The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

JB, do us all a favour and make use of the NTC you never gave Sbisa

TheRussianRocket.

3 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

I like Sbisa. This being said, he is certainly an obvious target for trading, assuming the Canucks want to move a d-man.

If he does go, I'd expect he'll wind up in the east, perhaps with NJ, the Rangers or Philly in exchange for a low 2nd - high 4th round pick, depending on how high that pick is, and assuming that the Canucks are moving him just as a cap dump more than anything and are willing to take less than market value.

regards,  G.

you can't get a pick for Sbisa. Future considerations, maybe.

28 minutes ago, Stanky Legs said:

you can't get a pick for Sbisa. Future considerations, maybe.

You've heard this from the 29 non-Canuck GMs, or is this just your biased opinion? :)

regards,  G.

3 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

I like Sbisa. This being said, he is certainly an obvious target for trading, assuming the Canucks want to move a d-man.

If he does go, I'd expect he'll wind up in the east, perhaps with NJ, the Rangers or Philly in exchange for a low 2nd - high 4th round pick, depending on how high that pick is, and assuming that the Canucks are moving him just as a cap dump more than anything and are willing to take less than market value.

regards,  G.

regards,  G.

8 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

It's not really about Sbisa or Hamhuis. It's about Tryamkin. And what's best for him is what's best for Hamhuis/Sbisa - in this case, best for Hamhuis and not so much Sbisa.

And I beg to differ but keeping Hamhuis is vital for our rebuilding group. In that he'd be mentoring Tryamkin and safely allowing him to develop. Something you can't say if Sbisa was paired alongside him.

I'm a Sbisa fan, and I'm pretty sick of Hammer, but I agree with you here to an extent.  I think that the primary consideration should be how the partner affects Tryamkin's game.  I think the coaches have a better idea of who will be best than I do.

8 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I would agree with you if Hammer had had a better season than he did. Prior to his injury he was being beaten in his own zone to the outside and in board battles. Maybe he could play a role at 3LD but it would likely mean moving Sbisa which I would not be crazy about.

I knew I couldn't be the only one seeing this.  Hammer was Blade of Grass out there.

5 hours ago, soshified said:

I think a Sbisa-Tryamkin pair would be interesting. 2 D that can play big and throw hard hits.

If those 2 ever got enough chemistry to make a 3rd pair, we are a scary Defense. 

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Sbisa Tryamkin

Have fun with that. The 1st pairing finally has some backup and so do the forwards that are coming to play with the Oaks.

7 hours ago, J.R. said:

That's my read as well ;)

I'll bet against Sbisa being traded.  I think Benning is serious about having 11 D.

As far as Hammer goes, Benning is saying the right things, but he doesn't like him.  If he did, he'd be signed.

Larsen and Biega will start in the pressbox and garbage Pedan will go down.  Book it.  Biega brings a tonne to the table and has proven it, so they won't risk him.  I tend to be careful about going out on a limb, but I am pretty sure about this.

10 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sbisa to Edmonton, for Edmonton's 2nd and 4th round picks?

Sbisa to Edmonton for the 16th and the 33rd pick lol! That is the price the Foilers gave to acquire "stud" D Griffin Reinhart. 

No way in hell should JB trade Sbsia.  I may finally get my wish and see the Canucks witha  bruising back end. If Edler/Gudbranson/Sbsia/Tryamkin can get going as a group to play a physical game, that is going to be one fun back end to watch.

Plus Sbsia is a pretty good player :)

Archived