The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Yes! Of course a Mem Cup run is important in player development, jesus, we're not the Islanders rushing every 1st rounder into the NHL. If we let him go back to the OHL (after a few games to give him a taste and so he knows what to work on more) he will have way more experience going into next season.

They don't actually do that, just 1 or 2 guys over the last 30 years.

For anyone suggesting that he'll be a captain - I would suggest you maybe don't hold your breath on that one. Hunter has always preffered to have a defenseman as his captain because they're on the ice more often than forwards and therefore more available to be his inbetween with the refs. If Horvat DOES get named captain it would be saying an awful lot about him. I'm definitely not saying it won't happen. Just that you shouldn't be surprised or upset if he isn't. He'll definitely get a letter. It's just odds are more likely it'll be an A

https://twitter.com/...1780480/photo/1

That's cool that they give them all rings for being OHL champs.

They're valued at $3000 dollars. I'm really curious how much that is in comparison to how much they get paid to play in a season.

Edit: I love how many Canucks fans are on there saying something along the lines of "How about a Stanley Cup ring now?" Let's not put too much pressure on the kid :P

Edited by 22sedins33

They're valued at $3000 dollars. I'm really curious how much that is in comparison to how much they get paid to play in a season.

Edit: I love how many Canucks fans are on there saying something along the lines of "How about a Stanley Cup ring now?" Let's not put too much pressure on the kid :P

It depends on how many people show up to the games so it varies for every team I think.

For anyone suggesting that he'll be a captain - I would suggest you maybe don't hold your breath on that one. Hunter has always preffered to have a defenseman as his captain because they're on the ice more often than forwards and therefore more available to be his inbetween with the refs. If Horvat DOES get named captain it would be saying an awful lot about him. I'm definitely not saying it won't happen. Just that you shouldn't be surprised or upset if he isn't. He'll definitely get a letter. It's just odds are more likely it'll be an A

So we can expect Miles Liberati to be captain this coming season then eh?

:bigblush:

Edited by suitup

It depends on how many people show up to the games so it varies for every team I think.

If you're talking about how much the players make, i'm pretty sure it's like $800 - $1100/month in London. That's the average, but i'm almost sure of it that they've paid much more to some players to convince them to play here instead of College. That's why the Hunters take lots of risks with draft picks. ie, Patrick Kane

Out of our prospects, it seems more likely Gaunce could be future captain, with Horvat getting one the of the A's. Anything can happen.

this, if gaunce becomes a top 6 forward i think he would be the better captain. Gaunce seems like he would give a speech or something to get the team pumped while horvat is a lead by example type leader

this, if gaunce becomes a top 6 forward i think he would be the better captain. Gaunce seems like he would give a speech or something to get the team pumped while horvat is a lead by example type leader

Most captains are lead by example guys rather than vocal ones. Just look at all the current guys and past greats.

• Upvote 1

Most captains are lead by example guys rather than vocal ones. Just look at all the current guys and past greats.

By most you mean "the best" right? Always have played sports, successful teams have a leader who gets everyone to buy in, but not by telling them to buy in, by showing them how to buy in. Once you have that, doesn't matter how much skill you have, you can compete with every team, LA Kings are a good example. Or the SA Spurs, look at Russel Wilson with the Seahawks, the guy believes in himself and team mates and he shows that on the field. Either Bo or Brendan could be a leader for the nucks, I think they might be a very solid team, because they both have that leading quality and could feed off each other.

By most you mean "the best" right? Always have played sports, successful teams have a leader who gets everyone to buy in, but not by telling them to buy in, by showing them how to buy in. Once you have that, doesn't matter how much skill you have, you can compete with every team, LA Kings are a good example. Or the SA Spurs, look at Russel Wilson with the Seahawks, the guy believes in himself and team mates and he shows that on the field. Either Bo or Brendan could be a leader for the nucks, I think they might be a very solid team, because they both have that leading quality and could feed off each other.

yes that's what I meant too. Regardless of the "best" that have played the game, the majority of captains in the NHL today are lead by example guys not these speeches vocal ones. That's what the coach is for imo.

They didn't have a young player of Schroeder's caliber that was ready and had earned a chance on the team.

Having Schroeder gives us the luxury to take our time with Horvat and make sure he develops the right way.

There's no reason both can't make it...

I think it's an outside chance Bo makes the team as well and agree that it's likely best if he gets all the fantastic opportunities available already mentioned in this thread playing in Junior and not rush his development. But I could easily see:

Sedin, Sedin, Kassian

Booth, Schroeder, Kesler (Kes taking draws)

Burrows, Gaunce/Horvat/Richardson, Hansen

Higgins, Richardson/Santorelli, Weise

I think in that scenario Bo would have to be NOTICEABLY better than Gaunce or Richardson to earn the spot over either. If he's even on par I think they send him back to the O personally and let him dominate and gain valuable experience. If he IS noticeably better though...

Also if Booth's return is delayed, Bur and Higgins slide up a line.

Edited by J.R.

i know right? i mean, clearly he'll get a calder cup before he gets a stanley cup.