scheifele, Little, Myers, Byfuglien, Trouba, Morrisey, Hellebuyck

Unprotected – Pavelec, Enstrom, Stafford, Armia, Petan

Found more targets

13 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

It would just be to hard and take too much time to determine which option teams would want.  Option 2 keeps it simple.  . 

IMO Option 1 would have been a better choice as I think that one will be chosen by just about every team but I digress.

For the Central....

WPG – Wheeler, Ehlers, Scheifele, Little, Myers, Byfuglien, Trouba, Morrisey, Hellebuyck

Unprotected – Pavelec, Enstrom, Stafford, Armia, Petan

Agree? Disagree? Am I missing anyone?

As usual, will comment on the Jets.

According to the rules, players entering the final year of their ELC doesn't begin until July 1st. In that regard, both Ehlers and Petan would not have to be protected, as they would be ineligible. In Ehlers place, they would probably place Adam Lowry as a protected asset. And depending on if they won the lottery, they would probably look at trading Bryan Little (may happen anyway) and then use the other one on Marko Dano.

6 minutes ago, Monty said:

As usual, will comment on the Jets.

According to the rules, players entering the final year of their ELC doesn't begin until July 1st. In that regard, both Ehlers and Petan would not have to be protected, as they would be ineligible. In Ehlers place, they would probably place Adam Lowry as a protected asset. And depending on if they won the lottery, they would probably look at trading Bryan Little (may happen anyway) and then use the other one on Marko Dano.

Yeah there is a lot of grey area in terms of ELC, and NMC, so to simplify it I just used any player that has played under 2 season pro is exempt, any player over has to be protect.  I also imagine a lot of teams will make trades to better protect themselves prior to the draft but it's hard to predict what will happen.

Did i pick the correct goalie?

For the Metro....

WSH- Ovi, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Carlson, Wilson, Galiev, Oshie, Niskanen, Holtby

Unprotected – Orpik, Orlov, Johansson, Burakovsky, Laata, Bowey

NYR – Stepan, Kreider, McDonagh, Miller, Nash, Lindberg, Staal, Girardi, Lundqvist

Unprotected – Boyle, Fast, Hayes, Moore, Yandle, Brassard

NYI –Tavares, Strome, Boychuk, Leddy, Hamonic, De Haan, Okposo, Lee, Halak

Unprotected –Bailey, Pulock,  Grabovski, Kulemin, Nielson, Nelson

PIT – Malkin, Crosby, Kessel, Letang, Maatta, Bennett, Pouliot, Hornqvist Fleury

Unprotected –Kunitz, Bonino, Hagelin, Fehr

PHI –Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn, Couturier, Gostisbehere, MacDonald, Read Mason

Unprotected – Raffle, Laughton, Medvedev, Streit, Umberger

CAR – Staal, Skinner, Lindholm Faulk, Hanfin, Murphy,

Unprotected – Nash, Haisney,

NJ – Henrique, Cammalleri, Zajac, Greene, Severson Larsson, Josefson, Palmieri, Schneider

Unprotected –Ruutu, Gionta, Smith-Pelly, Tootoo

CBJ – Jones, Murray, Saad, Dubinky, Folingo, Johnson, Savard, Jenner Bobrovsky

Unprotected – Atknison, Hartnell, Wennberg, Tyutin, Clarkson

21 minutes ago, Toews said:

IMO Option 1 would have been a better choice as I think that one will be chosen by just about every team but I digress.

You're probably right, there just to many grey area's we don't have clarity on,  College rules, europe rules, teams will need to keep open 25% of their cap, ELC rules, and NMC.  This biggest issues will be ELC and NMC's. 

So I went with as simple as possible

14 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yeah there is a lot of grey area in terms of ELC, and NMC, so to simplify it I just used any player that has played under 2 season pro is exempt, any player over has to be protect.  I also imagine a lot of teams will make trades to better protect themselves prior to the draft but it's hard to predict what will happen.

Did i pick the correct goalie?

You definitely did. Fortunately, Eric Comrie would not be eligible, so he would not need to be protected. And Pavelec will be coming off his contract, so they can make him unprotected, all the while he'll be headed to free agency (unless the players have to be signed for another year. Then they will extend Hutchinson in order to make it work.

2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

For the Atlantic...

