The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

The guy is a future 2nd line or elite 3rd line center. I dont know why people are freaking out, its his first game in over a month. All the other teams are on a roll. I watched the 2nd and 3rd and he didnt look amazing but he didnt look bad either. Domi and Zadarov looked rustier.

The guy is a future 2nd line or elite 3rd line center. I dont know why people are freaking out, its his first game in over a month. All the other teams are on a roll. I watched the 2nd and 3rd and he didnt look amazing but he didnt look bad either. Domi and Zadarov looked rustier.

i admittedly haven't watched much of the knights, but from what i saw at the wjc, canucks prospect camp, preseason and last night, while i don't think horvat's ceiling has changed, i think the "can't miss" aspect of every analysis i've read is a bit premature. i think maybe his stock rose too much from one playoff run.

i'm still hopeful he'll become that player you see him becoming, but i'm a lot more skeptical now than i was when he was drafted.

for one, he's going to need to improve his foot speed just as much or more than gaunce will.

Actually, what i got from Bo, and actually Josh Anderson as well, in that game is that they are both read to move on. The way they play, is in my mind on a level above the rest of the team. I didn't like how he handled that penalty shot, but after the first, they all sat back waiting for chances. I wasn't impressed, but i did like that toe Bo-Drag that Bo almost turned into a goal in the first.

The whole team looked deflated.

Actually, what i got from Bo, and actually Josh Anderson as well, in that game is that they are both read to move on. The way they play, is in my mind on a level above the rest of the team. I didn't like how he handled that penalty shot, but after the first, they all sat back waiting for chances. I wasn't impressed, but i did like that toe Bo-Drag that Bo almost turned into a goal in the first.

The whole team looked deflated.

I find in the CHL its always rust not rest. in this case there is alot to shake off considering they haven't played a game in a month. they can say what they want about bo but only 1 player scored in this game, none of wich are knights. he seemed like one of the top players on the ice to me. he created alot of chances.

Very disappointing game but we all have really high expectations for him.

Biggest thing I noticed is he's really smart with exerting energy, and he knows where to position himself, already for an NHL team.

May be a bit of a stretch but I think Hunter already has him playing an NHL game that doesn't translate well to run and gun Juniour. A lot of the time he made a check against the boards but the puck was already chipped away to some open ice, he's definitely watched NHL games during his break and is moving towards that style of play

Things I'd like him to work on is his first 3 steps, and just getting that wrist shot to be as much a snipe as possible.

Edited by Merci

I don't think anyone was looking past this game to the NHL. That doesn't make any sense at all to me. Maybe a drafted player on a bottom feeder team would do that, but these kids have been trying to win the Memorial Cup for up to three years, and there is no way they are just trying to float through their remaining commitment to their junior club just to workout for the offseason and take a crack at an NHL roster. Horvat, specifically, has been off for 33 days and been practicing 3 on 1 off, then everyday for the last week. Hunter has been ramping them up for this opportunity for almost a month, not to mention his aspirations from the whole regular season and seasons past. I have a hard time believing any question to his commitment.

Konecny is likely a top 5 pick, so I doubt we finish that low. If we had kept Torts then I think we'd definitely have a good shot..

We're not a good team though. I don't see any of the playoff teams falling out any time soon, and we've kind of been status quo. We're not gonna win anything with a first line, 2 3rd lines and an AHL line. But anyway this is a discussion for another thread

World Junior Championship?

The World Junior Championship is a small tournament for U-20 players that has been highly overrated by TSN.

But people can keep pretending that all prospects are Pokemon and assign experience points as they please.

The World Junior Championship is a small tournament for U-20 players that has been highly overrated by TSN.

But people can keep pretending that all prospects are Pokemon and assign experience points as they please.

It's a small tournaments with the best Junior players in the world that haven't leaped into the NHL. Pretty big if you ask me. And the fact that it's so highly regarded makes it that much more important.

Jonathan Toews and Sidney Crosby never won any Junior/College championships. They must have missed a huge development opportunity.

You say Crosby and Toews have never won any junior championships and then I tell you they have won the WJC, one of the biggest tournaments for a junior players career and you say that it's overrated. The WJC has the best under-20 players from all over the world and future NHL stars competing in it, how is that overrated?

I don't think Horvat has called it in yet and is just waiting for his chance to join the Canucks. He's had two chances to win the Memorial Cup and failed both times to win it. This is probably his last chance to win it and he hasn't played a game for over a month, he and his team is just rusty.

Overall the whole team looked sluggish. First game in over a month plus, a number of players just now getting healthy and back into the lineup. Still only lost 1-0 and were scored on by a man who averaged a goal per game. (not a point per game… a goal per game….) Overall the whole team looked rusty, but still they put 40+ shots on net and barely lost. People, relax, if this performance happens again, then ok, maybe cause for concern. 2 more games, ok, there may be a problem. But right now, everyone just needs to relax. Just wait, the knights, and Bo along with them, will bounce back and have a good game next time. Wait and see