The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016 Entry Draft

Master Mind

2016_NHL_Entry_Draft_logo.png

Welcome to the 2016 CDC Puck Entry Draft!

Selections will be tracked here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EvKfHNdPigHqOHXJumRHIKplj-xjlwMHaXfcPEOEEXQ/edit?ts=5748d57d#gid=0

A big thanks to @thejazz97 for creating this spreadsheet!

We will be doing the first 28 picks with no time limits until a playoff champion is named.

Please tag the next person that's up in your post. If it's a vacant team, please tag the commissioners.

@Keslerific you make pick whenever you are ready.

Happy drafting everyone!

50 minutes ago, Monty said:

With the 8th overall pick, the Columbus Blue Jackets are proud to select, from the Mississauga Steelheads, and our intended pick with the 4th overall (before we traded it), Alexander Nylander.

@blunts4breakfast You're up.

Let's get a live look at Monty with his newest draft pick right now:

sddefault.jpg

3 minutes ago, Monty said:

Apparently. Am I missing something?

When Burke picked Reilly, he said in the post draft interview that Reilly was their intended top pick all along and would have taken him #1 if they had the 1st pick in the draft. I just thought it was funny because it sounded similar to what Burke said. 

20 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

When Burke picked Reilly, he said in the post draft interview that Reilly was their intended top pick all along and would have taken him #1 if they had the 1st pick in the draft. I just thought it was funny because it sounded similar to what Burke said. 

Blerg! Forgot about that (age really is messing with me).

With projections that Nylander will get snapped up by the Flames IRL, D-Money and I wanted to avoid Edmonton's pick as nobody knows what they will do (trade, who they will draft). And we wanted to steer far, far clear from whomever the Canucks picked. We liked Nylander because, if he goes to the Flames, they have a ridiculously talented team, which only looks poised to do something fierce in the near future.

However, this is all moot if Nylander is snatched up by another team.

Archived