The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] offseason extravaganza

20 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Matthews for Domi + Duclair 

Bleh I'd rather keep Matthews... People are saying he is better than Eichel and would be second overall in the 2015 draft... Would you trade Eichel for Domi and Duclair ?

I would not....

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

How would yall feel about dealing AM to Phoenix for domi and 1st/2nd?

I'd do Matthews for this years 1st, next years, and a good prospect. If they get 3rd and whoever has 2nd takes Puljujärvi we have Laine. Win-win for both team IMO. We get Daniel's successor and Arizona gets their hometown franchise player. 

38 minutes ago, goblix said:

Bleh I'd rather keep Matthews... People are saying he is better than Eichel and would be second overall in the 2015 draft... Would you trade Eichel for Domi and Duclair ?

I would not....

I wouldn't mind doing it tbh. Domi will be a 1st line and Duclair will become a very good 2nd liner with chances to be a 1st liner.

1 hour ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

I wouldn't mind doing it tbh. Domi will be a 1st line and Duclair will become a very good 2nd liner with chances to be a 1st liner.

Quality vs Quantity arguement here.

Domi will be a good top 6 forward, but Eichel // Matthews will be cornerstones... It's like saying would you want Doughty//Karlsson or would you want Stralman + Hamonic

Rough comparison I know but I hope you know what I'm getting at.

On 23 March, 2016 at 2:36 PM, TheRussianRocket. said:

To Islander: Sbisa + Miller

To Vancouver: Hamonic

[Goaltending is a weak point and why Isles suck. Miller will stabilize the crease. Get a replacement dman in Sbisa and Hamonic comes home to western Canada]

Sbisa and Miller would go unclaimed on waivers, they have negative value.

The Isle goaltending has been excellent this season, you may want to spank that fact checker of yours.

It's how you turn one of the worse rosters in the league into a contender.

Take two players who aren't particularly good on bad contracts, and trade them for a highly sought after player.  You save $5M in cap space and dump two bad players.  And justify by saying the teams needs an upgrade in a spot where they have two players way better than the player you are giving them.

The $9M+ in cap space that Miller and Sbisa take up is a tremendous negative value to this players.  You can't get rid of it and at the same time get a great layer in return.  Especially considering the saved cap space gets you Lucic.  So, in effect, you get Lucic and Hamonic for Miller and Sbisa.

Good luck with that.

Archived