The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] We should try to get Domi and Duclair.

29 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Just look at this years stats of Domi and Duclair. (I know you have). Then look at this year's stats of Virtanen and McCann. Yeah, they don't compare at all.

So you can try and downplay Domi and Duclair all you want, but you obviously like them better than McCann/Virtanen/Tryamkin and for good reason. Domi and Duclair are much better at this point.

You can speculate or make up data to support your claim, but that would be a logical fallacy.

Its still only one season though, I think in the long run McCann, Tyramkin, Markstrom has the potential to be way better than a Domi or Duclair (That package would only get 1 to be fair, and I'm not going to include Virtanen in that)

Hell look at Henrik's debut season where he was struggling and had guys like Tanguay, Lecavalier, Havlat, Hossa, Connolly, Gaborik, Stefan, Richards.

(Now McCann is no Henrik and Domi is no Tanguay)

but would you have done Hank, Sopel, Cloutier for Tanguay in 2001?

12 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

[Proposal]

So, Horvat and Domi were incredible in the OHL. Both of them made a huge impact in their first year/years of NHL. Duclair has great chemistry with Domi.

Why don't we try to get them all on a line together. The price would be huge, but I really think it could be worthwhile. I bet we could get them if we parted ways with Markstrom, Tryamkin and McCann.

Thoughts?

Alf has learned the CDC meaning for Troll.  It's not a big monster living in a cave, nor is it a method of fishing.  It's more a combination of both.  You must have a very nice view of the water from your cave.  :lol:

Duclair is a BUM.  Alf likes Dummy though.  

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Just look at this years stats of Domi and Duclair. (I know you have). Then look at this year's stats of Virtanen and McCann. Yeah, they don't compare at all.

So you can try and downplay Domi and Duclair all you want, but you obviously like them better than McCann/Virtanen/Tryamkin and for good reason. Domi and Duclair are much better at this point.

You can speculate or make up data to support your claim, but that would be a logical fallacy.

My whole basis of this was that the price would be steep but worth it and that you would have to trade 3 assets to get them. Obviously I think they are better, a smart manager trades players to make his team better not worse. In order to do so, you must be willing to part with assets. I simply stated that those are all assets, along with a pick, that I would be willing to trade for those two players.

5 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

My whole basis of this was that the price would be steep but worth it and that you would have to trade 3 assets to get them. Obviously I think they are better, a smart manager trades players to make his team better not worse. In order to do so, you must be willing to part with assets. I simply stated that those are all assets, along with a pick, that I would be willing to trade for those two players.

You say that a smart manager trades players to make his team better not worse, yet you're assuming Arizona's GM is dumb enough to trade two NHL calibre players that have proven that they can score in this league - with two new players that are finding their potential. This is why you're getting criticized for your proposal.

Think of it from Arizona's perspective: What does Arizona GET out of this deal, aside from taking a pretty huge, unnecessary gamble which benefits the Canucks?

Remember: They will need two players to replace Domi and Duclair's point totals, for starters. Let alone replace what they have given for their team.

McCann and Virtanen are NOT proven NHL players. They may have done well for their first year, but all three players (if you include Tryamkin) DO NOT add up to Domi/Duclair. Just look at their freaking point totals. All three don't even add up to ONE player.

Plus, if they really wanted to get rid of these two players, other teams in the league can pony up a far better deal.

Stop trying to argue for the sake of arguing. McCann and Virtanen plus Tryamkin is not a steep price. A 1st, Horvat and Demko is a steep one.

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

You say that a smart manager trades players to make his team better not worse, yet you're assuming Arizona's GM is dumb enough to trade two NHL calibre players that have proven that they can score in this league - with two new players that are finding their potential. This is why you're getting criticized for your proposal.

Think of it from Arizona's perspective: What does Arizona GET out of this deal, aside from taking a pretty huge, unnecessary gamble which benefits the Canucks?

Remember: They will need two players to replace Domi and Duclair's point totals, for starters. Let alone replace what they have given for their team.

McCann and Virtanen are NOT proven NHL players. They may have done well for their first year, but all three players (if you include Tryamkin) DO NOT add up to Domi/Duclair. Just look at their freaking point totals. All three don't even add up to ONE player.

Plus, if they really wanted to get rid of these two players, other teams in the league can pony up a far better deal.

Stop trying to argue for the sake of arguing. McCann and Virtanen plus Tryamkin is not a steep price. A 1st, Horvat and Demko is a steep one.

I never said virt McCann and tryamkin

20 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

I never said virt McCann and tryamkin

Regardless of who you might suggest, Markstrom or otherwise - it still wouldn't be enough to land either Domi or Duclair.

Domi and Duclair are really good players.

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Regardless of who you might suggest, Markstrom or otherwise - it still wouldn't be enough to land either Domi or Duclair.

Domi and Duclair are really good players.

And that's why I said it would be a step price and worth it. You have poor vision.

21 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

And that's why I said it would be a step price and worth it. You have poor vision.

Except that's not a steep price. A steep price is a 1st, Horvat and Demko.

Again, you haven't addressed this simple point. Look at the point totals for this year for ALL players.

Domi and Duclair.

Then look at our roster, including Markstrom.

Is there any player that we can offer to Arizona that will give an equivalent or more point total for this year AND THE FUTURE? Excluding Markstrom, who is a goalie and has proven this year he can play in the NHL, it's clear that neither Tryamkin/Virtanen will do the trick, clearly.

