The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

I don't think you can call him out in the last 2 games stats never lie pal. In the last 2 games he's a 0g 2a -1. I'm not a die hard fan like you claim to be and i havent attended every game like you but I'm pretty positive that one of his - was from an empty net goal last game. Seeing that gaunce has been in on 2 of the 3 goals that Belleville has scored in the last 2 games and has been in on 7 of the 15 goals that the bulls have scored along with being included in a 5 way tie for 2nd in playoff scoring with 7 pts it sure looks as if the bulls are better off with him than without him.

STATS DON'T LIE

I definitely see your point, but maybe we should take the word of the guy who actually watches these games in person. He's not slamming Gaunce or anything. He's just reporting on what he's seeing.

That being said, I hope Gaunce becomes a factor in turning his team around. Would not be good at all if the Bulls end up losing this series after leading 2 games to 0.

Remember, the level of skating in junior compared to the NHL is like comparing apple to oranges. People, on here for the thought Hodgson developed elite skating ability in his last year in junior.

o_O what delusional fan thought hodgson had elite skating ability? (hope it wasnt me!) Hodgson like gaunce has good topspeed but its the acceleration from a stop that is the issue.

Nice to see that this guy is doing all that, despite him being known for his defensive play.

Yeah his offensive ability is being underrated. He has a pro caliber wrist shot and excellent passing ability aswell.

You are only watching the score sheets. I follow the Steelheads closely (season tickets) and the Bulls and Guance have been awful the last two games. There is no way they should have lost and the Bulls first line has been completely dominated by Mississauga's in games 2 and 3. This series is a complete shock and Guance as the captain is taking a hit for that. There is still lots of time left but I wasn't impressed with him the last two.

Yeah the Bulls have fallen off.

I watched the highlights for all the games and Gaunce's plays have been nice. I know in the last game it was a seeing eye cross crease pass to an open Graovac.

The Bulls have fallen off, but they have the team to turn it around. And atleast Gaunce is still producing.

o_O what delusional fan thought hodgson had elite skating ability? (hope it wasnt me!) Hodgson like gaunce has good topspeed but its the acceleration from a stop that is the issue.

I think Gaunce's top speed is a bit better.

Even if it is not, he has longer legs than Cody, so he has the ability to continue to work on it with his long stride. Cody kinda just did his best to max out what he could.

Gaunce, wearing that # 16 in the red, yellow and black, remind you of someone?

Seriously though, I'd like this team to have a real captain again. Nothing against Henrik, he's just not the kind of guy who's going to put a team on his back, and Luongo prior to that was just a publicity stunt. Not saying Gaunce will be a Canuck captain, but you can't doubt that leadership!

Edited by Ossi Vaananen
  • Upvote 1

He's also on a 9-game point streak dating back to the regular season. 8-7-15, +7 in that span. He steps it up when it counts, and to think he still has another year of junior left... I'm looking forward to seeing him at the WJCs for Team Canada next year.

Gaunce, wearing that # 16 in the red, yellow and black, remind you of someone?

Definitely a little Linden-esque, the way he plays... defensively responsible, can chip in offensively and shows up in big games. And he's not afraid to drop the gloves occasionally, although he's not much of a fighter. Who knows, maybe he makes the team out of camp next year and forgoes the WJCs altogether.

Yeah big fan of this guy.

I think there is a chance he may earn a spot out of camp.

Personally if he impresses us I would maybe give him a few games, u can give a player a few games before the contract is burnt off so I would consider it.

Although I want him to go back and play another year of junior, and be on the WJ team. Then next year really push for a spot.

I don't think he is too far away but I don't want to rush him, I would rather prospects overcook than undercook.

So where's TruCanuck now? I guess Gaunce isn't captain material :rolleyes: .

I love guys that step up when they need too, especially in playoffs. What a beaut.

woah woah wpah woah. When did I ever bash gaunce??? I dint think I've ever said anything bad about him since that day he was given an orca Jersey and hat? Tell me your thinking of someone else. You better find the quote before you throw me under the bus pal.

Anyone?

Edited by TruCanuck