The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks @ Oilers Friday, March 18, 6 PM PST

TheGuardian_

3 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

There's been at least one thread devoted to his playing time and countless comments. Hank is hurt, why risk running him into the ground for a lost season? McCann isn't ready for prime time. I know he's CDC's golden child but he'd get lit up like a Christmas tree if he was getting those minutes night after night. Not good for his confidence. He still needs sheltering. That leaves two people...Bo and Vey (with Granlund out). Bo can only do so much and as much as I like him and believe in his offensive potential, Vey is the more offensively gifted player at the moment and should get the ice time to suit that.

"more offensively gifted" may not be the best term, but so far in their careers that part of his game is more developed. 

Offensively gift :lol:. Vey has 43 points in 127 games. Horvat has 56 in 138. Vey in 24 years old, Horvat is 20. Horvat does everything, plays on the PK, plays on the PP, defensive draws, etc etc. Horvat>Vey by ten thousand miles. How will McCann get lit up exactly? We don't know. Has he played those minutes before? No. He could excel at it, maybe Willie should give McCann a try. But no, its all about Vey. 

1 minute ago, Apricot said:

Offensively gift :lol:. Vey has 43 points in 127 games. Horvat has 56 in 138. Vey in 24 years old, Horvat is 20. Horvat does everything, plays on the PK, plays on the PP, defensive draws, etc etc. Horvat>Vey by ten thousand miles. How will McCann get lit up exactly? We don't know. Has he played those minutes before? No. He could excel at it, maybe Willie should give McCann a try. But no, its all about Vey. 

Look st this season, as I said Vey is a different player from last year. You're choosing to ignore that. If you read my whole post you'd see I elaborated on that.

and really, you want to a throw a 19 year old who's shown a propensity to be physically overmatched straight into the fire? I'd rather not risk that damage to his body or confidence. McCann will be a good player but vey is better st the moment. Not to mention it seems fairly apparent that the Canucks are giving guys like Vey and Etem these minutes as a litmus test of sorts so they can make a more properly informed decision on them this summer. Y'all just hate vey too much to open your eyes.

5 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Look st this season, as I said Vey is a different player from last year. You're choosing to ignore that. If you read my whole post you'd see I elaborated on that.

and really, you want to a throw a 19 year old who's shown a propensity to be physically overmatched straight into the fire? I'd rather not risk that damage to his body or confidence. McCann will be a good player but vey is better st the moment. Not to mention it seems fairly apparent that the Canucks are giving guys like Vey and Etem these minutes as a litmus test of sorts so they can make a more properly informed decision on them this summer. Y'all just hate vey too much to open your eyes.

I can't get into this with you cause I'm going out, so lets just agree to disagree. 

10 hours ago, riffraff said:

Cody hodgson was traded after similar treatmentB)

And he paid the price for his/his agent or his father's lack of patience and ineptitude. I believe he's getting his "big" minutes in the AHL now but I could be wrong.

AV was bringing him along fine and I have no doubt he would still be in the NHL and doing well if he had taken better advice.

11 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Im freaking annoyed of Willies decision, why the freaking hell is Bartwoksi on seriously give a guy like Pedan some confidence, or give a guy like Tyramkin a chance to play  a different situation. What the hell do you have to got to lose, Willie ugh! I want to see the young players play not these garbage players like Bartwoski, My eyes don't need to see him play seriously wow!

Pedan is coming on fine, however his outlet passes tend to take too long, he didn't have a great game. Trymkin on the other hand is/was very composed when getting the puck out of the zone and unlike Pedan seems to think ahead of the game.

Pedan will get his chance, (we are playing 2 games in 2 nights) he has only played 5 NHL games and you want to give him 20 mins a night. Pedan is no Hutton incase that has escaped you.

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

And he paid the price for his/his agent or his father's lack of patience and ineptitude. I believe he's getting his "big" minutes in the AHL now but I could be wrong.

AV was bringing him along fine and I have no doubt he would still be in the NHL and doing well if he had taken better advice.

One of the most bizarre cases I've seen.

gets the big step up contract in buffalo, does well with vanek then plummets and the rest is history.

who knows what's going on behind those doors.

Archived