The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ben Hutton | #27 | D

Samk

Prab is currently playing with the Stockton Thunder Evansville Icemen in the ECHL.

as far as justin, he's currently above a PPG pace in the BCHL, and leading his team. 7th in the BCHL (his team is 3rd in the league, and top of their division). so there is something there to watch. then again, he's 20 right now... and JUST getting to the NCAA next year.... so he should probably be doing better given that he's so much older than the competition.

edit: looks like there are a bunch of 20 year olds in the BCHL.... i thought they were mainly younger kids who are forgoing the whl to enter the ncaa...

Actually, the NCAA seems to want these 20-21 year olds as freshmen. If you check the college commitments on the BCHL website, a lot of them are twenty year olds.

It's interesting seeing the development of the Gillis collegiate d-men. The hope, the sell, at the time was that they could brew into something decent before turning pro, in some sortof Detroit methodology, but has this been the case with these kids?

Jeremy Price, Patrick McNally, and of course Ben Hutton... Are any of them going to become pros?

McNally's a definite possibility, it seems he regained his game. Hutton, based on what i saw of him last year, was a sure thing in my mind. i haven't had a chance to see him this year, but his team is horrendous this year, i'd like to watch a game before i comment on how he is actually playing this season. there just haven't been that many college games on tv this season. and those that have been aired (on channels i get) have mainly been teams that have no canucks prospects. Looks like the saturday game is on NBC Sports in the US, so I'll be able to check it out too, and we'll all get our first look at him this season. Also, BC (demko) plays on friday on NBC sports, so i'll get my first look at him too. looks like a good weekend of hockey this weekend.

bump

*the Maine vs Lowell game is now listed on TSN2, not the main network as I believe it was when I first posted this.

5pm Shaw 182 and 237.

I just tuned in what number does he wear?
10 it is.
Edited by Dogbyte

His team just isn't very good, he's clearly one of the best if not the best player on the team and he's having the game I expected him to have. Very good offensively, creating chances, skating well and being physical defensively. He can still work on his defence game by getting more involved and staying in position.