The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks @ Oilers Friday, March 18, 6 PM PST

TheGuardian_

Just now, Wild Sean Monahan said:

What? He's on a ~40ish point pace, he's dependable in all 3 zones, he's improved on draws, and he makes his line mates better. I'm not claiming him to be a superstar but he's a legitimate NHL player (and btw, a 40 point pace makes him more than a below average player) and I hate seeing the hate on him continue. I didn't like him last year either but hes a different man this year. He doesn't need to set the world on fire...he's a solid 3rd line player and offensively he may still continue to grow. 

More like 30-35 point pace. Those are terrible numbers for a guy who gets just as much total ice time as the SEDINS.

Don't be surprised when McCann take his spot at centre next year. Obviously McCann is a huge upgrade over Vey but Willie can't see that.

6 minutes ago, goblix said:

man he's a young player getting minutes which is what people want no?

Honestly McCann has been playing better lately but prior to that he was horrid getting decent minutes. He's not on my NHL roster next year but Vey may stick or he may be traded.. this is where you play him to try to figure that out.

People want to see McCann and Virtanen and Gaunce to get more minutes. Players who have deserved it, McCann and Virtanen killed it in the preseason and made the team, Gaunce getting called up cause he's killing it in the AHL and he deserves it. Vey has done nothing to get here, and barely does anything to stay here. Yet here he is..

Archived