FLA – Barkov, Ekblad, Gudbransson, Bjugstad, Smith, Petrovic, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Luongo

Unprotected – Jagr, Jokinen, Hudler, Howden, Kulikov

BOS – Krejci, Bergeron Krug, Marchand, Beleskey, Hates, Seidenberg, Pastrnak, Rask

Unprotected – Kelly, Eriksson, Spooner, Chara, McQuaid, Subban

TB – Stamkos, Kucherov, Palat, Drouin, Johnson, Callahan, Hedman, Namestnikov, Vasilevskiy

Unprotected –Bishop, Garrison, Coburn, Carle Boyle, Filppula,

DET – Nyquist, Tatar, Helm, Larkin, Jurco, Kronwall, Ericsson, Smith, Mrazek

Unprotected –Richards, Zetterberg, Datyuk, Abdelkader, Green, Howard

OTT – Turris, Ryan, Karlsson, Stone, Wiercioch, Ceci, Zibanejad, Lazar Anderson

Unprotected – Hoffman, Smith, Chaisson, Phaneuf, Methot

MTL – Subban, Galchenyak, Pacioretty, Plakanc, Emelin, Gallagher, Desharnais, Price

Unprotected – Markov, Petry, Gilbert, Eller, McCarron, Beaulieu, Condon

BUF – Eichel, Rienhart, O’rielly, Kane, Girgensons, Bogosian Ristolinen, Ennis, Lehner

Unprotected – Moulson, Gionta, Foligno, Franson, Pysyk

TOR – Nylander,  Kadri, JVR, Rielly, Gardiner, Carrick, Komarov, Bozak, Bernier

Unprotected –Lupul, Holland, Grabner, Parenteau, Michalek, Robidas

3 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

@thejazz97

Your team...lots of really good D

Forwards

Hossa Brassard Yakupov

Backes Kesler Gaborik

Johansson Nielson Abdelkader

Wennberg

Defense

Suter, Enstrom,

Wideman, Ekholm

Franson, Oduya , 

Methot, Kulikov,

Streit, , Petry

Goalies

Reimer

Subban

I think in trying to make sure I had enough D I overcompensated :P 

2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

For the Central....

CHI – Kane, Toews, Panarin, Teravanin, Anisimov, Seabrook, Keith, Hjalmarsson, Crawford

Unprotected – Ladd, Hossa, Kruger, Shaw, Bickell

Panarin wouldn't qualify to be protected. Would be finishing his second year in the NHL, and not July 1st, so they wouldn't have to worry about him. Would protect one of Kruger or Shaw in his place.

Hossa would be a prime candidate to be picked up. His salary would help the new team reach the cap floor.

14 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

@thejazz97

Your team...lots of really good D

Forwards

Hossa Brassard Yakupov

Backes Kesler Gaborik

Johansson Nielsen Abdelkader Hagelin

Wennberg  Eller Michalek

Smith-Pelly

Defense

Suter, Enstrom,

Wideman, Ekholm

Franson, Oduya , Bowey 

Methot, Kulikov, 

Streit, , Petry

Goalies

Reimer

Subban

Andersen

Edler

Wideman

Yapukov

King (you forgot him on LA)

Rieder

Thornton

Suter

Stafford

Lindell

Ladd

Backes

Bowey

Nelson

Laughton

Atkinson (I think he will be protected)

Erickson

Dats

Hoffman

Petry

Folgino

So

Ladd-Thornton-Ericksson

Hoffman-Backes-Atkinson

Nelson-Dats-Yapukov

King-Laughton-Folgino

Sutter-Wideman

Edler-Lindell

Petry-Bowey

Andersen

Matt Murray

6 minutes ago, Monty said:

Panarin wouldn't qualify to be protected. Would be finishing his second year in the NHL, and not July 1st, so they wouldn't have to worry about him. Would protect one of Kruger or Shaw in his place.

Hossa would be a prime candidate to be picked up. His salary would help the new team reach the cap floor.

He did play pro in the khl and the rules state 2 years pro including Europe. But they still have to iron out the details. 

24 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I know rangers are high on Buchnevich,  think they would rather keep him and risk not protecting a staal or Nash, they would save cap?

I doubt European experience will count. It would just make things complicated, more than they already are. 

As far as Rangers protecting Staal, I doubt it happens. His contract is absolutely brutal. Him getting claimed would actually benefit the Rangers long term. 

Archived