The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDF: (3) San Jose Sharks vs. (4) Nashville Predators | Sharks win 4-3

Who will win the series?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was hoping every series would go to 7 games with all of them into overtime. I want all those teams to be tired next year, hopefully the Canucks can pick up an extra point or two and make the play offs.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Oh man, I would love to see that happen. How would that work though? Would they really play until early morning?

They'd be asleep before you know it! ::D Goalies though... :mellow:

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/stanleycupbunker/a/longest_games.htm

"

March 24, 1936: 116:30 of overtime
Detroit Red Wings 1 - Montreal Maroons 0
Mud Bruneteau's goal in the 6th overtime period gives the Red Wings the first game in a best-of-five semifinal. Detroit goes on to win the Stanley Cup.

April 3, 1933: 104:46 of overtime
Toronto Maple Leafs 1 - Boston Bruins 0
Another six-overtime marathon. Ken Doraty scores to clinch the deciding game of a best-of-five semifinal. Toronto will lose to the New York Rangers in the Stanley Cup Final.

May 4, 2000: 92:01 of overtime
Philadelphia Flyers 2 - Pittsburgh Penguins 1
In the 5th overtime period, Keith Primeau's goal ties the second-round series at two games apiece. The Flyers win the next two games, but blow a 3-1 series lead to New Jersey and lose the Eastern Conference Final.

April 24, 2003: 80:48 of overtime
Anaheim Ducks 4 - Dallas Stars 3
Petr Sykora scores less than a minute into the 5th overtime period, and the Ducks win Game One of the second round series.

I don't know if they would halt the game till next day but at some point player safety has to be a huge concern

1 minute ago, gurn said:

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/stanleycupbunker/a/longest_games.htm

"

March 24, 1936: 116:30 of overtime
Detroit Red Wings 1 - Montreal Maroons 0
Mud Bruneteau's goal in the 6th overtime period gives the Red Wings the first game in a best-of-five semifinal. Detroit goes on to win the Stanley Cup.

April 3, 1933: 104:46 of overtime
Toronto Maple Leafs 1 - Boston Bruins 0
Another six-overtime marathon. Ken Doraty scores to clinch the deciding game of a best-of-five semifinal. Toronto will lose to the New York Rangers in the Stanley Cup Final.

May 4, 2000: 92:01 of overtime
Philadelphia Flyers 2 - Pittsburgh Penguins 1
In the 5th overtime period, Keith Primeau's goal ties the second-round series at two games apiece. The Flyers win the next two games, but blow a 3-1 series lead to New Jersey and lose the Eastern Conference Final.

April 24, 2003: 80:48 of overtime
Anaheim Ducks 4 - Dallas Stars 3
Petr Sykora scores less than a minute into the 5th overtime period, and the Ducks win Game One of the second round series.

I don't know if they would halt the game till next day but at some point player safety has to be a huge concern

That monster game from 2007 doesn't come close to making that list and that was a marathon.. damn

I have always wondered why the teams don't put in the back up after an overtime period. Get him warmed up during the intermission and the guy would be fresh and hopefully sharp, no mental mistakes due to fatigue?

4 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

That monster game from 2007 doesn't come close to making that list and that was a marathon.. damn

I tried to watch the entire game, but stopped after the third overtime ended. I had to wake up early the next day. Didn't it end around 12:30 AM PT?

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I tried to watch the entire game, but stopped after the third overtime ended. I had to wake up early the next day. Didn't it end around 12:30 AM PT?

I think. Somewhere around there. but I was in high school then so I could skip the morning. nbd :lol:

Perks of being a kid.. they are missed :(

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I watched it all.  I was over it, I literally said someone just score and end it either Dallas or Van lol

But with the way Luongo was playing, I knew he wasn't gonna let one in, he would've made saves all night.

Archived