The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks @ Oilers Friday, March 18, 6 PM PST

TheGuardian_

3 minutes ago, combover said:

The most embarrassing part of this team is coward factor. Pushed around by the oilers. Lol great work Benning you made this club softer than ever before.

Softer than Daniel getting punched several times by Marchand? ;)

Im freaking annoyed of Willies decision, why the freaking hell is Bartwoksi on seriously give a guy like Pedan some confidence, or give a guy like Tyramkin a chance to play  a different situation. What the hell do you have to got to lose, Willie ugh! I want to see the young players play not these garbage players like Bartwoski, My eyes don't need to see him play seriously wow!

Just now, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Im freaking annoyed of Willies decision, why the freaking hell is Bartwoksi on seriously give a guy like Pedan some confidence, or give a guy like Tyramkin a chance to play  a different situation. What the hell do you have to got to lose, Willie ugh! I want to see the young players play not these garbage players like Bartwoski, My eyes don't need to see him play seriously wow!

The draft can't come any sooner eh

1 minute ago, cabinessence said:

Love the way Burrows skated away from taking the man with a few seconds left. It sure is different from the old Burrows with passion.I guess he figures just play a full 59:56.

There was no point in getting anyone else riled up.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

While this game is great for draft position, I'm disgusted by the absolutely useless and pathetic officials, once again, and Desjardins use of pending UFAs over young players. 

I don't think WD is going to last beyond next season.

Unless we win the Cup ;)

Just now, Apricot said:

People want to see McCann and Virtanen and Gaunce to get more minutes. Players who have deserved it, McCann and Virtanen killed it in the preseason and made the team, Gaunce getting called up cause he's killing it in the AHL and he deserves it. Vey has done nothing to get here, and barely does anything to stay here. 

Firstly who cares about preseason.. Vey got called up and has earned his minutes... this is where the double standard comes in yet again. 

Everyone simply hates on Vey it's disgusting to read this kind of crap consistently. I'm not even a Vey fan! lol I just see improvement and I'm liking that.

Also it's not like Virtanen, McCann and Gaunce are getting 6-8 minutes a night... McCann gets around 10-14 minutes, Virtanen around 10-15 minutes and Gaunce around 10-13 minutes.. considering as none of the play on the first PP unit it's not all that far off. 

23 minutes ago, Apricot said:

Not specifically talking about tonight, just overall. I dislike him a lot

Right? And he just comes in here and gets on the first PP unit. I simply don't understand

:lol:

Alf, shutout ;)

I have seen his improvements yes, hasn't improved enough to get 18-19 minutes a night and first PP unit. He doesn't deserve it. 

There's been at least one thread devoted to his playing time and countless comments. Hank is hurt, why risk running him into the ground for a lost season? McCann isn't ready for prime time. I know he's CDC's golden child but he'd get lit up like a Christmas tree if he was getting those minutes night after night. Not good for his confidence. He still needs sheltering. That leaves two people...Bo and Vey (with Granlund out). Bo can only do so much and as much as I like him and believe in his offensive potential, Vey is the more offensively gifted player at the moment and should get the ice time to suit that.

"more offensively gifted" may not be the best term, but so far in their careers that part of his game is more developed. 

Archived