Tryamkin is brand new to the NHL. BRAND NEW. He has next to no value, even with his KHL stats. Why can't Arizona fetch for another defenceman that has played much longer in the league? Perhaps Letang or Goligoski?

If you don't want to answer the above, that's fine. Why haven't you suggested throwing a 1st and Horvat? Is it because the price is steep?

Sadly, it might realistically require both of those to snag one of these players. This is what is called a 'steep price'.

Even someone like you who is incapable of understanding logic understands the value of Horvat, which is why you have yet to consider throwing Horvat (someone who has actual value). You'd probably think it's an overpayment though, LOL.

On 4/8/2016 at 5:05 PM, Dazzle said:

Except that's not a steep price. A steep price is a 1st, Horvat and Demko.

Again, you haven't addressed this simple point. Look at the point totals for this year for ALL players.

Domi and Duclair.

Then look at our roster, including Markstrom.

Is there any player that we can offer to Arizona that will give an equivalent or more point total for this year AND THE FUTURE? Excluding Markstrom, who is a goalie and has proven this year he can play in the NHL, it's clear that neither Tryamkin/Virtanen will do the trick, clearly.

Tryamkin is brand new to the NHL. BRAND NEW. He has next to no value, even with his KHL stats. Why can't Arizona fetch for another defenceman that has played much longer in the league? Perhaps Letang or Goligoski?

If you don't want to answer the above, that's fine. Why haven't you suggested throwing a 1st and Horvat? Is it because the price is steep?

Sadly, it might realistically require both of those to snag one of these players. This is what is called a 'steep price'.

Even someone like you who is incapable of understanding logic understands the value of Horvat, which is why you have yet to consider throwing Horvat (someone who has actual value). You'd probably think it's an overpayment though, LOL.

A steep price could be worth whatever they think they are worth. You tend to get extremely butt hurt over small details that aren't really relevant when the word "like" is used. 

3 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

A steep price could be worth whatever they think they are worth. You tend to get extremely butt hurt over small details that aren't really relevant when the word "like" is used. 

A steep price is a price that you almost don't want to pay for.

Not what they think they are worth. Big difference in that.

On 7 April, 2016 at 0:42 AM, Where'd Luongo? said:

Mike Smith is on the downturn of his career so even though Domingue played alright they would like to have another proven goaltender to help them. They are also quite weak on D, similar to us, making Tryamkin very appealing since he is proving himself to be quite a good defender. McCann had a decent first year, not magnificent but he was good enough that he would be on Phoenix's roster next year.

They also have Strome and Dvorak coming in next year who are supposed to be better than Domi and Duclair. Dvorak has 19 points more this season than Domi had in his last OHL season. Strome has more points than Domi at one year younger than Domi's last season.

That's why they would go for it. To fill in their needs.

What needs?  Filling their team with worse players?

Canucks don't have anyone that will interest Arizona in parting ways with any one of those players let alone both.

Let's say we won the lottery and get Matthews.  Would u want trade him if Arizona offered up a package for Domi and Duclair? Probably not.

3 minutes ago, jptony604 said:

Canucks don't have anyone that will interest Arizona in parting ways with any one of those players let alone both.

Let's say we won the lottery and get Matthews.  Would u want trade him if Arizona offered up a package for Domi and Duclair? Probably not.

Certainly not.  However, for OEL and their two firsts this draft, maybe?

1 minute ago, jptony604 said:

Again, that will never happen...

They aren't gonna part ways with OEL for a draft pick let alone add 2 more to get Matthews.

they just fired their GM.  they need to sell tickets.  This is a unique circumstance.  Matthews is the best American player since Modano, and he's from Arizona - or they could sell him that way.  OEL is an excellent player, but (in that market) he does not sell seats.  this is not our fan base, who know the sport and the players. 

I know they played together in London but is domi not playing centre as well right now? could that be part of his success at nhl level?

I feel baer horvat etem is going to end up being a solid 2nd line for us Id rather find the pieces for our first line hope boeser and Virtanen are part of the equation just to find a 1c now to set our top 6 for the future

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:19 PM, Where'd Luongo? said:

[Proposal]

So, Horvat and Domi were incredible in the OHL. Both of them made a huge impact in their first year/years of NHL. Duclair has great chemistry with Domi.

Why don't we try to get them all on a line together. The price would be huge, but I really think it could be worthwhile. I bet we could get them if we parted ways with Markstrom, Tryamkin and McCann.

Thoughts?

I would trade McCann + for Duclair, he is gonna be a star

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2016 at 11:28 AM, LegionOfDoom said:

I know they played together in London but is domi not playing centre as well right now? could that be part of his success at nhl level?

I feel baer horvat etem is going to end up being a solid 2nd line for us Id rather find the pieces for our first line hope boeser and Virtanen are part of the equation just to find a 1c now to set our top 6 for the future

Domi played mostly wing this year. Now that we have the fifth overall, what about a trade of Boeser + 5th overall for Domi & Duclair?

9 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Domi played mostly wing this year. Now that we have the fifth overall, what about a trade of Boeser + 5th overall for Domi & Duclair?

I would like that, but don't think Arizona would like that, 2 of there top 6 guys for a draft pick and prospect who isint even a forsure thing. It would take virtanen boeser and the 5th and I'm not Intrested in that at all. But I would love to have domi in a Canucks uniform alongside bo. If our 5th pick gets packaged with a vet (Hansen) to acquire him I would be super excited 

Archived